Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:00:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is PE able to afford too much AT?  (Read 4276 times)
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 25, 2015, 10:22:41 pm »

So apparently the newest rant is that PE has too much cheap AT. Cheap AT means more AT in the company. Now it seems that people react through scapegoating the faction, unit, and/or doctrine without any sort of analysis. With this in mind, what does EIRR think regarding PE's AT capability, how much it can field, and how much you can have in a company? Is it really too much?

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 10:31:36 pm »

I would like to see marders to go to 160-165 Fuel. Other than that, I think PE AT is acceptable. I understand that PE is fuel heavy, but Marders are way too efficient as they are.

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:57:50 pm »

Marder is the game's best unrecrewable anti tank gun. Its job is to destroy armor but it dies to very same counters as any other armor.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 11:22:50 pm »

Marder is the game's best unrecrewable anti tank gun. Its job is to destroy armor but it dies to very same counters as any other armor.

Why does the marder die to armor?.

It doesnt really need lockdown does it?. the heaviest thing that isnt doctrinal is a Sherman.

and LATHT do a really really good job stopping LVS.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 11:54:39 pm »

Why does the marder die to armor?.

It doesnt really need lockdown does it?. the heaviest thing that isnt doctrinal is a Sherman.

and LATHT do a really really good job stopping LVS.
If a Marder catches a sherman or two stags and is able to pound them dead, then that marder has caught the enemy at the perfect situation. Any unit can have it's perfect situation. What if there is an At gun? Hand-held? Two shermans.
Also you have to put into the consideration of micro skill involved. Now let's involve a LATHT. It tread breaks the Sherman for the Marder to eat away. Anything can happen at that moment. An At gun can kill off the marder, RRs can come running down the field...anything. Then again, the axis team will have support as well. Yes the Marder is very powerful, but it is very fragile. If a Marder pair catches a sherman without support, it is in the perfect scenario. We can't expect perfect scenario always.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 12:45:57 am »

If a Marder catches a sherman or two stags and is able to pound them dead, then that marder has caught the enemy at the perfect situation. Any unit can have it's perfect situation. What if there is an At gun? Hand-held? Two shermans.
Also you have to put into the consideration of micro skill involved. Now let's involve a LATHT. It tread breaks the Sherman for the Marder to eat away. Anything can happen at that moment. An At gun can kill off the marder, RRs can come running down the field...anything. Then again, the axis team will have support as well. Yes the Marder is very powerful, but it is very fragile. If a Marder pair catches a sherman without support, it is in the perfect scenario. We can't expect perfect scenario always.

What are you babbling about?. i had nothing to say about micro or player skill whatsoever

im saying that the unit does not require it to stand still and vulnerable to do its job, like people seem to think. sure it works better but it isnt exactly necessary all the time.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:53:46 am by aeroblade56 » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 05:10:56 am »

Marder is the most solid anti tank platform panzer elite has and it costs fuel. The other one is ATHT which isn't as good but is a option if player wants to spend munition instead of fuel. Every other faction has anti tank gun whether it is pak38 or 57mm. PE has none thus it has plenty of toys to compensate for lack of recrewable solid anti tank. Its special perk is lockdown which gives it more line of sight and faster reload but renders it immobile until ability cd runs out. PAK38s perk is camo. British 57 has cloak in cover and US one has buyable AP rounds.

Marder is powerful because it is the most solid AT platform entire panzer elite has to offer. The main issue with it is that if it dies it can not be recrewed, this issue doesn't exsist with other factions.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 07:15:42 am »

What you are seeing is a meta game shift. People realizing PE has some good AT abilities.
The guys spamming armor cough**super pershing**cough and the alleged OP Churchill are the guys QQ.

An infantry heavy company is not going to QQ about the marder.

To answer your question: No, PE is not able to afford too much AT.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Hobomancer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 07:30:50 am »

The marder is just fine as it is, As is the 50mm.
105TigerHunters Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 10:15:19 am »

I think the issue is not the amount of AT PE can get, but how ridiculously efficient things such as marders are for there price. There are a lot of people saying that they dont get some perks atgs get, but when have you ever seen a marder have to worry about getting de-crewed? creeped up by a sniper? I dont think they need a drastic price change, just looking into and maybe slight changes.

How many times have you seen ATG's sly into back lines and have the speed/time to take out high value units (such as repairing units)
I think it was skaffa I played against when he used two marders supporting his front line units, used as they should be, they just trash everything.

SnoOp: Hey Undead No one likes you k?

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 10:27:40 am »

The 50ATHT is the PE at gun on wheels, the marder is not. That's why the 50mm only costs munitons.

So if anything is going to be balanced and pinned as the "PE AT gun" it should be the 50, not the Marder.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 10:39:27 am »

first g43 got screwd now u guys r behid Pe Marders and 50 ht ,....   Angry Angry Angry
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:41:00 am by GORKHALI » Logged

terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 03:09:53 pm »

What you are seeing is a meta game shift. People realizing PE has some good AT abilities.
The guys spamming armor cough**super pershing**cough and the alleged OP Churchill are the guys QQ.

An infantry heavy company is not going to QQ about the marder.

To answer your question: No, PE is not able to afford too much AT.

^^ This

With everyone and your mother spamming Allied LVs and Churchills, PE has become the go to counter this stuff. My TR company has been having a field day lately with all this light armor.

Though, 50MM HTs might need a slight price increase, as you can afford so many of those damn things.

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 06:45:28 pm »

What are you babbling about?. i had nothing to say about micro or player skill whatsoever

im saying that the unit does not require it to stand still and vulnerable to do its job, like people seem to think. sure it works better but it isnt exactly necessary all the time.

What are YOU babbling about? I am saying that PE AT is just fine, with or without lockdown. Lockdown allows the Marder to shoot at a faster rate. Of course it becomes vulnerable, but that's the trade-off. The unit's vulnerability is very situational.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc