Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:01:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last offer  (Read 4727 times)
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: November 10, 2014, 03:28:26 pm »

My offer Design, Coding, MySQL, PHP

The crisis of eirr IS NOT a launcher crisis - its an INGAME DESIGN crisis.

Maybe you guys are open for change, short before the downfall.

@Tank: i am not going to fuck arround you either want a redesign of gameplay and shit to get done  or not - no stupid application games.

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 04:52:51 pm »

I assume you're referring to coh1's eir2? I'm ok with this aswell, but if we look to the future I think eir2 should be made for coh2. I hope we don't get another judgement from Xeoniz. I hope he decides to take the lead.
I'd be interested to offer my help aswell, I just don't know how much I can offer right now, but a lot more in the future for sure. It could also be a good way to learn more by helping this mod.

Currently I'm studying in school basic courses of  C-programming, web-programming-tecniques (HTML & CSS, Javascript, PHP & MySQL) , Basics of Object-oriented programming (Java-programming + its graphical applications)
I've had basic course of network fundamentals (though with bad understanding Cheesy) and basics of server-enviroments (MS Server 2012 with ok/good understanding). In the future I'll be having courses like C++ and many more.
Coding ain't really my passion, but thoughts of ability to be part of mod making or join game companies in the future gives me at least some interest in the matter. Graphical design is closer to my heart, although my school supports more coding and other subjects than visualized subjects. I'd be interested in mapping, video editing (this one is less important for the mod ofc, except the trailer) & modelling (haven't done models for coh before, but would be very interested to learn).

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 05:56:09 pm »

But it is a launcher crisis ick.
if you want to change anything other then rgds its gor to be coded into the launcher and there in lies the problem.

as stated countless times the launcher is a dinosaur and has seen numerous domino effect bugs from even the slightest changes.

All in all tho good to see someone willing to perpetuate the mods life.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 07:09:56 pm »

Maybe you guys are open for change, short before the downfall.

@Tank: i am not going to fuck arround you either want a redesign of gameplay and shit to get done  or not - no stupid application games.

I really appreciate your offer and I will certainly take you up on it if we can find someone to code the launcher and Scar. With out that ability, we will be unable to create CoH2.

To be honest ick, I already handle the SQL & a little of the PHP.

Our current game play sucks because of balance. A lot of that balance has to do with Doctrines. We can't even change how doctrines are handled without changing the launcher.

Meh, It would take a fucking wall of text to explain why just having Coding, MySQL, & PHP experience to create, and/or fix this mod is not what we need. I CBA to explain for the 100th time.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 07:18:43 pm »

is there anyway we can just go to a web based version like OMG mod or something?

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 01:13:12 am »

I dont know if any of the web launcher back-end is still there. To be honest, what we have works and it would be easy to keep that afloat, but with no one playing eir 1 and no developer being able to do launcher end coding we would just be further postponing the inevitable and not be able to do anything for coh2
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 01:20:04 am »

I dont know if any of the web launcher back-end is still there. To be honest, what we have works and it would be easy to keep that afloat, but with no one playing eir 1 and no developer being able to do launcher end coding we would just be further postponing the inevitable and not be able to do anything for coh2
Theres a reason no one is playing EIR 1, we were given information that lead us to beleive a patch was imminent only to be told its all been shit canned.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 01:41:27 am »

Theres a reason no one is playing EIR 1, we were given information that lead us to beleive a patch was imminent only to be told its all been shit canned.
+1

1. Collect incentive points
2. If you reached your max incentive capacity :
3. Make a patch
4. Upload a patch
5. Tell people there's a patch update.
6. People be like : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzvlPrOnIz4
7. Fuck OMG (until they upload a patch XD)
8. EiR's back alive.
9. Profit (?)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:08:45 am by GrayWolf » Logged

ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 03:19:01 am »

I know we cant agree on that, but:

- give allies cool stuff: like Tulip, easy eight etc.

-change AVRE/Brummbär, RRs and smoke nades, Flame HT and Croc (for example: OMG has the same RR issue like RR)

and EIRR is playable again. People would come back.

@Aero: The current EIRR Reportsystem NEEDS the launcher to report the gameevents. EIRR Launcher send data while playing, but Webbased launcher, would mean that after a game the data is collected and then send - this "could" cause lags.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 04:00:04 am »

Anyway, regardless of the mods future potential, I would say its only fair we let the existing community try to keep it afloat for as long as they can. But mind you that this also means you will need to find the money to keep the servers running.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 04:05:46 am »

- give allies cool stuff: like Tulip, easy eight etc.

-change AVRE/Brummbär, RRs and smoke nades, Flame HT and Croc (for example: OMG has the same RR issue like RR)

This would make me, come back.

But mind you that this also means you will need to find the money to keep the servers running.

I feel like we could find cheaper server, but I'm not sure. For example we could resign from Ventrilo for Teamspeak3 Smiley
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 10:35:30 am »

I feel like we could find cheaper server, but I'm not sure. For example we could resign from Ventrilo for Teamspeak3 Smiley

The server and Vent are not the same thing.

Vent has been paid for a 2 year subscription so it's there until that runs out. I paid the new subscription a few months ago.

The server is a monthly payment that debits my credit card. In order for donations to be directed to that purpose, they would need to be accessible by me ( or someone else we choose ). You must have a credit card to pay for the server.
Currently donations are only accessible by Eirrmod and he does not have a credit card. I do not know how to change the paypal account on the website either.

Currently donations go to Eirrmod and he has no way to redirect them.

But this is all moot unless people are actually playing the game.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 01:22:58 pm »

tbh i will play if we can get a patch out. i know there probably a few people who would play if patches came out or something. a patch is exciting and new and breaths fresh air into this old bag.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 02:34:02 pm »

ick and xeo for new devs Cheesy

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 01:54:55 am »

I can't wait to come back ....  Wink , and why don't u lunch the new forum u created so u can make new paypal so all the donations go to mod instead of eirmod.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:56:41 am by GORKHALI » Logged

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 08:30:42 am »

I can't wait to come back ....  Wink , and why don't u lunch the new forum u created so u can make new paypal so all the donations go to mod instead of eirmod.

HONESTLY, Because it is called EiR2 and I can't be bothered to change it without a Scar coder to actually make a mod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc