Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:23:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would spark your interest in EiR2  (Read 33896 times)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 02:32:30 pm »

and king of the hill type gameplay, a VP style countdown, but only for holding one particular spot on the map?

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 01:52:45 am »

A lot of really great ideas here - and most are actually in line of what has already been discussed and planned.

We're in the start phase of cleaning up our workflow - and then the info will pour in about whats going on Wink

The estimates that tank130 has given, are just that, estimates - but I believe easily within reach now.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 02:25:28 am »

Offmap bonus units that do not count for company, but can be called in as support ingame, e.g. 2 vetted SMG Rangers, a vetted sniper, Maus etc. Could be a warmap card or some other sort of unlockable ability

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 02:38:29 am »

Completely Escaping VcoH balance.

Including every availiable unit into EIRR, as either Reward unlocks or Doctrine unlocks e.g Crusader MK 3 (6pounder) as a reward (Stuart with UPhotch gun) or Churchill 95mm (StuH Churchill).

Pricing for offmaps (the current SP system is broken/not working as intended).

Complete freedom with creating a doctrine (Doing away with the Tier progression).

Maybe "fluffy" doctrines e.g AB and mandos not having acess to Medium tanks and equally sized units instead having numerous Airbourne type units. ( paradropped 57mm/6pdr, More Air based offmaps like Rockets, Bombs, MG straifes or Recons.

Serious Advantages for Newbs ( maybe 50% rerolls for units lost till you reach rank 2, Free MI's or AI's)

Not yet implimented items to be changed to something more immediatly implimentable (17pdr nest, Moratar pit, 105mm emplacements etc)

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 03:34:41 am »

Offmap bonus units that do not count for company, but can be called in as support ingame, e.g. 2 vetted SMG Rangers, a vetted sniper, Maus etc. Could be a warmap card or some other sort of unlockable ability
These have to be sorted out for balance, but its something we've discussed for certain game-modes.

For example, an attack/defend match might enable use of certain free builder units for the start of the game, or allow the attacking team to get an additional +1 pop (or maybe less time/ further back deployment) etc etc
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 03:40:21 am »

Completely Escaping VcoH balance.

Including every availiable unit into EIRR, as either Reward unlocks or Doctrine unlocks e.g Crusader MK 3 (6pounder) as a reward (Stuart with UPhotch gun) or Churchill 95mm (StuH Churchill).
Depending on the route we go with the company builder - Reward units may be changed dramatically.

Pricing for offmaps (the current SP system is broken/not working as intended).
Yeah, sorry about that - Im working on this particular bug this weekend.

Complete freedom with creating a doctrine (Doing away with the Tier progression).
Actually planned Wink  Doctrines in their current state will no longer exist.

Maybe "fluffy" doctrines e.g AB and mandos not having acess to Medium tanks and equally sized units instead having numerous Airbourne type units. ( paradropped 57mm/6pdr, More Air based offmaps like Rockets, Bombs, MG straifes or Recons.
Also planned for company builder - you select the restrictions yourself, or not.
In otherwords, if you choose to restrict yourself to say, AB and basic inf / tanks only - these things might be cheaper, but if you also wanted to add a pershing to this build - you could, but itd cost you an arm and a leg.
I did a preview and Q&A during a public meeting a few weeks ago on the builder change, did you see it?

Serious Advantages for Newbs ( maybe 50% rerolls for units lost till you reach rank 2, Free MI's or AI's)
Newb advantages are harder to implement than you'd think.
For example, how do you tell the difference between a new player, and someone smurfing an account?
If thats sorted, then data like total games played, win/loss ratios etc can be used to provide an actual WORKING newb advantage system, that has more flavour than our current mishmash....

In other words, its something Id like, but is low(ish) priority until base mechanics are sorted out.

Not yet implimented items to be changed to something more immediatly implimentable (17pdr nest, Moratar pit, 105mm emplacements etc)
Yeah, you and me both mate Wink
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2014, 02:55:09 am »

What about an ability to name a unit when it reaches vet5?

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2014, 03:00:10 am »

What about an ability to name a unit when it reaches vet5?

Meh. I would say : buffing stats up to vet 3. Vet 4 is name/skin and vet 5 is a special bonus ability Smiley

wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 02:59:18 am »

special bonus ability (obviously depending on what it is) would lead to dodging/vet whoring/vet hunting with no intent on winning games. I like the special skins though especially if it has a huge target symbol on it!

Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2014, 07:33:04 am »

Tits.

That is all.

But on a serious note, everything i had has already been mentioned. Feel free to contact me if you need a rgd coder or some shit.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 07:51:40 am »

or some shit.

that's some serious CW description for getting a job lol
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 11:57:00 am »

Remove all the excess units that only serve to step on each others toes.

Make the warmap playable or get rid of it.

Balance without going in circles.

Interesting game modes with objectives.

Repair moved back to repair units.

No more 0 pop infantry running around, or 2 pop men for the germans...

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 03:43:08 pm »

Reward units that are single battle only Smiley ?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 05:35:25 pm »

A unit hq with coupled game modes to destroy the hq unit. The hq unit also teid in reg games to all offmap abilities take out hq unit no more offmaps

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2014, 06:18:20 pm »

A RGD and balance lead that dont go afk every other day

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2014, 08:16:35 am »

I kinda liked the old system where you got experience for playing games and then went up the ranks to in the end become a tier 4 general. This mode had a lot less cheese dedicated only for killing this or that unit because the new cheesegeneral didnt get any doctrine buffs.

Back in those days there werent so many 1-hit reward or avre etc units that would kill all your vet either so was more fun to get vet. Need faster balance fixes with avre and such shit.

Also like always axis seems to have all the fun stuff allies just have the gay smoke but i never thought it was much fun.

Also need a maximum of 1 big bomb per game like v1, fs, etc.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 10:30:31 am »

Game mode which makes all players names Unknown so everyone thinks Unknown is playing with himself. The same campaign button thing.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 11:00:56 am »

Game mode which makes all players names Unknown so everyone thinks Unknown is playing with himself. The same campaign button thing.
I was a big fan of this mechanic actually - but it made a few things difficult, like finding who was smurfing, who you needed to yell at to ready up etc etc.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2014, 11:32:38 am »

I was a big fan of this mechanic actually - but it made a few things difficult, like finding who was smurfing, who you needed to yell at to ready up etc etc.

Thus far it still stands as the closest of possible automatch function EIRR has ever had. (If smurfing is not accounted)

Sure it suffered from certain issues- but nothing that is unpassable, correct?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 11:40:20 am »

Thus far it still stands as the closest of possible automatch function EIRR has ever had. (If smurfing is not accounted)

Sure it suffered from certain issues- but nothing that is unpassable, correct?
True.

There will be something similar in the new builds I believe - but thats a design discussion, which when it happens, you can put forward your arguments Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc