Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:28:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scout car?  (Read 18248 times)
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 04:18:22 am »

Because, its armor type allows for it to recieve damage from small arms, and due to the fire rate on bars, 2 squads, even suppressed, will kill the scout car, and you will most likely only have to retreat, yes i said retreat, one squad, and it will have 1 or 2 men left.

No, and I've actually tested the vehicle.

The scout car will kill two squads easilly, pinning them long before they can kill it.

It won't be in its current form when it returns.
Crono Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 04:23:01 am »

Theory crafting and single accounts are not enough valid evidence for this.  Now, tomorrow I will post numbers for all this for you, as this will give an accurate depiction of things.

I will hide this........giant gun.

Pak-38 commander when going into cloak
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 04:35:22 am »

Theory crafting and single accounts are not enough valid evidence for this.  Now, tomorrow I will post numbers for all this for you, as this will give an accurate depiction of things.
Its disabled.  Its bugged.
Its the MG42 upgrade, not the base unit thats bugged.
The modifiers were constantly adding up upon lock-down, and not removing themselves on unlock.  Every time.

Hope that clears it up.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 08:27:51 am »

Theory crafting and single accounts are not enough valid evidence for this.  Now, tomorrow I will post numbers for all this for you, as this will give an accurate depiction of things.

The modifiers were constantly adding up upon lock-down, and not removing themselves on unlock.  Every time.

Except that they WEREN'T which I said at least 5 times now. I think kwiatte saved a replay with a scout-car resetting 5 times without taking damage, and still dieing to 2 ATG shots after it un-set-up, when it should have taken 15, if the bug were true.
This is based entirely on the fact that vCoH has a certain ability(which we don't) which supposedly should take away the modifiers, when it in fact does not achieve this, only applying a further 1x modifier to the modifiers already applied(meaning they're kept at what they were after setting up).

And Crono - gamesguy already did the maths in another thread.
He also said the scout car has 4 times the relative HP of an HMG squad(as in, it takes 4 times longer on average to kill a scout car than it does an HMG crew). He's done the maths on it, you're just basing it with a "I saw it be different!" argumentation. That works in OMG, but not here.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:34:56 am by Mysthalin » Logged

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 08:32:19 am »

Way to go belittling Chrono for playing OMG.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 08:33:14 am »

not bellitling him for playing OMG, but for the way OMG deals with "balance".
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 08:42:08 am »

OMG has close to the same take as we have on the scout car.

And several of our balance issues start up on personal observation and the possible issue is then explored in depth, just like theirs do.

What I'm trying to remind you of here is that it's totally unnecessary to attribute the error of someone's arguement based on what other games or mods they play. First because there's no way to prove that this has any connection at all, secondly because it creates bad air between the mods.

I used to think OMG was worse based on the same superstition peasant logic, once I got to know it better it turns out they are very similar to us. Point given and taken now I presume.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:49:12 am by Smokaz » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 08:47:33 am »

Let's get back on topic gents.
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 12:05:00 pm »

SO, SCs are like Staghuonds now?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 12:25:32 pm »

I wouldn't put it that way - staghounds can suppress all the time, unlike the SC which needs to set up, and it has anti-vehicle capability... So, even though your deduction isn't entirely true, it's not uncalled for Wink.
davidf78 Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 01:03:37 pm »

the scout car should always suppress in friendly and in enemy territory. the modifier should just have the set up timer an MG squad has. since PE dossent have an Mg crew this should be ours. now for ppl who think that this is not fare because you have 360 degree and its on wheels, well you can't recrew it so there.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 01:03:59 pm »

OMG NOOBS EIR > OMG

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
davidf78 Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 01:09:52 pm »

OMG NOOBS EIR > OMG
well i like both Mods, and i like the ability to repair my vehicles as many time as i have to. (i am a PE player)
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 01:18:24 pm »

I think it should only be able to set up on friendly territory, that way it won't be overpowered.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010, 01:21:17 pm »

I think it should only be able to set up on friendly territory, that way it won't be overpowered.
That was it's initial implementation.

well you can't recrew it so there.
If anything, if I lost something as mobile as the SC on the front line, I'd think my front line was fairly fucked and the wreck would be fairly overrun. Meaning, the enemy would be more than likely to recrew it. I'd rather not have that happen, personally.
davidf78 Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 01:25:13 pm »

it can't be OP because like an mg squad you have to set up. if a quad car get close to you you should be able to see him setting up then you move your troops out of range on into green cover. we dont have the ability to retreat our crew and have another recrew a scout car. when we lose that car we lose our support. PE infantry are already Nerfed the hell out.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 01:27:39 pm »

Yet don't you think it might be a little too much when you can drive up one or two scoutcars right into infantry and setup, insta suppress/kill them?

It's a defensive unit. Should be fine if you use it to protect friendly territory, i thought that's something PE would like.
davidf78 Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 01:27:45 pm »

well you can't recrew it so there.
If anything, if I lost something as mobile as the SC on the front line, I'd think my front line was fairly fucked and the wreck would be fairly overrun. Meaning, the enemy would be more than likely to recrew it. I'd rather not have that happen, personally.
[/quote]
but it dessent happen. lets be realistic most people dont pick up enemy mg's.
davidf78 Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 01:31:12 pm »

Yet don't you think it might be a little too much when you can drive up one or two scoutcars right into infantry and setup, insta suppress/kill them?

It's a defensive unit. Should be fine if you use it to protect friendly territory, i thought that's something PE would like.
your going to tell me people only use the mg as a defensive unit?? c'mon  if you run into an MG all the player has to do is wait till your supressed then relocate the MG closer to you and finish off your squads. it has happenned to me.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 01:32:30 pm »

Baine doesn't use anything other than for defensive purposes!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc