Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:55:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evangelics in Sweden FTW!  (Read 42126 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2012, 07:50:09 pm »

Sorry buddy, religion expects you too choose a side or you go to "hell". There is no inbetween, you either in or oit. Which is a scare tactic religions use on weakly minded human beings

Many don't have a concept of hell...

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 08:06:39 pm »

That does sound very close minded... who the hell did you talk to to get that stereotype into your head?

Hes one of those "hipsters" who thinks he's being a rebel by bashing something that he doesn't have any idea about.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2012, 08:25:01 pm »

Religion is about being content because you've found an inner peace and have chosen to believe in something. You cannot force it upon other people, but you can help guide people who are interested in what you believe in. Some people just take it too far. Religion is a personal choice.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2012, 09:52:04 pm »

I'm still curious how those Hindu's and Buddhists are forcing their values on me and telling me I will go to Hell if I don't believe.

Or all those Native American religions....or I dunno, any religion that is not descended from Abraham.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2012, 10:20:54 pm »

I'm still curious how those Hindu's and Buddhists are forcing their values on me and telling me I will go to Hell if I don't believe.

Its the threat of not finding enlightenment!
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2012, 10:54:38 pm »

There is sectarian violence in some southeast Asian countries involving Hinduism/Buddhism/Islam and the conflicts that arise between those populations. We don't hear about it very often because the local sectarian violence there tends to stay local. Same goes for Africa which we only hear about because celebrities like to talk about it.

As for not mentioning those religions in religious arguments, look at where you live. How many Hindus or Buddhists do you know in comparison to how many Christians you know? When talking about 'religion' people will usually mean the religions they come into contact with, or they feel impact their lives on a consistent basis. In western countries, those religions would be Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.   

Also, since this thread is about evangelical Christians torturing a little girl, the religious arguments will naturally be centered around the faiths of Abraham.

It's sad that you needed this explained to you...
Zamochit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:07 pm »

By the way if you did your research you would know that in Christianity there is a middle ground, Limbo.

Limbo is only believed by the Cathlics, Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses kinda

I love the JW argument

"knock knock"
"hey jdubs"
"would u like to join us?"
"do I get to go to heaven?"
"if you're not one of the 144,000 no"
"are you one of them?"
"no"
"then why are you doing this?"
"..."
"are you avoiding hell?"
"no, if you aren't one of the 144,000 then you just die, there is no hell, that's only for satan and his angels"
"so, what is the point?"
"i, i dont know. to educate you that your life is meaningless and that no matter what you do, there is no reward or penalty for your actions after death, so have fun! We have fun by telling you this!"
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2012, 11:52:26 pm »

There is sectarian violence in some southeast Asian countries involving Hinduism/Buddhism/Islam and the conflicts that arise between those populations. We don't hear about it very often because the local sectarian violence there tends to stay local. Same goes for Africa which we only hear about because celebrities like to talk about it.

As for not mentioning those religions in religious arguments, look at where you live. How many Hindus or Buddhists do you know in comparison to how many Christians you know? When talking about 'religion' people will usually mean the religions they come into contact with, or they feel impact their lives on a consistent basis. In western countries, those religions would be Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.    

Also, since this thread is about evangelical Christians torturing a little girl, the religious arguments will naturally be centered around the faiths of Abraham.

It's sad that you needed this explained to you...

Again, that is not the religions fault, or even sanctioned by it.

People kill people for shoes. What makes you think they won't do it and use anything else as a reason?

My favorite arguement is when people point at religious violence. Never mind that things like slavery, most wars, and pretty much everything bad in this world stems solely from humanity. Did the Bible make you kill someone? No, you chose to do it. Did the God/Buddha/Flying Spaghetti Monster/Satan tell Hitler to kill Jews? Nope, did that all on his own.

If you want to blame something for the worlds ills, at least do it in an educated manner and realize that none of these people were forced to make any of the choices they did. People are people, and terrible people are terrible people. The Chinese regularly kill baby girls, not because of their religion, but because of their social values. Fuck, if religion needs to go obviously we should kill all Chinese people too right? Shit, remember what Germany got up to in the 40's? We should get rid of them too just in case!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:57:14 pm by AmPM » Logged
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 12:37:24 am »

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

sigged

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 12:39:20 am »

http://www.metro.se/goteborg/pastor-atalas-for-exorcism-pa-14-arig-flicka/EVHlbC!Z0T05BBsk7DtU/

Google translate (with a few fixes, srsly machine translations sucks ass)

Pastor accused of exorcism on the 14-year-old girl.
A 47-year-old pastor drove out spirits from the 14-year-old girl in Malmö. He forced her to drink oil, and stuck a nail in her stomach. Now he is prosecuted in Borås together with the girls parents.

The parents of the 14-year-old girl took her from Boras to the pastor in Malmö. In a local church, the 47-year-old pastor, inter alia, have stuck a nail in the girl's stomach.

In addition, forced the girl into a week in 2010, when she was only twelve years, with the implied threat to endure exorcism in the parish hall. In the meantime, she will not have had adequate sleep or food.

Expulsion should have lasted a week and consisted in part of the girl was being pushed around between people who stood in a circle. At the same time they have asked aggressive prayers until the girl fell to the floor.

The rituals also included that they rubbed the girl with oil, and forced her to drink it.

The authorities realized that something was wrong when the girl did not come to school for weeks.

She also investigated the BUP (psychiatry for youths) and smote a psychologist warned that she did not come to the meetings. Slowly, a different reality reveal itself. His father and step-mother thought the girl was a witch and possessed by evil spirits.

At one point, it was not Malmö pastor involved, she should have been bound and burned with a red-hot knife on the arm.

Assembly in Malmö is described as a sectarian evangelist church.

The trial starts March 5.
Sounds like what i heard of texas tbh
But then again real Texans wouldve finished er off with a silver bullet
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:41:05 am by chefarzt » Logged

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 02:46:57 am »

Quote from: Tymathee on Yesterday at 10:10:58 pm

sigged

LAWL!!!!!!!

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 03:55:34 am »

Also, Atheists are as close minded as the worst religious fanatic.

No, Atheists are just smart enough to have real moral values and common sense come before superstition and ignorance.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 04:42:34 am »

Y'all niggahs be forgetting that you can be atheist due to a complete LACK of beliefs and faith. Strip away a man's belief and faith and the default state is atheism.

"The man who is unacquainted with theism is an atheist because he does not believe in a god. This category would also include the child with the conceptual capacity to grasp the issues involved, but who is still unaware of those issues. The fact that this child does not believe in god qualifies him as an atheist."

Also check out Richard Dawkins "Spectrum of theistic probability".

1    Strong theist. 100 per cent probability of God. In the words of C.G. Jung: "I do not believe, I know."
2    De facto theist. Very high probability but short of 100 per cent. "I don't know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there."
3    Leaning towards theism. Higher than 50 per cent but not very high. "I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God."
4    Completely impartial. Exactly 50 per cent. "God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable."
5    Leaning towards atheism. Lower than 50 per cent but not very low. "I do not know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be skeptical."
6    De facto atheist. Very low probability, but short of zero. "I don't know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there."
7    Strong atheist. "I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung knows there is one."

Some of you seem to be assuming that all atheists are a 7 on this scale while in reality there's extremely few like this (if there's even any at all).
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2012, 04:49:03 am »

Some people are agnostic too, they believe in something, they just don't know what or how to explain it

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2012, 05:33:50 am »

Some people are agnostic too, they believe in something, they just don't know what or how to explain it

And as with atheism, there are several types of agnosticism.

Someone that considers it impossible to determine if there is a god (or gods) and has no real stance on it would be an agnostic.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2012, 05:40:18 am »

Y'all niggahs be forgetting that you can be atheist due to a complete LACK of beliefs and faith. Strip away a man's belief and faith and the default state is atheism.

"The man who is unacquainted with theism is an atheist because he does not believe in a god. This category would also include the child with the conceptual capacity to grasp the issues involved, but who is still unaware of those issues. The fact that this child does not believe in god qualifies him as an atheist."

Also check out Richard Dawkins "Spectrum of theistic probability".

1    Strong theist. 100 per cent probability of God. In the words of C.G. Jung: "I do not believe, I know."
2    De facto theist. Very high probability but short of 100 per cent. "I don't know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there."
3    Leaning towards theism. Higher than 50 per cent but not very high. "I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God."
4    Completely impartial. Exactly 50 per cent. "God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable."
5    Leaning towards atheism. Lower than 50 per cent but not very low. "I do not know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be skeptical."
6    De facto atheist. Very low probability, but short of zero. "I don't know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there."
7    Strong atheist. "I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung knows there is one."

Some of you seem to be assuming that all atheists are a 7 on this scale while in reality there's extremely few like this (if there's even any at all).

Haha, btw you read his book? the illusion of god? it actually rather fun, even thou its so strongly colored by his atheistic opinion ^^
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2012, 06:41:49 am »

Again, that is not the religions fault, or even sanctioned by it.

People kill people for shoes. What makes you think they won't do it and use anything else as a reason?
I'm sure all those crusades had nothing to do with religion whatsoever...

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2012, 07:11:41 am »

Haha, btw you read his book? the illusion of god? it actually rather fun, even thou its so strongly colored by his atheistic opinion ^^

Nope, never read it. Don't really feel like I need even more reasons not to be a Christian. And because of my cultural heritage and where I currently live there's no reason what so ever to join any other religion.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2012, 07:40:05 am »

No, Atheists are just smart enough to have real moral values and common sense come before superstition and ignorance.

Not true, their moral values are as varied as those of religious people as is their capability for common sense.

Those had more to do with getting an influx of wealth and access to trade lanes in order for the Church and Nobility of Europe to pull themselves out of an economic dead end, and it worked.
Zamochit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2012, 08:35:23 am »

no it didn't, it had more to do with land, wealth and power. they just used religion as a juxtaposition.

just like some arabs are using islam as an excuse to blow stuff up
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc