Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:51:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR:R: Any interest in maps that are not a cookie cutter design?  (Read 15901 times)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 03:52:06 pm »

sounds like linden ampm.

Pony...I would argue support weapons work better in a city...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2013, 03:52:53 pm »

To use support weapons.

wuuuuuttttt. How much space do you need to set up a mortar, HMG, or ATG.

You are way out to lunch man. That shit don't even make sense....LOL

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2013, 03:53:26 pm »

To use support weapons.

I think he just wants max range for his HMG and ATG...

sounds like linden ampm.

Pony...I would argue support weapons work better in a city...

Nah, Linden didn't really care where your focus was so much, and you couldn't really backcap to win.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2013, 03:59:33 pm »

its not bad map design to force direct assault. this idea that you should be able to go around everything and never be forced to actually use smoke, artillery and snipers and slowly gnaw your way through em is so tell-tale of people who never played old eir.

muller spins in his grave

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2013, 04:06:08 pm »

Old EIR was awesome because of that. You moved up, tried to out muscle your opponents, and if that didn't work continued doing it with some sneaky flank action as well. There wasn't backcapping for the win. It was fight or die.

Road to Carentan, St. Lambert, Bastion, Abbeville...good times.

But then we expanded into new stuff.  The large maps with more open areas and objectives came in, French Countryside and Ardenne Valley. We had 2 sets of distinct map types.

I miss having variation in play.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2013, 04:15:11 pm »

its not bad map design to force direct assault. this idea that you should be able to go around everything and never be forced to actually use smoke, artillery and snipers and slowly gnaw your way through em is so tell-tale of people who never played old eir.

muller spins in his grave

of course it is smokaz.  And I played old EIR.  I can muscle through with PE if its necessary.  But its much better map design to build maps allowing for multiple types of  successful fighting. 

Muller is a hero, let us never forget his contributions.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2013, 11:21:32 pm »

I guess it was Tanteville that really introduced wide open maps with a lot of flanking space for the very first time, though by today's standards even Tanteville is deemed 'narrow'. (If you don't count the OCP style maps like Ardenne Valley and French Countryside who unfortunately can't be played any-more)

Anyway, we will need a way to encourage map variety somehow but it's not easy at all. We can't simply force people to play certain maps, we can only encourage them to try out different ones that they may then start liking. There's plenty of maps that only started getting a lot of plays quite some time after they got released.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 09:59:07 am »

We can't simply force people to play certain maps, we can only encourage them to try out different ones that they may then start liking.

Really.......

We force people to choose one doctrine, one doctrine tree and limit builds via pool and resources.

Limitations are not a bad thing. However, giving incentives to play other maps is probably the way to go.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2013, 10:00:44 am »

Extra warmap cards!
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2013, 10:58:10 am »

the launcher should choose the map that is going to be played. If you start the game launcher gives you the map and then you are only able to play on the selected map (there wont be any other map available in coh then).

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2013, 11:00:07 am »

^Agreed

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2013, 11:10:49 am »

I'm not sure if it detects what map was played though.

I suppose you could have it alter the module file so that other maps don't show up in game though. But that could be worked around.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2013, 11:14:32 am »

It's better to have a "map of the day" with a slightly higher reward.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2013, 11:15:45 am »

If different maps really need to be enforced, have it so zero exp, gold and reward cards are given for anything other than the designated/selected map. Furthermore, have the map only be selected once everybody is RTL'd to prevent pre-construction of companies for maps.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc