Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:27:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Patch  (Read 4730 times)
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« on: October 01, 2015, 09:48:35 am »

Yo developers maybe it's about time to patch this old lady so called EIR:R? I mean it was cool and original idea doing full wipe to get information to balance meta game using only regular units without doctrine buffs but so much time has passed and we still got no patches or any information from developers. I am not bitching i am just saying maybe if new patch is not ready and i know you can undo the latest patch or patches from the past. I am not sure if you able for example throw in patch from 2014 or any random shit to make game interesting once again. I bet it will bring back players for sure. Fuck it if it's unbalanced or OP shit will be zerging around. Just do it. Who cares? At least it will be fun and few more guys will come back to launcher. Just drop patch notes on forums no need change shitty description in launcher icons.

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:03:15 pm »

I am not sure if you able for example throw in patch from 2014 or any random shit to make game interesting once again.

Nope, it doesn't work that way. The only way that can happen is to actually re-code everything the way it was then.

we still got no patches or any information from developers
We still got almost nothing from the community in regards to balance of the vanilla units.......

You got not patches cuz we got no information from the community.
You got no information from us cuz there is no information give.

If you read this The world is coming to an end it clearly states the vanilla stage will last 3 to 4 weeks, making today the deadline. That deadline only works if we actually get some information to work with.

Would the community like us to assume that everything is absolutely great other than what has been posted to date? Does that mean no one will be QQ later?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 11:33:53 pm »

We still got almost nothing from the community in regards to balance of the vanilla units.......

You got not patches cuz we got no information from the community.

I try get vanilla game experience everyday tank. Check intel. Only two games have been played after full wipe and in both of them i was in. What information i can give you since there are no decent players around and those two games were total stomps?

I am more than cool do 1v1 with some developers to test vanilla units but the problem is no devs play game so it's hard for them make decisions about meta game, units and stuff like that.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 07:15:21 am »

............... but the problem is no devs play game so it's hard for them make decisions about meta game, units and stuff like that.

Please list who you believe to be the dev's you keep referring to.

I've played a couple of games and both have been pretty fair fights that should give some nice intel. Do you want me to post the replays so that people can gather thoughts from them? (Next best thing to them playing if they aren't gonna play).

Post if you would like. No harm in that at all.
What we need is feedback as to whether the vanilla units are balanced with out docs or not.
Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 10:33:24 am »

Relic tried to patch the game with a very active community for years and didnt succeed.

The special fun in this mod is it DOESNT have to be perfectly balanced. Shab will pwn most other players with somewhat inferior units and everybody knows this. When we have enough players we arrange the teams to be fairish and fun. This mod is fun because sometimes you stomp and get stomped, but you can also have really tight games and even when youre losing you can vethunt!!! Its not a competetive game for anyone so why bother with any "perfect balance" stuff. Fixing some of the worst stuff now and then is enough to keep everyone happy and keep it fresh as a game this old can go.

At the moment everyone is playing OMG so there isnt any games going on in eirr and there will be no info coming anyway.

I would suggest doing some changes to the least used units and abilities and see where it goes from there - this includes for example most medium tanks, kch, stickies. Its probably easier to make it fresh by changing some of the abilities now and then. Dont have to change all at once. This game is an absolute blast if it has players much like OMG - the players make the fun

Shab did i just praise you? SOrry, I meant it more as a tap on the head of a dog.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:31:24 pm »

If OMG is the game you prefer, then I suggest you continue to play OMG.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 12:52:17 am »

Batgirl made a few good points tbh. Why you need perfect balance if it's imposible to do? I love idea of making changes for units you don't see on the field most of the time.

As for OMG tank don't be so mad each time you here it being mentioned man. I have played a lot back in the days when they had no doctrines. So basicaly it was vanilla units enviroment which you are trying test here tank. My experience was not that great tbh. It used to be campy games with loads of support weapons and mortaring enemy. I kept coming back to eirr since it could offer me those OP/UP doctrines and waaay faster game play style.

Atm eirr is abandoned because some of us left to play omg. We just enjoy a game vs different players in different meta game. We do omg vs eirr teams. Its refreshing and fun stuff to do. But make no mistake tank. Errbody is here we are just waiting for your patch and players will roll in eirr once again.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 12:40:03 pm »

As tank said, are we to assume everything is nicely done and balanced ?

We don't have a balance team and I try to stay away from balancing as much as possible and leave it to the pros in the community and go with what they suggest.

Got another week before I throw doctrine units for balancing.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 12:55:35 pm »

As for OMG tank don't be so mad each time you here it being mentioned man.

Shab, I don't know if you are just  retarded or just  stupid. Seriously dude, everything that comes out of your mouth is the most horrid shit I deal with.

What your dumb ass doesn't know is how hard I tried to merge the two mods. In fact you idiot, I spent hours teaching myself how to code, then used that knowledge to build a new website with the sole intention of creating a new mod with a merger between Eir and OMG.

So let me set something straight you moron, I have nothing but respect for their mod and have always had respect for their mod. That is why I say "If OMG is the game you prefer, then I suggest you continue to play OMG." Because I have no intentions of changing this mod to become that mod.

So shab, once again you are shooting off your big mouth without engaging your brain.

I think the only other person that pisses me off like you do is Windcriesmarry and we all know how that worked out!
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 01:07:57 pm »

You cry for information about vanilla meta game. I told you tank what it is like playing vanilla vs vanilla and i back my words with my experience. And for the record i had almost done analysis of vanilla meta game with 3 full a4 format pages. Since i get such a great feedback from you i gues you can go and fuck yourself and i am not wasting my time giving advices or sharing my game experience with such a ignorant asshole.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 01:17:20 pm »

You cry for information about vanilla meta game. I told you tank what it is like playing vanilla vs vanilla and i back my words with my experience. And for the record i had almost done analysis of vanilla meta game with 3 full a4 format pages. Since i get such a great feedback from you i gues you can go and fuck yourself and i am not wasting my time giving advices or sharing my game experience with such a ignorant asshole.

Great to hear. Move along now.
GreatManagerofPeople Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 04:27:26 pm »

Seriously shab, don't even bother. You're not going to be able to get through to him -- he's not capable of reasoned discussion once his temper runs away with him.

Last few games I played in EiR over the past few weeks took hours to get because so few people were in the launcher... now it's not even worth trying. EiR was a brilliant mod once upon the time and hopefully it will be again some day.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 07:39:09 am »

Seriously shab, don't even bother. You're not going to be able to get through to him -- he's not capable of reasoned discussion once his temper runs away with him.

Last few games I played in EiR over the past few weeks took hours to get because so few people were in the launcher... now it's not even worth trying. EiR was a brilliant mod once upon the time and hopefully it will be again some day.

Wind, I have turned a blind eye to you returning to the mod. Don't take that as I am too stupid to know you are here. I have ignored your return as a sign of good faith, don't fuck it up.
I have also seen you on my teamspeak server on multiple occasions and have not banned you from it - don't fuck that up either.
GreatManagerofPeople Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 08:36:33 pm »

Wind, I have turned a blind eye to you returning to the mod. Don't take that as I am too stupid to know you are here. I have ignored your return as a sign of good faith, don't fuck it up.
I have also seen you on my teamspeak server on multiple occasions and have not banned you from it - don't fuck that up either.

Hell don't stand on ceremony for me Tank, you can ban me from whatever you want for all the good it ever has done or ever will. EiR is your party and you can (and will) cry if you want to -- you've proven that long since by now.

But not a month has gone by since I was "banned" that I didn't get games in. 12 hours after the final ban I played a 4v4. Fun if you want to pretend you knew, but you and I both know you didn't.

And there was only one thing you could have ever done to actually stop it, and it's a damn tragedy that you finally succeeded: mismanaging the mod and its people so thoroughly into the ground that for a while now it hasn't even been worth circumventing the impotent ban secretly.

So though I wish it weren't true, in the end you won.  Bravo Tank. All hail Ozymandias king of kings... lord of ruins.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:38:24 pm by GreatManagerofPeople » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 10:23:39 am »

Wow, really? Where's the respect. None of you have to play this FREE mod that people are spending their free time creating for your enjoyment. What is wrong with you? I'ts 2015, i haven't been around for months, maybe a year and it's still the same shit, grow the fuck up already.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 10:44:47 pm »

Yeah, locking this topic.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc