Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:35:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ventrillo - Team Speak  (Read 10304 times)
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 02:05:26 pm »

I know there's a don't ask don't tell policy on the two mods, and I don't mean to cause any drama. I just want to point out that OMG did switch to teamspeak and it worked out very well for the community. EIR operates the same way in terms of chatrooms and stuff, so it might be a good idea to maybe talk with some guys over there. It might provide some more feedback on how they like teamspeak, and maybe costs too. If not then ok I'm just honestly trying to help.

Also regarding donations: donators receive reward points? Maybe that'll increase incentive. Hey, maybe that should be the ONLY way that people get any reward points until the warmap is up and such.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
HairyPothead Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 02:28:44 pm »

I took Ampm's post to imply TS is harder.....
You could try GSC
http://getgsc.com/

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:31:55 pm by HairyPothead » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 02:33:39 pm »

You could try GSC
http://getgsc.com/

I got a GSC server loaded i used to use it for ETW.join:8.6.2.142:8149

Its like TS but its completeley free so. i  made a demo server anyone is welcome to download and join it to test it with me.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 02:57:27 pm »

I miss Teamspeak

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
SixFingeredMan Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 03:15:30 pm »

I used mumble as an admin... its not that hard imo. Idk I've been operating with GUI's since DOS so i could be a bad source for ease of use.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:20:24 pm by SixFingeredMan » Logged
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 03:39:07 pm »

I used a Ts server for quite a while for rift a little while back, and i never had any issues with it, Yes the UI is a little more complicated then vent, the system itself is alot more intricate then vent. It is alot cheaper then vent to keep running, the sound quality is of equal or better then ventrilo. It also has many extra features like being able to connect to multiple servers at once and switching between the 2. It had Add space for whatever your server is, the admin rights are ALOT more extensive and you can do far more restrictions and so on.

Teamspeak>Ventrilo Hands down

teamspeak is a much better investment for your money, i do belive some servers are free as well

Vent is like a childs VOIP, very simple easy to use, thats why people like it i guess. But it also carries big costs and alot of problems.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:41:58 pm by 8thRifleRegiment » Logged

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 03:40:45 pm »

I've heard that a big advantage of TS is that you can talk between channels, although I don't think such a feature is useful for us.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
PartyJaeger Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 05:46:28 pm »

does this need even discussion lol? i am baffled by BS from vent advocates. Even if 1 only thing important for these SWs is leaps better on TS - audio quality.

vent is rusty POS - end of story. it may have been on par with TS 1.0 maybe.

configuration possibilities and following seamless, no-further-action-needed operation for rest of your computers life cannot be compared to vent shit. vent simply does not make sense neither in UI nor functions department

i understand it was prob developed by ultra geek thus loved by similar individuals with no taste for quality software (balanced form and function)

keep vent on, at least i have reason to not join and listen to your various forms of rage and shit-talking lol
PartyJaeger Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 05:53:29 pm »

I only add I can comment on users and usage POV, did not administer TS personally

Friend runs TS at home and only thing I remember hes stressed on is configuration against script kiddies, but  i can imagine this is tru for all platforms...
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 05:53:58 pm »

Vent is like a childs VOIP, very simple easy to use, thats why people like it i guess. But it also carries big costs and alot of problems.

The cost difference is 2.55 USD per month. I would not consider that to be a big cost difference......

Unless of course, we can get TS free. We would have to eliminate our donations system all together to get that though. That poses a problem in regards to keeping the server up.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 05:54:44 pm »

One of the requirements of using a not for profit Team Speak: From their official FAQ forum.

We use paypal for donations to keep the server up and running. This may pose a problem.

Tank i used to be part of a huge pay to play Donation run and then subscription based battlefield 2 tournament.  

We used teamspeak, they still do.  Most people who use TS are non profits, same as them, EIR is a non profit.  So there is no issue.  teamspeak puts that out there so if some corporation uses their program for massive financial gains, they have a means to fuck them, a small nonindependent mod team trying to keep a community together, is not high on the priority list.

Ventrllo advantage : Adjusting individual members volume to best suite someones wants.  Lower or higher.  

Teamspeak only allows a general volume control, not for each individual user.  

Advantage Teamsppeak, Its free.  

Hell if you liek, let computer host it, hes only affilited with EIRR for now and not a dev member, EIRR can use his server.  IF you like it we use it, if not you have found out if its worth it.  

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
PartyJaeger Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 07:35:32 pm »

what advantage? you can configure everything individual for  particural TS user by simply rightclicking on him, including volume.

then chats, auto afk, etc
PartyJaeger Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 07:37:53 pm »

on other note, why are you ppl so lazy not simply go to some default TS server to check feats?
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 09:35:24 pm »

Teamspeak only allows a general volume control, not for each individual user. 

incorrect statement, if you rightclick on a user and press volume control, you can make them louder
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 11:01:34 pm »

If I was computer, I wouldn't host it because clearly tank doesn't give two shits about what he has to say.

Just sayin'
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 11:12:08 pm »

If I was computer, I wouldn't host it because clearly tank doesn't give two shits about what he has to say.

Just sayin'
Kiss

WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 11:44:50 pm »

Teamspeak.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012, 11:52:57 pm »

We need the free cost, and many of them
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2012, 12:22:32 am »

I have purchased a new Ventrillo account. I am setting it up now and should be ready for tomorrow.

Team Speak has some awesome abilities, but clearly overkill for what we need. It also has a steeper learning curve.

Having computer991 or anyone is in the community (including me) host the server does not make any sense. If they shut off their computer, the system gets shut down. This is obviously to unpredictable for a game site.

If you want a stable server, you need to rent one regardless if you use TS or ventrilo. TS is only free if you are hosting it on your own personal computer.
Even if you purchase a server box, the community is at the mercy of the individual with the server box at their personal residence. That would just be plain silly tbfh.

Thanks everyone for your input and information.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc