Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:27:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T4 Evaluation thread.  (Read 6592 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« on: April 25, 2014, 01:31:41 pm »

Hi everyone.

Having taken over balance I should be able to have quite a bit of free reign in what can be done. However, there at times may seem like there is too much one can do, and given that the community is fairly small I feel like taking into account some of the things it says is important in ensuring it stays happy and playing.

As such, I am asking for your opinions on (current) T4 Doctrines. I want everyone to post their 2 favorite T4s, and 2 least favorite T4s. Do not think about strength, or what wins games - think about what you like to play, and why. What do you dislike playing, and why.

Keep it short, in a simple format and without explaining your reasoning too much. As an example, I'll give my overview of the way back T4 Doctrines (you'll need to keep it to today's doctrines):

Favorite T4s:
Raidborne - I like being able to just jump in the enemy's face, I think it's good gameplay to either win fast or die hard.
On Board Mechanics - I love being rewarded for keeping my tanks alive.

Hated T4s:
Subversion - Fuck Subversion.
Subversion - no, seriously. Fuck Subversion.

You don't need to post 2 of each, 1 of each will do - but do try and not go beyond that. Don't reply to each other and argue, I'm not interested in people defending their opinions, I just want to see them. Have fun.

shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 01:45:35 pm »

Favourite T4s:
Ferocity - dual LMG grens and shit
Air Superiority - gg I win button, like I dunno 10 of them or some shit was it?

Hated T4s:
Subversion - Fuck Subversion
Dual Rocket Racks - Also fuck Calliopes

GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 01:49:25 pm »

Favourite :
Tank Hunters - Mines
SE - Mines

Hated :

Airbourne - smoke
Inf - smoke
Armor - Lv's spam

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 01:55:33 pm »

Favorite T4s:

wehr, blitz, lightning warfare - i like cuz tanks become super fast and units reinforcements coming instantly.
PE, TD, spare parts - love moving/reping/shooting clown cars

Hated T4s:

americans, armour, USK - callies suck without main gun
americans, infantry, operation overlord - dont gives enough buffs to be usefull vs axis inf

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 01:56:15 pm »

Favourite :
Tank Hunters - Mines
SE - Mines

Hated :

Airbourne - smoke
Inf - smoke
Armor - Lv's spam

Graywolf, with every new post of yours it feels like you do possess a retardation, and I am not kidding. Is it really that hard to follow a formular? How are either "Mines" or "Smoke" T4s? Please try again.

Ontopic:

Favourite
Death From Above - solid theme to this entire tree and is awesome fun to play

Least favourite
Blow The Bridges - powerful, but bland and not fun at all

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 01:56:45 pm »

I'll lead off.  First off, I agree, Subversion was retarded.  Kinda like Graywolf.  Jesus Christ child.

Now then.

Favorite T4s:

Urban Survival Kit:  Really handy having the option to switch to HE rounds for support weapons or infantry refusing to move out of cover, which Shermans can struggle with.  Also, the explosion is badass.  And having Sherman Smoke on recharge has saved my Shermans many times.  Dual Rocket Racks and LV's changing to Tank crits is a nice bonus too, if your company includes them.

Chemical Fire: Although not as good as it once was, its still a lot of fun.  Burning everything is loads of fun.  I don't use Flammenwerfer squads, but having extra uses of incendiary nades, plus lower recharge on hummel fire and mht fire barrage doing more damage is just effective and fun.  Also, Burn it all.

Least Favorite T4s:

Hold the Line:   Seems really lame, encouraging a static playstyle that is not something I think should be encouraged in this mod.  Sim City is boring, and this t4 is basically saying build as many trenches and emplacements as you can and play leapfrog.  Also, seems weak compared to Heavy Support.

Enigma Decoded:   Shit version of Omniscience, not required to select for the radioman, Commandos is already bad, giving it a godawful t4 like this is not helping.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:59:10 pm by CrazyWR » Logged

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 02:03:42 pm »

Favourite T4s:
Mobile Warfare - speed, makes bad allied vehicles usable and makes good ones amazing
Lightning War - speed and callin timers let you push them back to their spawn and never stop killing them. 15m gg no re

Shit T4s:
Blow the Bridges - it's like Subversion. Fuck Subversion
There's a bunch of other useless shit but I can't remember what they do because I took one look and was like NOPE
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 02:04:08 pm »

<3
Crete Veterans - infiltrators and ambush
Mobility - the improved maneuverbility is fun

hated
Airborne bot t4 - Croc Churchill armor is totally OP
Blitzkrieg mid t4 - Bundle nades + 1 use AND - 75% recharge is nuts

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 02:06:31 pm »

Hate:
HVAP(Tanks already do the job they are meant to)
Enigma decoded.( a way lesser omniscience).

Enjoy:
Omnscience(Good team help)

Rapid Mobilization( speed in your face havoc)

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 02:13:37 pm »

Favourite T4's:

HVAP - Having Tank Destroyers do serious damage to Axis armour is good times, and it allows the Pershing to do something besides embarrassingly shit itself when faced with heavy armour. Gives an armoured company a lot of bite without hard countering everything.

HEAT - Everything that leads up to and including HEAT rounds makes the Tiger a very competent unit, I thoroughly enjoy using medium/heavy (Not really super heavy) armour so anything that buffs the crap out of them I'll find myself enjoying.

Least favourite T4's:

Anything in the Commandos doctrine. It has so much potential yet it's all wasted.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 02:17:04 pm »

Actually after weeks of not playing i just cant put  most hated, loved docs in in.
But i think you should swap the top ab trees t4 -20 sec drop timer with the t3 smoke cover.
Reason: The reduced drop time makes expensive airboren way less prone to land right in the middle of an unexpected change on the the battlefield, yet its not hard to counter, yet  still has a  good synergy with double t3 choices.
While the smoke cover can really make u screw up a whole doom fortress, actually both in 1 branch could even be too much.
If this was was too confusing: Pinpoint airborne with smoke cover and spare mags could cause lots of rage.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 02:47:21 pm by chefarzt » Logged

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
OrdobalticusTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 02:19:08 pm »

I loved T4s that lowered cost of infantry. All those hordes of infantry (low on buffs, but many). You just could play bad with do many mistakes, feed exp to opponents and still win. Everyone was satisfied with out come.

No hate for any T4s, just all t4 of commandos are horrible.

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 02:22:48 pm »

Favourite :
Tank Hunters - Mines
SE - Mines

Hated :

Airbourne - smoke
Inf - smoke
Armor - Lv's spam
Did you read the OP?

Im fairly sure you were dropped on your head as a child ;p

Myst wants TIER 4 EVALUATIONS.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 02:24:16 pm »

Commandos comes to mind with really lackluster and misdirected buffs all around for all three T4s.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 02:31:01 pm »

You guys talking about the entire history of EIR?
Well then

Favorite:
PE TH APCR
Very few things in this mod that is more fun than 4 shooting Pershings.
Wher Blitz Lightning war
Cocain for everybody!
Speed is fun

Least:
Ami infantry Operation Overlord
Ami Infantry tank reapers

Both have been hit so hard with the nerf bat that they are bland and rarely are noticed in a fight, tank reaper may still be ok but it just dosent have the kick of the old days.

Commando doc All of them
I personally love the dual t3 non stop heroic sprint commando officers, but the bottom t4 has been made pretty much null after the removal of their main use as a hard counter to storms.

on the other hand red devils may have become usefull after they removed pool, now i can stack commandos with hoards of leu officers for days.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 03:22:06 pm »

Fav
HEAT: dem stugs getting serious teeth vs armor.

Least
Enigma decoded: pales in comparison to omiscience line.
Top and bottom RE t4s, top promotes stactic emplacement doom forts, bottom feels lackluster compared to lightning war and brens never FOTM.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 03:38:11 pm »

Hey everyone

I'm going to ask you to lay off Graywolf in this thread. Whether or not you think his opinion is valid, it's his opinion and that is all I asked of everyone. Not discussing them, not defending them - just a quick tally of what people think, with a bit of a consideration why they like it. He explained in a very short and precise manner he likes mines, and dislikes smoke and Light Vehicles. That's great, I know this now and what I do with that knowledge is up to me.

Carry on with posting your favorite and hated doctrines. If people start getting into arguments, I will simply ask somebody to remove the posts that do this. Only because it makes it easier for me to look through things as and when needed.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 03:48:18 pm »

Favs:

Red Devils because its buffs on Commandos make mandos actually a dangerous unit to engage at
APCR nothing to scoff at, pretty potent Tank destroyer build

Hated:
Operation Overlord. Sort of a crap tier 4. It does give 2 extra GGs and tommies for rangers and riflemen assuming you went with them. The halftrack provided bonus is neglible and instantly vanishes if you leap into a building, overall its not a very good tier 4 due to its spread out buffs. Officer, HT, Shermans, GGs or Thompsons. One has to use all of them in order to gain full benefit.

Middle Tier 4 Defencive. Infantry recieves cloak, paks can fire one shot from cloak, 88 can cloak once, anything can cloak. Its not a very potent tier 4. Not at all. Theres no bonuses (aside of pak ambush shot) involved in any of these cloaks. Its a minor annoyance when trying to cap while your units want to cloak. Could use buff.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc