Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:57:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6p sup?  (Read 12821 times)
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 12:35:10 pm »

its actually tiny in retrospect, ive seen bigger forrests tbh

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 12:35:54 pm »

Fuck no to making every map the exact same.

Let the whiners cry that it makes micro hard or inconveniences their play style.

Maps that don't get played enough will get removed. Something people may want to consider when making maps.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 12:36:23 pm »

A very large area? Since when is that a "very large area"

There are groves of trees in the worldbuilder, the exact groves you can find on many maps like Ghost Town, Adaire, etc. that take up more space than that.

So no.

Also the lag thing is BS. If someone is gonna lag because of water, they've got a shitty enough computer to lag for a thousand other reasons long before water comes into the equation.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 12:36:55 pm »

+1, also the water is passable, so stop flapping brah
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 12:38:13 pm »

Maps that don't get played enough will get removed. Something people may want to consider when making maps.

There is as of yet zero evidence to demonstrate that well designed small/medium ponds will prevent the map from being played often enough.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 01:00:21 pm »

There is as of yet zero evidence to demonstrate that well designed small/medium ponds will prevent the map from being played often enough.

You are totally correct.

However, my post was in regards to the quote inserted in that response. If people refuse to play your map because of a perceived issue, then your map does not get played.

I did not say whether I agreed or disagreed with the water issue, I simply stated people should keep those issues in mind when creating a map.

BTW - whatever happened to your map?

Fuck no to making every map the exact same.

Let the whiners cry that it makes micro hard or inconveniences their play style.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 01:06:38 pm »

You are totally correct.

However, my post was in regards to the quote inserted in that response.

That quote doesn't suggest that a map wouldn't get played. It says that whiners would complain, but that the whiners are of no concern.

The subtext is that whiners are a minority which they will be when it comes to the water on this map.

BTW - whatever happened to your map?

It is extremely detailed (thousands upon thousands of objects) and likely too big. It would make a good 5v5 map.

With that being said, it is one beautiful mofo

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:10:09 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 01:07:33 pm »

Winds map only works on future computers

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 01:07:46 pm »

let me change it for u, im good at stealing others work and making it compatable with eir.... wait,

im good at stealing others work
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 01:07:58 pm »

So you created a map no one will, or can play...........better luck next time I guess.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 01:08:21 pm »

Winds map only works on future computers

lmao

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 01:13:33 pm »

So you created a map no one will, or can play...........better luck next time I guess.

Might want to use your brain before talking on the issue.

It actually got played a decent amount for my standards (I even put a disclaimer in when I first released it that I didn't make it to cater to everyone) and I still get asked a few times a month when it will be coming back. There was a solid ratio of people who said they liked it (and that it was "fucking beautiful") to those who complained. Some people even called it their favourite 4v4 map which I was very grateful to hear.

It was only in the launcher while it was in testing, I never got the time to finish. I never found the time to   make a loading screen for it or add weather or try to make it have less objects -- I got too busy.

I keep telling people who ask one day I'll find the time to go back and put in the work to finish it, and one day I will.

As an aside,  I also refused to act like a spoiled child by leaving games when people didn't want to test it. In fact I even adamantly insisted back when I released the map that I was thoroughly opposed to forcing my map on anyone just as I felt it would have been ridiculous to bully people to play an unfinished map when they didn't want to. I guess I should have acted more like you and ragequitted any games where people didn't want to?

Oh wait a second, I'm not 12 years old so I wouldn't have.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:52:11 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 01:24:28 pm »

I'm not 12 years old

Your whining says otherwise. Anyways, playtesting maps doesn't work well. If you want to test it just do a 1v1, then after you've fixed any potential problems just upload it so that players have the option of playing it without any of the other hassle.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 01:28:30 pm »

Your whining says otherwise.

How does me agreeing with Deadbolt's decision to ignore your whining = me whining?

fail
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 01:31:18 pm »

I was talking about your little fight with tank.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:37:23 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 01:35:40 pm »

Look up definition of Whining. (I'll even do it for you: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/whining)

Making fun of Tank/debunking his shitty point is not it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 01:37:11 pm »

And were you not complaining about how he acted?
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 01:43:24 pm »

Look up the difference between "complaining" and "making fun of/describing someone's actions in a mocking tone".

For a guy who is notorious for constant whining/complaining about everything under the sun, you'd think you'd be a lot smarter about stepping into this kind of territory.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 09:28:15 am »

Away with all of you. Back under your bridges now, shoo shoo.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 12:40:23 pm »

This map looks nice. I don't care where it came from or whatever. If it gets put in to the mod and I can play it i'd be happy.

If much work was put into making it deadbolt then props to him if not then I appreciate the effort of whoever made it and thank deadbolt for bringing it up here and hopefully doing what needs to be done in order for us to play it.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc