Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:05:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Zero Support Weapon Blitz Build  (Read 7675 times)
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 04, 2010, 11:09:41 am »

Yeah, whermacht without support weapons... a scary idea.  But I figured it might at least be original even if it fails horribly.  

So, here's my build:

3x storms with only bundle nades (they are there to scout out enemy positions... maybe take out a key support weapon)
3-4x pios with mines

3x pIV's 1x Panther
2x Pumas

3 pairs of grens with shreks
1 storm with double shreks

About 8 volks to recrew captured weapons
1 mortar and 1 nebel... because they have xp I'll replace them when they die with a sniper maybe.

So, the modus operandi with this is to scout out an enemy position with my storms, kill an important support weapon if I must, then zoom in with the pumas and slaughter everything else.  Once the position is secured, lay a bunch of mines with pios and leave.  

Rinse and repeat.. while using panther/pIV's as mobile atg and mgs respectively.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:19:21 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 11:16:14 am »

A wehrmacht coy without support weapons isn't at all original, or scary for that matter.

Works fine, has been done numerous times by many players - one of the most notable ones is Puddin's Ostwind/Double Shrek Storm spam.

Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 11:19:35 am »

A wehrmacht coy without support weapons isn't at all original, or scary for that matter.

Tearing a brother down Myst... thanks a lot... Sad
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 11:23:09 am »

He's right though. Right now my Terror company has no support weapons. Not even one, except for a Sniper.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 12:03:46 pm »

Tearing a brother down Myst... thanks a lot... Sad

I'm not saying it's a bad thing you're going for a no-support weapons coy. It's actually pretty damn wonderful - fuck them campers Grin.

Anyway, looking at your coy - storms with bundles and grens with shreks are both underperforming, on the whole - you'll be better off just going for cloaked double-shrek storms. Buy 2 pairs of double shreks (In total 4 squads, each with double shreks).

A pair of panthers is great - yet it still is just a bit too little AT at the moment. The 4 double shreks should do you fine - though keep 1 panther just in case. With the rest of the fuel buy pumas, ostwinds and the like : anti-inf vehicles that don't require muni.

For what you have left - opt for either pios with flamethrowers, or something else that can take out HMG positions in houses. More assault force.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:06:21 pm by Mysthalin » Logged
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 12:06:35 pm »

I was being sarcastic Myst, you didn't hurt my feelings or anything lol  Tongue
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 01:05:02 pm »

Camping with support weapons is better imo, means you can eat dinner and play at the same time, its just less stressful and fun to watch stuff explode and die. Actually moving units is just too much effort tbh.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 01:09:07 pm »

You know what's really pro? Camping without support weapons!
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 01:11:21 pm »

That just sounds silly, the point of camping is not to do anything, if you dont do anything with regular infantry they get owned by SF. n00b.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 03:55:17 pm »

not having any PaKs in your wehr company is like relying on your teammate to have a bunch of them or marders/50mms

chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 04:12:49 pm »

Yep playing without mgs works, playing without mortars works too but having no paks will just kill u

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Nimitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 04:17:56 pm »

Yep playing without mgs works, playing without mortars works too but having no paks will just kill u

Works especially well when you use semi-atg doesn't it.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 04:31:20 pm »

Dude i watched the replay and yes the atg was buggin out. But im sure it happend because of attack move + units moving in and out of range. I never abused abused shit like that tbh. And btw i could understand the whining if someone did it repeatedly , but not after it happened once.
Nimitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 04:59:41 pm »

It happened twice in a row. Don't give me some bullshit excuse like "bugging-out".
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 05:00:17 pm »

Whatever. Btw next time put the battlefile in smartass.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 05:13:54 pm by chefarzt » Logged
#Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 05:43:42 pm »

Just played a game with a good teammate where we teamed up my pair of dual shreks with one of his ostwinds and totally rap3d allied tanks and infantry hordes that came at us, and his mortar got like 20 or 30 kills... it was insane. 

I got a vehicle k/d of 15/1
My ally got an infantry k/d of 150/50

So far, I'm rather impressed, although I do find that I am lacking on infantry/anti infantry in general due to the supply mechanics Sad
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 08:07:59 pm »

so which is easier to go no support with, ami's or wehr? I know brits are pretty easy, heck with brits u can play with no atg hmg or mortar and do well, and pe has no traditional support teams but has support units and you NEED them with PE, but Ami and wehr, i dunno. I know with the ami's you def need atgs or you're screw but dont necessarily need paks with wehr if you play it right.

I may make an ami no support build, no hmg, no mortar, no hmg and maybe no howie and lets see how many games i lose lol

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 08:37:56 pm »

so which is easier to go no support with, ami's or wehr? I know brits are pretty easy, heck with brits u can play with no atg hmg or mortar and do well, and pe has no traditional support teams but has support units and you NEED them with PE, but Ami and wehr, i dunno. I know with the ami's you def need atgs or you're screw but dont necessarily need paks with wehr if you play it right.

I may make an ami no support build, no hmg, no mortar, no hmg and maybe no howie and lets see how many games i lose lol

Your best bet is with infantry company going tank reaper route. Extra range sticky bomb riflemen will hold tanks at bay, and allow your tanks to kill infantry and entrenched positions more easily.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 01:21:54 am »

Your best bet is with infantry company going tank reaper route. Extra range sticky bomb riflemen will hold tanks at bay, and allow your tanks to kill infantry and entrenched positions more easily.

okay tanks and what about infantry or breaking through or heck if u have to defend a positon. All TR does is make zooks as effective as schrecks with an accuracy boost.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 01:26:43 am »

TR makes stickies not just do engine damage, but also kill, tymmie.

And you couldn't be more wrong on PE - it's probably the biggest pay-off faction if going without any support units : but requires advanced micro and tactical thinking.

Actually, you can play without any support weapons as any faction : brits can go for fireflies and brens as their AT and AI(plus a few riflenades for clearing buildings), US can go for M10s + riflemen with BARs/nades(or alternatively shermans/crocs + RR spam), whereas WM has already been discussed and I'll let you figure PE out on your own.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc