Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:14:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hope for the EIRR gameplay (NEW MOD)  (Read 14869 times)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2014, 05:39:50 pm »

Ok tank ill try to be far less provocative, and let me just say despite my initial criticism i am actually excited to play test this mod.

Im just trying to wrap my head around how these mechanics are going to work is all.

In fact, I even saw our Dev team make changes based on input from people who don't even play the mod - just fucking retarded in my opinion......
Pretty sure i and alot of other active players screamed bloody murder about this, shit half of us got warnings and such from our behaviour about it.

its Dev 101 to take feed back from people who actually use your product, not saying that you agreed with the actions of the entire dev team.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2014, 07:39:36 pm »

Did you read the original post?
It looks pretty clear to me he announced making a new mod that is like EiR. If it was the same as EiR it would not be a new mod. From his later descriptions is seems pretty clear to me it is like EiR in that there is no base building and you carry your units on.

Other than no base building and persistence, what actually makes EiR unique? A few custom units, a broken Warmap, and useless war cards? I guess Ick could throw those in, but there is already a broken mod with that in it  Wink

This argument you are trying to make corps is pointless and serves no purpose other than to provoke. If Ick is getting his own server and forums, than he can do whatever he wants with his mod. Play it and then make a decision on whether it works or not.

I can tell you right now one of the biggest failures of EiRR was listening to the community moan before anything was achieved. Good ideas where scrapped due to theory crafting by a vocal minority. The best thing Eir could have done was just build the mod and release it. Only make changes as needed after serious game play time and ignore the usual suspects that do nothing but whine.

In fact, I even saw our Dev team make changes based on input from people who don't even play the mod - just fucking retarded in my opinion......

Another reason for EIRS longevity is the community tank. and willingness to help.

everyone who has shoutcasted or help with the warmap pictures to coders and even people that have theory crafted all played a part in keeping the mod alive.

every time a new doctrine was reworked it always bought in a bunch of old players and revived the game that much longer. Any time a new unit was made and put into the warmap people would once again play.

Yes poor decisions were made by listening to the community but they always played a vital part in keeping the interest alive in the players. but the lead dev disappearing  for months at a time surely didn't help?,

Dev's and community are/were to blame but no party is completely at fault.

On another note

this mod ick is making as interesting as it sounds, it sounds like he has already chosen people with whom he will listen and will not.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc