Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:01:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spot Stealing & Similar behaviour  (Read 9651 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: May 29, 2014, 05:18:06 am »

It's unacceptable for people to "sneak" into games while rehosts are being made. You all perfectly understand when it's okay to replace a player in a game, and when it's not. Being out of the game 10 seconds to change companies isn't one of those situations, just to give you a free hint.

Please don't enable players who attempt this by silently allowing it to happen: defend the slots of your teammates reasonably.

In EIRR, this is sort of a nasty enough because of the investment in getting a game that you want to play. So it sucks extra hard if someone peaches your spot.

As for stack battles - use your judgement. If 5 players are saying you are not 'needed' in the game, you are not entitled to a spot merely because you joined early or whatever.

We're a social environment so please be social with each other.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:20:06 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 05:27:43 am »

As for stack battles - use your judgement. If 5 players are saying you are not 'needed' in the game, you are not entitled to a spot merely because you joined early or whatever.

Just to build on this, this means that if your presence makes the teams unbalanced or unfair, please don't take it personally. Not everybody is a great player, not everybody is a terrible player. Anyone in this community worth their salt will tell you they prefer an even game over a stomp, as they should.

Try to be understanding and listen to what everyone else is saying. In addition to this, no abuse is allowed in relation to any kind of stack or stomp. Keep it civil guys, we're a small enough group as it is.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 06:19:47 am »

As for stack games.

I say first who joined a game has rights stay there. Most of times stack game being created this way. Decent player creating a game, some ''pros'' stack him on oposite side. Than sudenaly Decent guy gets ''pro'' team8. yay 5/6 ppl we have in regular 3v3. So 1 spot left. Nobody wanna join. Obvious stomp. Than steam PM's promotions being launched. ''Sudenaly'' from nowhere we got 2 ''pros'' in launcher both coming at the same time lol. Decent guy being terrorized abandom game cuz ''stack vs stack''. Aww yea decent guy who joined a fucking game first and wasted 1+ hour has to leave cuz in favour of stack. ''Fuck that shit'' - gets mad, closes the launcher

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 06:38:57 am »

No offense the moderators, but I feel you may be a little off base here. If a player is in a game sooner then the other players, then he should not have to leave because the later players have deemed him too good/bad.

If the other players want different teams, then they should simply create another battle with the players they want.

Any other arrangement is simply creating an environment of elitism and only benefits an even smaller group of players.

In regards to "spot stealing": this is very frustrating, rude, and arrogant of the people stealing the spot. I agree that ignoring the issue is just as rude & arrogant.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 06:42:49 am »

No offense the moderators, but I feel you may be a little off base here. If a player is in a game sooner then the other players, then he should not have to leave because the later players have deemed him too good/bad.

If the other players want different teams, then they should simply create another battle with the players they want.

Any other arrangement is simply creating an environment of elitism and only benefits an even smaller group of players.

In regards to "spot stealing": this is very frustrating, rude, and arrogant of the people stealing the spot. I agree that ignoring the issue is just as rude & arrogant.

I 100% agree that a player should not have to leave because a single or two persons believe the teams bad, but the situation refered to was when 1 player just like when he is the victim of 5 others (spot stealing), victimize 5 other players when it's clear the other 5 players are looking for another teammate or a specific matchup of persons. Like joining when clearly instructed otherwise, "blocking the game", other types of equally unwanted matchmaking behaviour.

It's a marginal exception, but when the basic concept is easy the exceptions are the interesting ones. After all if the group has any sense, they will just rehost.

By phrasing it like this it's supposed to avoid it ever going uneccessary situations
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:44:33 am by Smokaz » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 06:43:12 am »

a simple "kick shab" button in the launcher would solve all our problems.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 06:46:58 am »

I 100% agree that a player should not have to leave because a single or two persons believe the teams bad, but the situation refered to was when 1 player just like when he is the victim of 5 others (spot stealing), victimize 5 other players when it's clear the other 5 players are looking for another teammate or a specific matchup of persons. Like joining when clearly instructed otherwise, "blocking the game", other types of equally unwanted matchmaking behaviour.

It's a marginal exception, but when the basic concept is easy the exceptions are the interesting ones. After all if the group has any sense, they will just rehost.

By phrasing it like this it's supposed to avoid it ever going uneccessary situations

Yeah nobody's saying anything like what Shab or Tank posted at all, it's more referring to when someone is in effect, griefing by joining or refusing to leave a game that is designed to be a 'stack-battle' or similar.

I'm not really sure where the idea of us saying that 1 guys isn't allowed to play whatsoever came from?

Edit: I probably didn't word it very well looking at the post, but I/Smokaz wasn't trying to say the guy that creates the game doesn't get to play at all if he hosts/joins early. Just saying that if two teams want to fight, they shouldn't be prevented from doing so by one guy. Make more sense?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:52:23 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 06:49:04 am »

I'm not really sure where the idea of us saying that 1 guys isn't allowed to play whatsoever came from?

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 06:50:36 am »

tank - are you saying a single player should dictate the game of 5 others? it was a very specific number. When everyone else participating in the game does not want it, exactly who's needs are we defending by saying you get a free pass to force your presence on 5 others?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 06:51:00 am »

That is correct though, nobody is entitled to a spot, you can't force anyone to play/not play with you, read my edit, above, does that clarify?
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 06:52:17 am »

Prettt much the way I read it was.
Shab hosts game
Andy 44 joins
Smokaz join
Ray join
Skaffa join
Keeps join
All say andy must leave cause not good enough.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 06:56:30 am »

Shab hosts game
Andy 44 joins
Smokaz join
Ray join
Skaffa join
Keeps join
All say andy must leave cause not good enough.

you've clearly picked a good example with andy, what if it was Graywolf?
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 06:58:45 am »

bad example picking up andy44 tbfh, i liked dat guy so much. Sad he left but before leaving he gave me so much reward units cuz i never dumped him lol. Good guy andy44

and fu corps for picking up on andy
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 07:02:45 am »

bad example picking up andy44 tbfh, i liked dat guy so much. Sad he left but before leaving he gave me so much reward units cuz i never dumped him lol. Good guy andy44

and fu corps for picking up on andy
I always play with him shab even vs the likes of scumbagtajus
you've clearly picked a good example with andy, what if it was Graywolf?
because it happens all the time too andy.
Thats why im using him. The guy has literally funded the mod for the next 12 months and still gets shat on.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:04:30 am by XIIcorps » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 07:04:47 am »

Why are we allowing others to join a game already created and then forcing the players that were there first to leave?

If the others joining the game do not want to play with that person they should simply create a new lobby. Why would the Dev and moderation team want to promote exiling a member from a lobby he was in first?

Seems like a pretty unfriendly hostile environment to me. Perhaps the promotion should be :Hey everyone, if you want specific people in a battle, then coordinate a new lobby instead of making other people who were there before you leave.

Look, I am not trying to shab you here, but if I am sitting in a lobby and 5 other guys show up and tell me to leave, that is nothing but a hostile environment. Those 5 guys can create a new lobby and play their game as they wish without insulting people and forcing them to leave.

Forcing someone to leave a game and stealing someones spot are two totally different subjects in my opinion.

We could theory craft bad examples all day, that's why this rule is kind of - well, not well written.

chefartz hosts game
tank130 joins
Smokaz join
Ray join
Skaffa join
Keeps join
All say tank130 must leave cause not good enough.

See where this is going?

What really should happen is:
chefartz hosts game
tank130 joins

Smokaz hosts new game
Ray join
Skaffa join
Keeps join
Chefartz leaves his game & joins if he wants
Player "X" that the group prefers joins and the game starts.

Again, that is why I argue: if you do not like the players in your lobby, simply make a new lobby. The polite community agreement should be, "Please do not join a lobby if the others have requested you not to join".

There is a big difference between being forced out of a lobby you were in first and being asked not to join an existing lobby.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 07:06:32 am »

I always play with him shab even vs the likes of scumbagtajusbecause it happens all the time too andy.
Thats why im using him. The guy has literally funded the mod for the next 12 months and still gets shat on.

Then maybe everybody should treat andy better instead of trying to pretend the rule is bad?

You're shuffling in the rule being bad (1 player not griefing 5 others) with underappreciation of Andy44's contributions.

At least argue the real thing - cause nobody would give 1 fuck if shab, herrpants or me wasn't able to force 5 other players to play in my game because I was there 'first'.

Joining the game ensures you get a spot to a possible game - as it stands. Claiming any other thing is trying to enforce a pseudo matchmaking system based on ideal behaviour from EIRR players. Do I really need to put in any sentences after that?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 07:08:44 am »

Tank, at no point did either of us say anything about forcing the host out of his game.

It's about people who join a game early, while it is in the process of filling up.

I think everybody has gotten confused here.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 07:09:34 am »

@tank

As for your last post - there must be some kind of slip from my side - or bad phrasing - because I don't mean 5 players can join your game and throw you out. That's just bullying. Pure misunderstanding. I mean that if you join a game with 3-4-5 players and the others united are agreeing on teams, you shouldn't troll their current game - or their new lobbys
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 07:11:07 am »

Um......... just for the record:

Andy's donations are still sitting in a paypal account doing nothing because there is no way to transfer the funds to a credit card to pay anything. Beleive me, nothing would make me happier then to be reimbursed the  $3,000.00 I currently have invested in a community that for the most part treated me like a piece of shit.

So ya, tank130 is still funding the server and forums as he has done for 2 years now..............

So anyway, back on topic  Wink
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2014, 07:27:08 am »

Of course there is a way. Have paypal tied to a Bank account, and make payments from the paypal to the bank account to pay the credit card that pays the server costs

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc