Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:36:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is actually going on?  (Read 17575 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 07:29:43 pm »

NOPE
Overambition killed the mod

NOPE
Minority of community demotivated development team and created hostile environment.
Eirrmods lack of motivation lead to the stop on his end.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2015, 02:15:09 pm »

NOPE
Minority of community demotivated development team and created hostile environment.
Eirrmods lack of motivation lead to the stop on his end.

And somehow ick is doing fine.
Overambition is the right answer. EiRRmod wanted to do something that cost too much time.
I couldn't belive to see the whole new mod, when mods couldn't keep the promise to patch the game, because of lack of the time. :/

Although I believe everyone appreciate the effort of EiRRmod to keep the mod alive for so long. Not to speak about moderation and suga daddies and people who did both Wink.

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2015, 08:26:53 pm »

Did you miss the posts Ick made where he said that he wouldn't continue unless people showed interest and were nice?

Tank is right.
Lol more like icks doing what icks doing so he can have an Icktatorship

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2015, 08:58:50 pm »

ok missinformation spreaders forced me to post anothertime, since maybe new players come and ask themselfs whats going on.

1. enough well mannered players showed interest. So the mod will be done. I also got a development team to support me after Tank made the way free .

2. i am handing over the control of the mod to a management team, after i finished the development. They can do whatever they want. Actually, i give them only 1 command: XIICorp has nothing lost in this mod...

3. The mod will be EIR like it once was, but have another name. I will post the link soon.

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2015, 04:03:54 am »

3. The mod will be EIR like it once was, but have another name. I will post the link soon.

Well thats a lie, youve fundamentally changed one thing by bringing resources back into the game and out of the meta, youve fundamentally flawed the game from EIR style back into Vcoh resource camping.

The truck system youve devised while admirable will
A) require every map to be resectored and may even require maps to be symmetrical, unlike the asymetric maps EIR had.
B) Devolve gameplay into dare i say it OMG style support spam, because as Nikomas put it "A defending army will take far fewer losses then an attacking army".
C) Still be plagued by LV Spam builds being more effective then well rounded companies, just to harras trucks as they return to the spawn point.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2015, 10:26:50 am »

Well thats a lie, youve fundamentally changed one thing by bringing resources back into the game and out of the meta, youve fundamentally flawed the game from EIR style back into Vcoh resource camping.

The truck system youve devised while admirable will
A) require every map to be resectored and may even require maps to be symmetrical, unlike the asymetric maps EIR had.
B) Devolve gameplay into dare i say it OMG style support spam, because as Nikomas put it "A defending army will take far fewer losses then an attacking army".
C) Still be plagued by LV Spam builds being more effective then well rounded companies, just to harras trucks as they return to the spawn point.
oh comon, just stop posting if u cant deliver anything useful. we dont need more bitches here

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2015, 05:30:23 pm »

But he does a bit of a point.........

Claiming the new mod will be Eir is very misleading. The core mechanics of what was Eir are vastly different than what Ick has put together.

I think Ick is creating a very cool mod, but claiming it is old Eir is false and we would appreciate it he would refrain from doing that.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2015, 06:55:01 pm »

oh comon, just stop posting if u cant deliver anything useful. we dont need more bitches here
Oh cmon wtf does bear post if mine are not usefuk

im offering constructive criticism mate nothing more.
I do appreciate what icks doing dont get me wrong, but he needs to think of a name for his mod, because the only relevance it has to EIR is its persistance and using the Coh1 engine.

Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2015, 10:34:05 am »

Well the new mod definitely sounds much more different than EiR. Fuel & munition income make it more like vCoH. Persistency and no bases still makes a big difference to vCoH so I wouldn't say yet that gameplay will be too much like in vCoH. Let's see it out first and then start to think about changes and improvements.
I don't know that could the new mod keep EiR's name, but maybe some kind of sequel with a bit different name? This depends on the Tanks and Icks cooperation. I hope that there would be a bit more understanding and patience between you guys. Cooperation would quarentee less work and more players for the mod.
Anyways, I'm glad of the progress. I Hope everything plays out as well as possible.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 05:17:32 pm »

Id be in for a couple of games some time  Cool

add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999555472/

cheers,
aloha

Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2015, 01:10:07 pm »

I could be up for couple of EiR matches aswell. Can't promise if it's this week (hopefully it is), but at the latest, next week. Arrange some balanced teams and get 2v2 - 4v4. I'll be online in the steam later this week.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2015, 03:56:56 pm »

and how is that gonna happen alpha tig? Cheesy

caus we need one right now
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2015, 04:09:33 pm »

We could try to set a date/time and get a few games going? I'd love that to.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2015, 07:41:17 pm »

saturday 23h GMT?
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2015, 10:37:38 am »

saturday 23h GMT?
I usually get home after midnight on Saturdays, but we could try, I'll be around tomorrow or Sunday to of people are around.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2015, 05:45:47 pm »

Deja vu has kicked in.

If you guys can catch me in my future timezone and need some fodder ill play.
Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2015, 07:53:51 pm »

Sounds nice!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc