Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:18:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our New Allied players  (Read 10559 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: November 19, 2011, 11:37:51 pm »

Feel free to post here to signal your interest in learning from the experienced players. Who's new to EIRR and struggling a lot? Its easier for people to recognize you and arrange fair games if they know who you are.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 02:09:06 am »

Yeah don't worry guys smokaz will carry you to victory.  Cool

Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 04:11:58 am »

Yeah don't worry guys smokaz will carry you to victory.  Cool
mehhh
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:28:39 pm by Poppi » Logged
Von Stueben Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 01:31:56 am »

Howdy fellas
I am pretty new to the whole EiR thang and I am still adjusting to how to the play style of the game. In the few games that I have played I have been thoroughly raped, and the few times that the team I was on won was more of my team-mates dragging my corpse to victory, than because of my serious awesomeness. As such I would appreciate any help that would be offered.

I am still trying to figure out a good make up for my US Infantry company, as well as how to properly play them in game.

Much obliged
Von Stueben
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 01:51:58 am »

I propose this, fill out a form like this, and it will help us help you lots!

Launcher Name: RikiRude
Faction: US
Doctrine: Armored
Play style: Defensive with aggressive attacks
Which part of the doctrine would you like to go?: USK T4
What units do you want to use?: M10s/m8s
What hurts you most in games?: axis infantry

Something like this we can help you, because if you like using M10s and M8s, your best bet would be HVAP rather than USK. With USK you'd want T17s. If axis infantry are a pain, you'd want crocs maybe.

I'm sure smokaz will think of other things to add to help players as well.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Von Stueben Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 02:27:14 am »

Ahh makes a gawddang bucket load of sense there RikiRude, thanks.

Launcher Name: VonStueben
Doctrine: Infantry
Play Style: Defensive with cautious advance
Which part of the doctrine you would like to go?: As of the moment I am not really sure which T4 I am aiming for, as I don't really use shermans, so that pretty much scratches Overlord, Tank Reapers seems the most likely but I am not a fan of the mid T3, Allied Grit, and I like the looks of both the bottom and top T3s more so...

What units do you want to use?: Riflemen, Rangers- generally I run a quite balanced company
What hurts you most in games?: Spam companies, too much of one thing, as I am usually not well enough prepared for that type of company

thanks again
Von Stueben.
BigDick
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 03:01:10 am »

Launcher Name: BigBalls
Doctrine: Armor and Infantry
Play style: very Defensive and supporting with artillery - goal getting a whole vet3 army
Which part of the doctrine would you like to go?: maingun calliope on armor and moveable howi blob on infantry
What units do you want to use?: heavy tanks or calliopes on armor and moveable 105/mg blobs (bottom T4) on infantry
What hurts you most in games?: axis unkillable elite infantry and invincible tanks but mainly loosing all my vet units  Angry Angry Angry
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 04:59:15 am »

I propose this, fill out a form like this, and it will help us help you lots!

Launcher Name: RikiRude
Doctrine: Armored
Play style: Defensive with aggressive attacks
Which part of the doctrine would you like to go?: USK T4
What units do you want to use?: M10s/m8s
What hurts you most in games?: axis infantry

Something like this we can help you, because if you like using M10s and M8s, your best bet would be HVAP rather than USK. With USK you'd want T17s. If axis infantry are a pain, you'd want crocs maybe.

I'm sure smokaz will think of other things to add to help players as well.

:OOO

NO!

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 09:45:19 am »

Am I the only guy that pictures a young German dude wearing a 10 gallon texas cowboy hat......

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 10:49:01 am »

:OOO

NO!

Why dont you just contine with your thread?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 11:06:16 am »

Am I the only guy that pictures a young German dude wearing a 10 gallon texas cowboy hat......

I see just someone who likes Friendship is magic show.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 12:42:17 pm »

Launcher Name: VonStueben
Doctrine: Infantry
Play Style: Defensive with cautious advance
Which part of the doctrine you would like to go?: As of the moment I am not really sure which T4 I am aiming for, as I don't really use shermans, so that pretty much scratches Overlord, Tank Reapers seems the most likely but I am not a fan of the mid T3, Allied Grit, and I like the looks of both the bottom and top T3s more so...

What units do you want to use?: Riflemen, Rangers- generally I run a quite balanced company
What hurts you most in games?: Spam companies, too much of one thing, as I am usually not well enough prepared for that type of company

thanks again
Von Stueben.

Ok, I'm sure someone can do better than me, but I'll tell you what I do know. If a T4 doesn't suit you, dual T3s might! Top and bottom is great for BAR rifles.

Also you MIGHT want to consider first aid depending on how you use your rangers, if you use them for AI with thompsons (which thompsons are pretty expensive) first aid is awesome, but if you use them for light AT, it's bad because the guys get gibbed.

If you are using rangers unlocking the triage is a must!

I'm sure others will have advice to follow.
Von Stueben Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 04:53:14 pm »

Thanks for that Rikki, I will take it under my belt and try a few games out to see how it all goes.

I think the main problem that I am facing at the moment is just getting used to conserving my riflemen and making them work in pairs and whatnot to save on precious munitions. And the general fast paced gameplay, I think it will all just take a little time to get used to it all, and all that jack.

Von Stueben
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 05:18:15 pm »

Good to see you fight the good fight, still must advise you to try to avoyde stomps with your life.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 06:58:10 am »

Launcher Name: CommanderBurton
Doctrine: Armor

Play style:
I dont know how i could discribe it. I like to play with Tanks with support infantry. Espacially i like
to play with engineers with flamethrowers and/or to put some mines. When i like to toast infantry with a
sherman croc i call a croc, or i call a quad or i.. (crazy play style)

Which part of the doctrine would you like to go?:
I went for the upper T4 for the HVAP rounds/T4. But i think i switch over to the Mobile Warfare section.

What units do you want to use?:
Engineers, Assualt Engineers, Sherman/Crocodile, i like to play with several units. (combined arms?)
I don't like with only a few several units.

What hurts you most in games?:
- forgetting my units
- 88 flak positions with bunkers and trenches.
- failing (trys) for flanks
- cluesless while i'm ingame and just stay arround

9th Armoured Engineers
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 11:19:47 am »

If you really like crocs I'll tell you how I had some companies built around them and how they worked.

First off, mobile warfare is a T4 that personally I feel should be left to players with high vehicle micro. You must feel comfy having one to two vehicles on the field at all times to make the most of this T4. Also it adds pop to you, so you have to make sure you have the right pop to bring out your units. So if you have a starting call in with a croc, m10, atg, and mortar, make sure you bring out both tanks first so you are at 29 pop before you bring out the atg and mortar.

Effectively MW makes callis, sherman 10 pop, and m10, m18, croc 8 pop.

Calli this is great, it doesn't feel like such a pop sink at 12, and if you are good at using the calli this is a god send, if you can make good use of an early calli then do it.

sherman at 10 pop is fantastic, you can do great starts of two shermans and an atg, but personally im not very good with shermans so i never did it.

where this T4 really shines though is crocs, m10, and m18, effectively at 8 pop you can do some crazy starts if your team caps for you. croc and two m18s with .50 sounds great and can really catch your enemy by surprise. also with them being such a low pop sink there's really no reason to have LVs imo simply because you cant take advantage of the extra pop (i really wish this T4 made all LVs add +1 pop)

But you talk the croc yes? dual T3s may be what you want. first off i always get the bulldozer, that extra health you get really helps, and it allows the croc to make surprise entrances through hedges and such.

combine the bottom T3, with either of the other T3s and you have magic with the croc! first off its absolutely great that you get a free .50 on top of your crocs.

bottom/mid t3
this was my favorite personally. the bottom t3 allows you to repair and move at the same time, on top of making the croc gun rotate faster. the mid t3 makes your mg more effective, and you can fire it while repairing. this coupled with 25% faster and MORE repair makes the croc a tough customer to kill.

what i LOVE to do is get to half health start repairing and just use the croc as an amazing damage soak. the mg will do a decent job on infantry with support while it repairs, and if you keep another sherman or what have you behind of it, the croc will take all the damage, and that 25% faster/more repair will shine. ive had my ally take down a panther with a cromwell or low health m10 kill a p4 because the p4 was focused on the croc. and it can take quite a few hits and STILL get healed to full health. when it's repairing don't have it sit in the back, have it support your troops with that mg! you will be surprised how many kills a well managed croc like this can get. also the faster/greater repairing means if you back up your croc, and keep your front armor towards say a panther coming to kill you, more likely than not depending on when you started repairing, you'll be able to get support up to help out before the panther kills the croc.

bottom/top t3
now this is what people tell you to go for because it's obvious how effective a vehicle that can move, shoot and repair is. bring your croc in the middle of a fray and hit repair and keep killing stuff, but personally im a much bigger fan of the bottom/mid t3, the bottom/top i believe made me overconfident in my units ability to heal and shoot and often got them killed.

I once had a company full of crocs, and tbh, it absolutely is not needed. with double repairs you don't need more than 3-4 crocs, spend the rest of your fu on m10/m18s youll need that extra at help. with what was it... 7 crocs i would find myself at the end of the game with 2 crocs both with double repairs and usually no infantry to kill, and only tanks to deal with.

also a good combo is a quad and croc teamed up, remember croc kills on crits not damage, so if a quad is chipping away at the infantry (on top of suppressing them) it makes clean up with the croc easy peazy!

i hope this gives you some in sight on your company plans.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 11:22:53 am »

if i play armour, i sometimes notice, that i have to 80 percent vehicles/tanks only on the battlefield lol

m8 and sherman combo is very effective, with hvap and an upgunned one even more  Smiley

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 01:33:26 pm »

Another specifications:
I got the first doctrini specialization up to HVAP, the middle T1 and the lower line up to T2. The doctrinal unlocks are Forward intelligence
and Sherman Calliope. My resources advantages are 1x Manpower, 2x Ammo and 2x Fuel (I'm right saving PPs for the third fuel upgrade to get
another tank in my company).

The Calli is really awesome, after several battles it reached nearly VET3 but i didnt like to shot just one barage at cooldown and then park
it at a save post just waiting for the cooldown. The Urban Assualt Kit could be interesting, but this tech line is me a little unsuspect. At first
i wanted the HVAP for the M26 Pershing, but it costs a lot of ressources so that i'm not able to play variety of units.
Double T3 could be interesting too, also with Allied Warmachine i can just imagine how awful it is for the enemies. Espacally it buffs a lot of units
and its not focussed on just one unit. *SO MANY IDEAS!*
The Calli needs 24 support costs so that i'm not able to play with HMG or Mortar because i got no free points for this. (I got a sniper and 3x ATGs in my company)

My Sherman Croc have the MG Upgrade and in one game there were several enemies (Infantrie and a Puma) camping at my spawn. As they tried to
kill my retreating unit i called my Croc so that he toasted the lurking Volksgrenadiere. Also i like the Bulldozer to crush enemie position to destroy
green cover or crushing over infantry units. (I think about the speed/acceleration bonus of mobile warfare Grin)

My Company:
1x Greyhound with .50 cal/Mines/Tepiar + 1x ATG + 1x HMG + 1x Rifle Squad with Bar+Stickie + 1x Engineer with Flametrowher/Democharge/Mines

2x  Engineer with Flamethrower/Mines + Rifle Squad with BAR/Stickie
2x  Assualt Engineer + Riflesquad with Bazooka
1x  Jeep with Repair + Sniper

4x Rifle Squad for recrewing wapeons
2x Jeep + Minesweeper

2x Sherman with Upgun/Repiar
2x M10 Wolverine
1x Sherman Crocodile with Bulldozer/Repiar
1x M3 Halftrak/Quad with Repair
2x Jeep with Repair
2x ATG with Armor Piercing Rounds

LighthorseGER Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 11:16:07 am »

Hey guys,

some of you might know me form a couple of games.

I'm quite new to the mod but I rate it to be one the best mods for CoH in history. Let this to be said first.

Most of the time I play brits with royal artillery. I think I'm doing not that bad with them.

But my problem is to handle tanks and light vehicles. My company is mostly based on infantry but I want to improve my skills with tanks and light vehicles.

So far I used light vehicles with shrapnels [Staghounds], and Bren Carrier to support my tommies+lieutenants while charging or to hunt mortas and paks in open from flanks. This works mostly quite well but there are certainly some better uses for them. Some hints would be nice. Also defensive hints, because I'm more a defensive player.

Secondly I want to get some intel how to use cromwells fine. There are obviously good for flanking movements [with advanced speed] but for my opinion they are not that effective against most units...

Give me intel guys :-)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 11:19:33 am »

Light vehicles are actually a problem for brits in the beginning when you only have 25 pop, it gets easier when you have more pop. Piats and mines are good bets.

Stuart/Tetrarch is also great vs light vehicle, much more efficient than fireflies and cromwells. (imo)

With medium tanks, remembering to stop before shooting is super important.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc