Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:46:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: France1944 NEW 3v3 map  (Read 15163 times)
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 10:45:19 am »

Why not take that same OUTLOOK for nueville and then create a map that looks completely different ya?  I know that takes tons of work, but Skaffa made Forest and Nueville, they both have the same principles but are different.  I believe in you hans.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 10:52:40 am »

Why not take that same OUTLOOK for nueville and then create a map that looks completely different ya?  I know that takes tons of work, but Skaffa made Forest and Nueville, they both have the same principles but are different.  I believe in you hans.

mayne, how about being happy about variation? lets see what i gonna do next.

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 11:44:13 am »

mayne, how about being happy about variation? lets see what i gonna do next.
Whatever it is it will involve 4 or more snipers.   Cool

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 12:00:03 pm »

yeah, i give it an update on friday, iam not at home before. Already know the solution.

You should give it a better name too. France is a country, 1944 is a date. I'm sure you can be more specific than that.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 12:03:56 pm »

You should give it a better name too. France is a country, 1944 is a date. I'm sure you can be more specific than that.

well i thought its like:

Somewhere in france 1944 = short france 1944. Didnt want to give it again some french name Tongue
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 12:05:07 pm »

a french village name is better.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 12:06:22 pm »

a french village name is better.

6p_CordonBleu
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 12:23:35 pm »

6P_lecordonbleu
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 12:43:14 pm »

6_Lecordonbluefromage
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 12:50:16 pm »

Skaffa did not "Make" Nueville. It is a stamp of semois, removed the water, and made some minor adjustments. Pretty much what Hans has just done with his map.

Nueville is an awesome map. Forrest just sucks.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 02:42:04 pm »

if all you plan on doing is fixing the one sector, then the map will still be crap.  Also, I'm not complaining about neuville's size because spawns are spread out across the width of the map, not concentrated in one corner.  Understand the difference.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 02:49:55 pm »

if all you plan on doing is fixing the one sector, then the map will still be crap.  Also, I'm not complaining about neuville's size because spawns are spread out across the width of the map, not concentrated in one corner.  Understand the difference.

just the sector so far Tongue
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 03:26:25 pm »

fixed the territory issue, sending map now to tank again Smiley
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 11:47:51 pm »

Tank doesn't take maps via PM

Tank gets map in the appropriate forum cuz tank is picky like that.....
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 12:05:08 am »

The map has possibilities, but plays too much like ghostown, where you basically get the dynamic where battles get played as 3 separate and independent sectors (center and two flanks), rather than a single cohesive battlefield.  Taht could be a result of the spawn issue Crazy is talking about or as a result of design, too many bottlenecks.

Also, some things that need tweaking:

The elevation in the middle of town seems unnecessary, basically functions as a wall;
There are a lot of instances where you have a building and a wall right on top of it, i think you either want to create alley ways like in Bastion's center, or get rid of some of the walls altogether, because all they do is block windows, which defeats the purpose of going into the house in the first place;
Lastly, there are walls with hedgerows right on top of them, and although it looks nice, it really just clutters the map, in the end you really only need one or the other for desired effect.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 01:22:44 am »

Tank doesn't take maps via PM

Tank gets map in the appropriate forum cuz tank is picky like that.....

its a fix, why should i put the same map on there again?
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2013, 01:27:59 am »

The map has possibilities, but plays too much like ghostown, where you basically get the dynamic where battles get played as 3 separate and independent sectors (center and two flanks), rather than a single cohesive battlefield.  Taht could be a result of the spawn issue Crazy is talking about or as a result of design, too many bottlenecks.

Also, some things that need tweaking:

The elevation in the middle of town seems unnecessary, basically functions as a wall;
There are a lot of instances where you have a building and a wall right on top of it, i think you either want to create alley ways like in Bastion's center, or get rid of some of the walls altogether, because all they do is block windows, which defeats the purpose of going into the house in the first place;
Lastly, there are walls with hedgerows right on top of them, and although it looks nice, it really just clutters the map, in the end you really only need one or the other for desired effect.

from my experience, after 10 minutes ingame most walls are being destroyed. The walls btw are placed next to buildings to limit the entry and add strategic gameplay. Its not the intention to get from every side in the building in the first place. The hedgerows with the walls should permit 88 being too strong.

its quite funny though, some say its too open, some complain its not. In the beginnig its quite structured in those 3 sectors maybe, but you ll notice that this turns very fast because walls are easily crushed.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2013, 09:21:36 am »

That has a lot to do with company builds. Crushable walls are awesome if your opening call-in has units that can crush them.....

I disagree. Making a map look great is almost as important as it's playability.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013, 10:01:32 am »

There has been a lot of Redesign issue brought up with this map. Is the territory bug the only thing you have amended?

If you are unwilling to make Any amendments and the map gets rejected by the community again, it will not get another chance.
I am not asking you to do anything more then myself or any other map makers have had to do in the past.

I am all for getting maps in for play testing. But we are not going to start spamming a bunch of maps slapped together hap hazzardly and say "WELCOME TO EIR:R" everyone.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2013, 10:07:42 am »

There has been a lot of Redesign issue brought up with this map. Is the territory bug the only thing you have amended?

If you are unwilling to make Any amendments and the map gets rejected by the community again, it will not get another chance.
I am not asking you to do anything more then myself or any other map makers have had to do in the past.

I am all for getting maps in for play testing. But we are not going to start spamming a bunch of maps slapped together hap hazzardly and say "WELCOME TO EIR:R" everyone.

well some liked it some not. its always a view of the own personal playstyle, weather it fits with a map or not.

There is and always will be someone dissapointed about sth. From my point of view this map is finished with the territory fix.

If you dont agree on this tank, use your power and kick the map. Its your task mayne.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc