Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:57:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Europe travel  (Read 13542 times)
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 12:18:59 pm »

Although I don't have a spare bed and I live in the sub-urban part of Budapest, I'd happy to help you find good place to stay at (for a fair price) ,  give you some sightseeing tips, places to drink or some fancy places to go out, etc.. Hell, if you came at weekend, you could probably join me and some of my friends into the night. ^^
For like 15 euros you can get so drunk, you will not even remember your own name. And food is fairly cheap compared to Western-Europe. 100-150 euros would be more than enough for a weekend I guess. (max. , everything included except travel, getting drunk included)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 09:23:17 am »

East is the way to go if you are looking for cheap stay, cheap drinks, cheap food and girls. I'd say Budapest is by far one of the coolest cities in Europe, right after Berlin. 
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 01:12:22 pm »

Sorry about the lack of responses, these last 3 weeks at work have been a nightmare.
As soon as the Scout Jubalee is over im going back to planning the trip.

Only think i know so far is that im going to Hamburg, munic, prag and krakow.
i really want to go to england but i have literally no idea what the best way is as everone either says bus or plane.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 08:13:16 pm »

Avoid Shab, he'll get you drunk and steal your kidneys.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 08:19:56 pm »

Meh nothing to see in England anyways Tongue

Come to Italy (specifically Calabria) we got this:

http://i.imgur.com/kCDQTwK.jpg (took this with my phone so quality may be a bit iffy)

Plus we got nice girls and awesome food. Might go back there myself around December

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 04:46:33 pm »

Yea i suck at making plans, was offerd a job after this one in october that pays better and that entails me working there to the end of december, ive been thinking about just going in january, shorty before my time in the military.
Aside from that i guess im going with the interrail ticket, Going from the old plan but from krakow to budapest, then to austria and italy, want to go back to pietre ligure as it was a beutiful town, then i guess im going trough france and to holland, then back to denmark where ill be living till the second of febury.
any recomendations will be gladly recived.

That or ill just use the money ive saved up to go to america.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:51:48 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 04:59:09 pm »

And Canada lets out a collective sigh of relief......

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2014, 06:02:28 pm »

Poor Straya still forgotton

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 02:50:51 am »

And Canada lets out a collective sigh of relief......

The day im going to a country with worse weather than iceland is the day im invading it.
Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 02:10:53 am »

Yea i suck at making plans, was offerd a job after this one in october that pays better and that entails me working there to the end of december, ive been thinking about just going in january, shorty before my time in the military.
Aside from that i guess im going with the interrail ticket, Going from the old plan but from krakow to budapest, then to austria and italy, want to go back to pietre ligure as it was a beutiful town, then i guess im going trough france and to holland, then back to denmark where ill be living till the second of febury.
any recomendations will be gladly recived.

That or ill just use the money ive saved up to go to america.

You dont need the interrail ticket in krakow-budapest, its most useful through central europe which is a lot more expensive. A month is an awfully short time for all that, you will be on the road a lot, but if you can catch night-trains its better and its not a high season for tourists so that will help. You could do some alternative plans though if find yourself in nice company and dont want to rush to the next place already. That said the selection of countries seems good, thats a little of just about every side of Europe there.
Be sure to check the recommendations for the hostels - especially the heating in winter - the further south you go the shittier the buildings can be and it can be unbearably cold inside!! The only place where its warm inside in winter is Scandinavia Cheesy
Also you should start drinking beer now to build your tolerance Cheesy

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2014, 03:03:33 am »

Thanks, When traveling trough eastern europe should i then just buy the ticket as i go into the trains or should i order then with a day or 2 advance? What about Hitchhiking? is that a viable alternative?

Dont they have Heating in most of the places? damn, guess its gonna end up like the trip to italy where everything was cold a fuck at night.

Way ahead on you with the drinking, Im danish so ive allready trough birth have a +6 in drinking, then with Hákarl and Svarti dauði ive become mostly immune.
Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 02:40:59 pm »

Ha-ha Cheesy All right I admit you will do well with the tox..

I was on an interrail in Aug-Sep maybe 6 years back and then on a "rail" (without the official ticket) in eastern europe the next year, we booked the next tickets usually when we arrived in the city so a couple days ahead, there are countless of connections so only "special" weekends are a problem, those you have to book early and also all night trains/busses are recommended to be booked some days earlier. Day transport shouldnt be a problem anywhere and those you need not book if you are unsure about your level of toxness..

Same goes for east europe - hordes of day connections, night trains book preferably a few days earlier. The national holidays you should try to check beforehand and be a little bit prepared and you can look a bit which journeys you might be able to do with the night train. But its all an adventure so dont fret about it. Im sure you dont..

Warm houses and water are not a 100% guarantee on the lower end / party hostel scene, the worst countries are as you mentioned the ones you wouldnt think about.. East Europe is not that bad I hear, but the south.. (also they think themselves central europeans in budapest/prague you can piss some roclsikas off with this Cheesy) But it is clearly stated in the hostel reviews on eg. hostelworld/bookers.com . Ear plugs are the way to go for dorms and trains. Take your own lock for the lockers or 2 different sizes small/med and go to hostels with lockers clearly stated in the reviews. Petty theft is somewhat common in hostels and your worth-its-weight-in-gold danish winter jacket lieing around on the floor is what I would grab Cheesy Night train bag-grabbings are reported, but personal theft against young men is extremely uncommon (unless you pass out in shabs taxi lol). Some sort of travel insurance might be good though they have many loopholes eg trekking is not included (just lie if you were drunk or did some activity you were not supposed to do), at least get your euro-national health card so you can get treatment in any eu+ country for same price as home and you get money back later, you have to apply for it in Finland but its just 5 mins in the internet here in Finland so prob similar there. In case of a loop hole its good to have the health card anyway (it really doesnt pay to be honest with these insurances, i can tell so if you have to claim something read the fine print first..)

Hitching havent done in Europe, but I only have good experiences from ti. If you have to get to some sights on the countryside for example go for it, probably not worth the hassle trying to hitch long distances and over the borders Cheesy
Hitching can go smooth on a good day or it can take a very long time. Is easier for girls, but more risks of course, next best is to be a blonde viking-originee Cheesy. If you need to get a long way might take a long time with many small trips so not always good as a main transport, but to get to those country-side places is good (always with time allocated). Compared to black taxis and alcohol related crime i would say its very safe and east europe is very safe for tourists (apart from shabs taxi and $ sisters) But its only a feeling, not real information. Dont fuck anyone who is not finnish Cheesy without a condom. (A taxi driver in St Petersburg told us 50% of the girls there have tuberculosis and 50% have an STD so you should fuck the ones who cough Cheesy i think you can rely on this awesome advice)

Ok enough PG Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:44:12 pm by Batgirl » Logged

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 03:20:09 pm »

Thank you so much, Also fuck the danish jackets, those things are just 1Cm thick with at most cotton filling, I have a true Icelandic wool sweater that im going to wear everywhere.

Sorry to say tough im not a handsome Young blond like smokaz is but i look more of an arab with my farmers tan and workmans hands.
Do you know anything about higene(showers and such) in the hostels? i dont mind smelling like shit but i dont think others would approve.
What about carrying cash? should i stick to a card or should i go with coins and bills?

Aside from that thank you for all the information, This information is going to make the travel trough europe so much easier.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 09:08:05 am »

When traveling, always:

- Give the impression That you are poor
- Give the impression That slumming is natural to you
- Do not give reaction to low level slum events (fights etc)
- Never flaunt expensive cellphones, cameras, gadgets or watches
- Be careful with who you tell where you are staying
- Be mindful of how and who you make eye contact with
- Never carry more cash than you can afford to lose
- Try to be polite in a world of traps
- Don't get too drunk if you are carrying valuables.
- If your gut feeling tells you something is wrong, its usually right.
- Girl too fine and too easy? It's a trap.

Hostels are a a nice place to find other traveling scum so you can chill out after being paranoid the whole day about the above things.

If someone tells you something is something, don't believe them. Never ingest anything you are unsure of the quality or origins of.

I found in general that the most vicious thugs come from either Albania or Morocco. Especially french-moroccians seem to be all about robbing you.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:50:40 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 04:07:55 pm »

(A taxi driver in St Petersburg told us 50% of the girls there have tuberculosis and 50% have an STD so you should fuck the ones who cough Cheesy i think you can rely on this awesome advice)

It's from Full Metal Jacket  Grin

Private Joker: Ya know, half of these gook whores are serving officers in the Viet Cong; the other half have got T.B. Be sure you only fuck the ones that cough.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 02:48:53 am »

Aah true pony - I mustve had one cultural taxidriver Cheesy

Like smokeaz put it - if youre going to get shitdrunk dont take too many valuables (you only need a smartphone for wifi (makes travelplanning and hostelbooking easy and also good for maps if you download them beforehand) and your wallet, you dont need niggah-gold-chains or swiss-watches) and the only other crime is related to chicks  - if its going too smooth well yeah.. But its way more common in Asia than in Europe. I never found any Albanian thugs, but I guess ive been too long with the same chick.

I go with the card and take money from atms when needed. Cardpaying doesnt cost anything extra usually in europe and visa/master gives you a good currency exchange rate if its needed. Carrying more money than your insurance covers if a theft occurs is usually the unadvisable limit. (learned this the hard way Cheesy )

There are many hostels. In central-europe theyre almost all more like 1-2 star hotels, but unfortunately prices go with this, prices vary very much between cities/countries (like amsterdam you can expect 40e/nigth and Berlin you can get 15e). You can easily read the for example hostelworld.com / hostelbookers.com reviews and they have everything there. Very broadly put there are the "party hostels" and the "sightseeing hostels". The former is full of young people with not too much money looking to get lots of cheap alcohol/weed and not opposed to some casual sex.. The latter is good for sleeping and getting DIY travel information (if there is an interesting day tour to some place you sure can do it yourself for -50%). The safest place to meet people and get piss-drunk is your hostel and go around in the crowd, but youre in Europe so its pretty safe even when its "dangerous"

In Europe you can expect all the hostels to be clean (due to the price) (if its not you give a bad review and usually is already noted in the reviews) and hostel-crowd is young, clean people (if shes giving to it to you she mightve given it to others though so use the rubber Cheesy:D:D. If you were too drunk get 1g azithromycin from the pharmacy (chlamydia is the the common one). They also usually have a decent kitchen and people make a lot of food in the hostels in europe so cook your own if you have time and get to know people. The unsocial or the timid dont travel and if they do they sure avoid hostels.

wikitravel.com and tripadvisor.com are usually totally enough for you to find out what you want to do in each place. in tripadvisor the attractions/activities section is the only useful one. you have to realise the people who usually bother to write the reviews are a bit older / into the subject / or weird so skip all the accomodation/restaurant parts and go for the cheap burgers Smiley '

PS. you look pretty fuckable so bring lotsa rubbers, those pumas gonna eat you alive mr worksman (said in a totally un-gay way)
PPS. you still blonde it aint the hair they looking at
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 06:50:46 am »

heyo at least east europe girls look good not like skinny ultra white nordic monkeys where ass and back goes in same line and A- boops lololo

aint even talking about west europe or USA adicted to McDonald freaks where they call them "girls", those monsters can eat 2 dead horses at once like no problem

trololo
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 07:00:43 am by Shabtajus » Logged

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2014, 03:21:14 pm »

heyo at least east europe girls look good not like skinny ultra white nordic monkeys where ass and back goes in same line and A- boops lololo

aint even talking about west europe or USA adicted to McDonald freaks where they call them "girls", those monsters can eat 2 dead horses at once like no problem

trololo

Don't be insulting our women

'MURICA
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 04:59:42 pm »

Those eastern European girls.
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 11:57:05 pm »

Those eastern European girls.

Well this thing is from Austria and according to World Bank's data, people there are somewhat wealthier than Aussies, based on GDP per capita. Considering this I'd not call it an Eastern European country, since EE is most of the time associated with Emerging Market economies and Austria is clearly not one of them. ^^
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc