Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:39:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riflemen  (Read 14600 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2014, 10:53:48 pm »

I never said it is ineffective nor shit. I said it has trouble. It has hard time going through StuGs, Panthers, Tigers, King Tigers, and P4s with skirts and from PE it has trouble going through Jagdpanthers, Panthers and P4 ISTs, I don't remember about hetzer's resistance to it (probably has trouble going through that as well). Thus what I said might've been over exaggerated.

It is a bargain though and I always prefer having zooks in my riflespam companies (One might remember my ImperialGuad, which used zooks and nades more than anything else). A single riflesquad with a zook performs just how well one would imagine it to perform, it protects anti tank gun from light vehicles and will put hurt on anything weakly armored (Like majority of PE like mentioned). If someone fails at it, it isn't necessarily the unit's fault. Naturally you can not expect ONE riflesquad with a zook to kill all the enemy vehicles entirely by itself. It isn't priced to do that and whoever expects something like that imagines that bazooka = panzerschreck.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 02:51:30 pm »

Companies like that rely so heavily on a pair of notoriously overpowered doctrinal buffs, go ahead, try doing that now without smoke grenades and tank reapers.

Do It, post results.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:54:28 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 04:15:49 pm »

Companies like that rely so heavily on a pair of notoriously overpowered doctrinal buffs, go ahead, try doing that now without smoke grenades and tank reapers.

Do It, post results.

I ran it with Operation Overlord, not with tank reapers.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2014, 04:26:48 pm »

yeah i bet you had shabtajus on your team and faced andy chefazt and clonetroopers.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2014, 04:29:52 pm »

Nah, he mostly ran it with mysth, both of them spamming rifles + smoke grenades to cap the map as soon as humanly possible. Besides, I don't remember those bazookas being all that effective, it was the smoke grenades and pure capping power that did it.

But for real, overlord? Yikes.

Anyway, armored rifles were way better back when they got to buy AT rifles instead of zooks.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2014, 06:17:33 pm »

Ya know, it's kinda like bazookas were fundamentally designed to be used in pairs for a reason...

Bazookas work out on Rangers because you've got 4 of them down field for 12 pop, which is a manageable amount of pop without screwing over your AI options (As you'll still need pop for some form of hard AT or bullet sponge supplement to let the 4 zooks do their work on anything bigger than a LV).

To get 4 zooks out on riflemen (Which is what you need to firmly tell a LV to fuck off in one salvo, anything less than 4 zooks is an open invite to lose half a squad) you need to have 20 pop down field.

If you can't figure out why that is extremely bad, then I really don't know what to tell you.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 06:20:09 pm »

Ya know, it's kinda like bazookas were fundamentally designed to be used in pairs for a reason...

Bazookas work out on Rangers because you've got 4 of them down field for 12 pop, which is a manageable amount of pop without screwing over your AI options (As you'll still need pop for some form of hard AT or bullet sponge supplement to let the 4 zooks do their work on anything bigger than a LV).

To get 4 zooks out on riflemen (Which is what you need to firmly tell a LV to fuck off in one salvo, anything less than 4 zooks is an open invite to lose half a squad) you need to have 20 pop down field.

If you can't figure out why that is extremely bad, then I really don't know what to tell you.

Holy fucking mother Teresa on the hood of  Mercedes benz.

this man right here. bought a tear of justice to my eye.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2014, 12:15:25 am »

20 Pop and they still can fight infantry. It's not like they lose ability to kill, when they pick up handheld AT ;-; .

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2014, 12:22:32 am »

20 Pop and they still can fight infantry. It's not like they lose ability to kill, when they pick up handheld AT ;-; .
Yes your 20 pop of zook rifles can fight inf, maybe 20 pop of vanilla volks or below, but 10 pop of gren lmgs, kch or assault grens would decimate them without much effort all the while leaving your enemy another 10 pop for support.

Maybe a change for zook rifles to 85-90 munitions and getting 2x zooks would be acceptable ?
Granted ita more mu then rangers, but rifles cost 55% less then rangers mp wise.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2014, 12:49:19 am »

If you want 2x zook, go for rangers or change rifles pop to 6 . _.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2014, 07:21:57 am »

I wouldn't mind giving rifles the ability to buy 2 zooks, as long as I can still purchase only one.

Poorly used they would evaporate.

As for the rest of the squirming about rifles being bad, sounds like people being ungrateful suckas. Go rifles, defending my base since 2008.

But then I think a true nerf to zook rangers need to be coming, to reduce the spam of 2 zook rangers. The unit should be divided up into a ranger AT team, with same manpower cost and a 10 muni increase on zooks.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:24:11 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2014, 08:21:56 am »

Wut? You mad smokaz? The only thing that rangers are good for is bazookas, the only thing that ever made them op was tank reapers. Tank reapers be getting nerfed for sure.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2014, 08:30:05 am »

Tank Reapers was already nerfed? Its the american "shrek" doctrine option, is it not ? Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc