Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:22:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM][BLITZ] help  (Read 10953 times)
vegetable Offline
EIR Regular

« on: January 09, 2012, 05:01:43 am »

Hello i recently started (have 14 games or so), could you take a look at my company and if im doing something wrong.
Startup:
Knights cross (i managed to keep them alive from my 3rd game or so so it has vet 2 now)
1 pak
1 mg42
Sniper
Half-track (mg & KCH in it)
-----------------------------
3 x ( storm + storm )with 2 x mp44 med-kit & assault nades
3 x (pack + gren)
3 x (mg24 + gren)

this top part is my core, for rest i mostly use volks(no upgrades) + few pios + flamer-half-track or 2
For tanks i have tried every combination but i fail with every tank (dont have tiger jet), cant seem to get them pay off, only had 1-2 good games with panthers actually killing something. I have a feeling that every tank out there is better then wer tanks (but that is prob because im noob)

I try to pak creep while scouting with my storms and sniper, ambushing mg`s pak`s or other units with storms. And mg`s to suppress inf.

Any comments on my build, i'm loosing every game so perhaps this is not good at all.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:17:11 am by vegetable » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 05:32:07 am »

StuGs and Volks coupled with few MGs. That's all what a grown man needs Cheesy

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
vegetable Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 05:35:52 am »

StuGs and Volks coupled with few MGs. That's all what a grown man needs Cheesy
Will StuGs and volks be enough for AT ?
BigDick
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 05:38:15 am »

Hello i recently started (have 14 games or so), could you take a look at my company and if im doing something wrong.
Startup:
Knights cross (i managed to keep them alive from my 3rd game or so so it has vet 2 now)
1 pak
1 mg42
Sniper
Half-track (mg & KCH in it)

only one source of anti tank = very bad

change to e.g. pak, gren with shreck, sniper, mp44 storms to protect your sniper, mg or the halftrack
the kch suck for its price but since they are already vet2 put them somewhere else

-----------------------------
3 x ( storm + storm )with 2 x mp44 med-kit & assault nades
3 x (pack + gren)
3 x (mg24 + gren)

don't use storms with mp44 and assault nades
1. assault nades suck when not being spamed
2. squads start using assault nades are already dead so its not smart to wasted expensive upgrades

either use assault nades on storms without upgrade (beside medkit) or use mp44s on storms without assault nades

this top part is my core, for rest i mostly use volks(no upgrades) + few pios + flamer-half-track or 2
For tanks i have tried every combination but i fail with every tank (dont have tiger jet), cant seem to get them pay off, only had 1-2 good games with panthers actually killing something. I have a feeling that every tank out there is better then wer tanks (but that is prob because im noob)

don't use flamer halftracks they usually suck
even when you say you kind of fail with tanks - use some
but don't use panthers or stugs best would be trying to keep always a panzer4 on the field behind your pak
but don't get the top gunner on it - its waste of munitions except you have some doctrinal buffs for topgunner

I try to pak creep while scouting with my storms and sniper, ambushing mg`s pak`s or other units with storms. And mg`s to suppress inf.

Any comments on my build, i'm loosing every game so perhaps this is not good at all.

get at least a second sniper, remove 1 or 2 mgs (2-3 mgs in total should be enough), remove some flamer pios

don't use volks for anything else then recrewing stuff - cos they suck
if you want to fight with them replace them with grens that have medkits
but still keep some recrewing volks in company
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 05:39:36 am »

P4s are a good all-round bet, I wouldn't recommend stugs since they are a micro nightmare. In regards to tanks, it's mostly about practice, once you get to micro them better you will be keeping them alive and racking up kills much more successfully. Just remember to always keep them supported, even with a panzer IV you would ideally have a panzerschreck around. Try to fight on your maximum range, and steer clear of ATGs.

If you use stormtroopers, it's a good idea to focus taking out the ATGs, so that your panzer IV (or tiger later on when you get one) can roam freely. There's not much else axis tanks have to fear when the ATGs are out of the window.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:46:13 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 05:45:17 am »

I would have both stugs and p4s. Perhaps 2 stugs and the rest in p4s. If you wanna use those tanks.

I would ditch the sniper. Just managing your MGs effectively is hard enough, multitasking with a sniper is for more advanced players, because if he dies or fails to deal damage he is expensive and taking up a lot of population while on the field.

The german WW2 doctrine of offensive MG use transfers well to EIRR, bring these bad boys with every assault. The common wehr player puts them in buildings (like aloha, really bad wehr guy who just runs into buildings with all his grens and mgs) but they should be supporting the assault making it impossible for allied infantry to withdraw from your push.

You write that you fail with tanks, then you can't really go wrong with panthers. Its basically just sit at range and shoot when you can with them, or flank when the chance to kill something important arises.

A good newbie build would be 2 panthers + flammenwerfers for the rest of the fuel with just a mix of whatever infantry you want.

Its also highly advisable for new players to start with a bike so they can see what the enemy is starting with, this helps build a sense for the game and what works vs what.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:54:02 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 06:12:01 am »

take middle t4. Have 7-8 stugs(depending on your fuel) ,around 2-3paks(just to be safe,cuz you cant counter everything with stugs),1-2 mg's,fill the rest with grens/volks with assult nades...profit  Grin

works as a charm in most cases,and makes your opponents rage and whine in quite a bit of cases too,lol
vegetable Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 06:12:52 am »

Thank you all for your advice:

Remove some -pak`s- and -mg`s-
Add 1 more -sniper- (i know its a lot of micro, but i was playing vCoH with snipers, usually if all goes well i can get some 10-15 kills with my first sniper)
Add Few -grens with shreks-
Remove -flamer ht-
Add mp44 and shreks to my -storm`s- (removing nades) and mix them with -grens- and/or volks.
Support my pak`s and assaults with P-IV
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 06:27:19 am »

Keep a halftrack with your sniper, it will greatly increase his life expectancy.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 06:32:54 am »

10-15 kills is not good enough, you need 30

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
vegetable Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 06:35:05 am »

Keep a halftrack with your sniper, it will greatly increase his life expectancy.
Thank you that`s really good advice.
BigDick
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 06:45:42 am »

Thank you all for your advice:

Remove some -pak`s- and -mg`s-

keep at least 2 paks better 3 if using panthers (but panthers are shit especially for new players i would suggest using p4s with some AT because panther takes much resources and pop and fails vs infantry) and 3-4 paks if using p4s

Add mp44 and shreks to my -storm`s- (removing nades) and mix them with -grens- and/or volks.

u mean mp44 and shrek on same squad? thats a horrible idea
and don't mix anti tank with some other stuff because if you want antitank you really want antitank and no useless stuff mixed to it that increase callin pop

10-15 kills is not good enough, you need 30

depends, if its just vanilla rifles i agree since thats only 2-3 squads but if he sniped rangers, airbornes, mgs, rifles with bar it gained more than the sniper cost

and sometimes its more crucial to take out at guns and to advance with tanks than the kills the sniper gets
or using it as bait to get infantry into your mg fire/tank fire/storm ambush
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:51:57 am by BigDick » Logged
vegetable Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 06:57:38 am »

and sometimes its more crucial to take out at guns and to advance with tanks than the kills the sniper gets
or using it as bait to get infantry into your mg fire/tank fire/storm ambush

Yes, I usually don't use my sniper on regular units, mostly on support and pak`s.
Always keep my sniper in mg42 and pak sight and have a mine or two in its retreat path.
I will add half-track to the mix to get max out of my sniper.

u mean mp44 and shrek on same squad? thats a horrible idea
No no, i wouldn't put them in same squad.
(storm mp44 + gren) (storm shrek + gren)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 11:53:39 am »

Most important advice that I've gathered from here.

Don't use sniper. In EIRR many players have special counters just for snipers, like 3x jeeps, and being a new player it's quite hard to handle a sniper, when I was new I kept finding that using upgraded grens or a mortar was always much more successful than a sniper simply because my micro was so bad with it.

Opening callin you NEED to have two forms of at. Pak + tank/shreck/two volks both with fausts or something along those lines.

Flamer HTs are for chumps, even with bonus damage on them they still suck. You need to spam them in threes for them to be at all useful, and at this point you probably have other things to learn before you want to start trying to spam units  Tongue

Dont listen to ANYONE who says to use stugs, they are very micro intensive, i remember going the volks/stug road before and being incredibly disappointed, its not for new players in the slightest.

If you learn how to use panthers properly, it will help you out tenfold. i have a 3x panther blitz company and its my favorite wm company, it it great, the extra range the panther has compared to other tanks is great.

Also, the most important thing, what are you doing with your company? What are your plans with it? What T4s and unlocks are you looking to getting? What is your play style (if you feel that you have one yet) aggressive? defensive? Let us know this and it could help us further in aiding you.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 12:03:17 pm »

panthers are harder to use than stugs tbh. Cuz you need to kill much more with it,and it dies quite easily.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 12:28:34 pm »

panthers are harder to use than stugs tbh. Cuz you need to kill much more with it,and it dies quite easily.

oh boy

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 01:28:21 pm »

A Panther will die just as quick to AP round ATG's as a P4 will.

However, the British don't get AP Rounds and some American players don't take AP rounds.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 01:58:13 pm »

well,stug bounces quite good too. Better than p4.
VanOwen Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 02:22:55 pm »

Perhaps I am steering too close to the point of the thread but.. the advice given in the beginning of the replies seems the most apt.  You do need or at least are highly encouraged to have a well balanced force that can handle infantry and tanks.

Its quite easy when you are starting out to get suckered into over doing it with either AI or AT but, its something you have to continually remind yourself of.

I think the talk of StuG vs. Panther vs. PaK is down to your personal taste and style of play.  If you like having the enemy roll into your kill zone, Paks might be a good option.  If you want to be more fluid and mobile.. look to StuGs or Panthers.  If you want a good general purpose unit, try the Panzer Mk IV.

Despite this you will probably not figure out the 'right' balance for a while.  This is mostly due as there is no real silver bullet here.  You can hopefully have the right stuff to deal with the enemy smartly and efficiently but, sometimes you will get beat up no matter what.  So ... try to be prepared for the basics.. and then just bring the units you think are the most fun to play.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 02:47:11 pm »

you that could be true, taking p4 is probably better than panther, but i swear once people learn panther it serves you so much better, but yeah, beginner should learn P4 first.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc