Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:22:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CoH2 mirror match discussion.  (Read 10229 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 10:45:19 pm »

Tbh you guys forgott The dawn if war series I, now there you could go al out mirror battles and have shit tonnes of fun.

mirror matches were built right into the warhammer lore though.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:46:53 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 01:25:46 am »

Port the mirror matches to EIR2 too! Never ever wait for a game again because everyone can play axis lulz

that would be horrible

although i think you may get a lot more rusky players cuz they have some superior stuff to the Germans.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2012, 07:21:11 am »

In DoW, it's right built into the Lore that betrayal and infighting can happen, it's really common in that lore for all factions. (Well, most of them, Don't think tau ever would *shrugs*)

In Starcraft, the main campaigns all have you fight your own faction at one point afaik, at the very least with TvT and ZvZ, there are story justifications for all of it.

Comparing these on the merit of mirror alone does not work for me, since there is NO plausible explanation for there to be Germans vs germans or russians vs russians given the setting.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 07:35:27 am »

(Well, most of them, Don't think tau ever would *shrugs*)

Chaos taint/Civil War.

Done.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2012, 08:14:36 am »

Chaos taint/Civil War.

Done.
Aren't tau virtually unaffected by the warp?

Nevertheless, yup, civilwar, why not.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2012, 08:58:22 am »

How would you have a warmap with mirror matches  Tongue

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 09:14:50 am »

Mirror matches aren't gonna happen in EIR, even if they make it into coh 2. I don't like it personally, but I can see the added value from a competitive perspective for vCOH 2.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2012, 09:56:55 am »

After seeing the arguments I can see why mirror matches has their merits, with all the different commanders that are supposed to be available I can see how different a WM vs WM could be. But personally, I feel like I would stay away from those games.

I also like the idea that if mirror matches get put in then we could see an easier inclusion of US, Japan, CW, and maybe italian.

As long as they don't try to make up silly stories for mirror fights in the single player campaign.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2012, 02:14:05 pm »

Mirror fights would only be plausible in hypothetical situations. AFAIK, there were no known cases of any sections of any army during WWII up and turning arms on their flag.

However, if hypothetically speaking a Russian Penal battalion had enough, or a German infantry battalion was sick of suicidal advances into Russian lines...

But no. There'd be no historical backdrop for it. Only "What if's".

Then again, seeing a pair of Tigers square off could be fun...

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2012, 03:07:54 pm »

Why no mirror matches in EIR? One huge problem we got is that everyone wants to play one side only. Since mirror matches are probably going to be an integral part of coh2 I don't see why we wouldn't keep it just because coh 1 didn't have it, it's like removing mirror matches from DoW.

Maybe don't allow it for 'real' warmap games since it wouldn't make sense, but for some 'fun' games you can keep it in, just to see who is a better wehrmacht player and to spice things up when stuff gets boring (and it gets boring around here). Now that we have a coh where there are no fucked up multipliers against units of the same faction might aswell use it, no?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 03:09:28 pm by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2012, 03:11:14 pm »

There won't be such a thing as fun and 'warmap' games most likely.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2012, 03:13:35 pm »

That seems quite fail since we would get quite a few interesting match ups since the germans (and russians) in COH 2 have 7 different commanders (doctrines). Basically when we port coh2 into an eir version we would be missing a huge part of the game.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2012, 04:04:26 pm »

Why no mirror matches in EIR? One huge problem we got is that everyone wants to play one side only. Since mirror matches are probably going to be an integral part of coh2 I don't see why we wouldn't keep it just because coh 1 didn't have it, it's like removing mirror matches from DoW.

This sounds too stupid to be true, but I believe it is: people want to play axis VS allies in EIRR. Not just "play axis".

So mirror matchups will probably not improve eirr2 matchmaking.

Also I dont understand how guise in this thread have the stomach to even discuss eirr2.. man you guys are thinking LONG  term. I'll have grandchildren before we'll see eirr2..

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2012, 04:48:07 pm »

Mirror match ups in vanilla CoH2 - yes. In EiR2 - no. Just doesnt fit the mod really.

And Smokaz is right. Eir2 will take a long time. But Russia in Ruins will be ready shortly after CoH2 is out!!!1

Long live RiR!

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2012, 05:05:26 pm »

It won't take as long as you think to be honest, it will all really depend on how easy it is for EIRrmod to crack the SCAR code side of things. We've already managed to change the RGDs. If COH 2 is anywhere near as moddable as COH 1 on every level then it won't be long at all.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2012, 10:10:09 pm »

I'm much more concerned about large gameplay changes than small concerns like mirror matches.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2012, 11:36:01 pm »

You really can't even talk about gameplay changes, there are no changes to begin with, because we have 2 genuinely whole new factions which don't even assemble vcoh gameplay. There is no vcoh here, the only thing these games have in common is, well, the engine. You really cannot compare the two

What would be pretty cool is when we include coh factions into coh2, but I think relic is not gonna like hearing that people are playing coh 1 factions for free in their new game to be honest.

if it is to be done though, I doubt we even need PE and wehr for that since the new germans are pretty similar in many ways and would thus overlap (especially with wehrmacht). Americans and brits would be cool as hell though
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:49:16 pm by EliteGren » Logged
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 01:21:16 am »

Mirror matching is there for people you want it. If you dont want it, dont play it, its simple really.

For those who wants easy matches, mirror matching allows for quick, simple matchmaking

AS WELL as allowing coh2 to enter the competitive scene, you cannot, not allow mirror matching if you wish to become a competitive game.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 01:56:24 pm »

It won't take as long as you think to be honest, it will all really depend on how easy it is for EIRrmod to crack the SCAR code side of things. We've already managed to change the RGDs. If COH 2 is anywhere near as moddable as COH 1 on every level then it won't be long at all.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/yowhound/BP/spindoctor.jpg
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc