Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:51:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese language support?  (Read 16808 times)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 09:50:29 am »

It is important that the community not be divided between races, we are a non-racist community.
So that's why u let Tym play...I always wondered why is he allowed here.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 01:38:29 pm »

So that's why u let Tym play...I always wondered why is he allowed here.

ugh had the same thoughts about u somehow

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Adiya Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 02:35:39 pm »

how about Chinese learn english like rest of us?
can't depending on this. most of them can't learn it well, but some of them will try their best to be communicative with their very limited english skills.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 02:36:45 pm »

i like u
Adiya Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 02:39:32 pm »

If I had the brains/motivation to learn a new language, I would definitely consider chinese.

My list of languages I would like to learn

1. Chinese
10024.  German
already done that Cheesy
chinese - native
english - first foreign language
german - second
Adiya Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2012, 02:46:03 pm »

This isn't a community split. I'm sure if they come here as a group they have their own forums anyway. It's not like OMG/EIR where the (then) current community members split up. It's just the influx of new players.

I'm just wondering what the difficulty would be in changing the updater to not revert the Chinese localization files?
for anyone interested, here is our forum
http://www.stgameforum.com
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2012, 02:48:01 pm »

Pretty sure google translator will give me lots of fun.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Adiya Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2012, 03:30:25 pm »

Creating launcher codes or whatever to intentionally create separate communities will be counter productive. If we start doing that, we would have to do it for every known language on the planet. I am sure no one here thinks their race is superior to another....... Well, you might, but that bullshit stays out of this forum.

This mod was created in English and that is the only reason it is that way. The mod is English, the sky is blue.
1. adding language plug-ins wouldn't take much effort. You know all other major mods have already done that, and the localization is always community driven, and there will be volunteers like @saukopf to help accomplish this, and make a mod more globalized. it's nothing like making separate launchers to separate players speaking different languages. It's all the same launcher, all function the same, ppl are joining the same game lobby and playing the same game.

2. it's not about only chinese. as i mentioned, all major mods support multilingual. It creates solid player base, make more COH players all over the world to enjoy the mods, and enjoy playing with each other.

3. never underestimate enthusiastic fans, they could get the job done very professionally, if you open the port (multilingo plugin support), give them the chance (recruit them as volunteer translator). take @saukopf for example, he is the chinese translator (mandarin or/and traditional chinese) doing official localization for almost all major mods. he's a perfectionist, and has all jobs perfectly done.

4. everyone knows EIR has a big learning curve at the beginning, even you are a native english speaker, you still need some time to learn how to register CP, how to manage your company in the launcher, and most importantly, how different the game mechanic is comparing to vanilla COH and all other traditional MP mods. the interface with a player's native language will definitely make this much easier for non-english speaking players or players with little english skill.

5. ingame communication is not something too serious to worry about. most players comes from vanilla COH and have already played hundreds of games on relic MP server, they have survived and won't do any worse in EIR. players like this will try their ass off to be as much communicative as possible with their very limited english skill. at least they've learn something very basic in order to play coop. In the worst case, for ppl who don't speak english at all, they will goup their mates together as your opponent, except for some basic greetings, you don't have to discuss tactics with them, do you? just don't laugh at their poor english, they will respect you as much as you respect them.

6. asking for multilingual support is just one simple wish. dev team can take as much time as needed to finish that. anyone discuss this matter in this thread is more than capable playing EIR in english, they are also very communicative in english, have absolutely no problem with a english-only client. it's just we care our fellow friends who eager to play EIR, but have difficulty on getting involved due to the limitation of their language skills.

7. for the long run, except EIR team wants to keep the community small, enabling multilingual (meaning on the client side, launcher interface) is a logical and necessary move for EIR's future development.

that's only my personal opinion
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:38:45 pm by Adiya » Logged
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2012, 03:39:36 pm »

wow thx for ur input.  Cool
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2012, 03:57:27 pm »

All the localization is handled in it's own file and called on right? If that's the case, isn't it as simple as not enforcing the english one and letting people use their own?

Unless it's a lot of work, I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented. It's really just that the text in the launcher and in-game  is in your native language. Much like how some run German CoH have German, it won't affect anyone but themselves.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2012, 04:34:32 pm »

5. ingame communication is not something too serious to worry about. most players comes from vanilla COH and have already played hundreds of games on relic MP server, they have survived and won't do any worse in EIR. players like this will try their ass off to be as much communicative as possible with their very limited english skill. at least they've learn something very basic in order to play coop. In the worst case, for ppl who don't speak english at all, they will goup their mates together as your opponent, except for some basic greetings, you don't have to discuss tactics with them, do you? just don't laugh at their poor english, they will respect you as much as you respect them.

Oh god I got so excited reading this. actual good new players.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2012, 07:02:49 pm »

Sorry guys, I talked it over with the big man and we cant set aside the time to translate and support Chinese in the launcher. Especially considering that the guy who has to do it doesnt know a lick of Chinese, its kinda out of the question at this point.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Your best bet now is to try and work with the Chinese translated tutorials here, its the best we can offer at the moment:
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?board=73.0

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2012, 09:06:46 pm »

If any of you have problems with the game I'll be happy to help you in chinese if you find me in the vent server

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 12:07:05 am »

All the localization is handled in it's own file and called on right? If that's the case, isn't it as simple as not enforcing the english one and letting people use their own?

Unless it's a lot of work, I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented. It's really just that the text in the launcher and in-game  is in your native language. Much like how some run German CoH have German, it won't affect anyone but themselves.

I think because the what words in the launcher are actually images, not just text, that it wouldn't make a difference anyway.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2012, 03:46:59 am »

Nope.

Its not.

And Im using bitmap fonts, not that thats a large issue in and of itself.  Finding a font in the various sizes I need that ARENT bitmap fonts, and me not missing anything because I dont understand the language (AND every other language you want to 'just add') - its not going to happen.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Adiya Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2012, 05:57:44 am »

Nope.

Its not.

And Im using bitmap fonts, not that thats a large issue in and of itself.  Finding a font in the various sizes I need that ARENT bitmap fonts, and me not missing anything because I dont understand the language (AND every other language you want to 'just add') - its not going to happen.
hmm, using bitmap fonts make it very tricky.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 03:18:47 am »

Well, I suppose that's case closed then. Didn't know it was implemented in this way.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc