Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:25:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R017 - LiveNov 18/2015  (Read 11792 times)
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2015, 10:54:10 am »

I actually don't really give a flying fuck anymore to be honest. I am shutting it all down at the end of December, so enjoy it while you can Smiley

Sad

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2015, 11:14:02 am »

It's because a bunch of people in this thread pissed Tank off with their crap. Maybe if people didn't piss him off this wouldn't have happened? BTW this is also a cue to stop pissing him off.

Not really Tig, I would not say a bunch of people in this thread. Although, Chefy's little remark after yours is certainly one of the reasons I have lost my appetite for this mod.

Love or hate me, the bottom line is the mod is mine. Lets be honest, 3 years ago Eirrmod was going to shut it down and I convinced him not to by taking it over  financially and motivating him to a small extent.

What went wrong is we never took the step of officially announcing the mod was mine. I never truly stepped in and took full control, I tried to play along with "we are all a team" with no decision being made without a group consensus. That got even worse when "the group" allowed the vocal minority to alter the direction of the mod.

What we have now is an environment where the community feels they can shit on me with out impunity and a member of the Dev team who is rotting it from the inside out.

The curious thing is: If Eirrmod was ever shit on the way I am shit on, you would be removed with out question. In fact, there would be shock and outrage if the person was not removed.
If Eirrmod told the Dev to change the game, the previous Dev team would all jump on board and find a way to make it happen. Simple as that really - Crunch numbers to make it balance and get it done.

Today we have dev members who publicly lash out if they disagree. Practically refuse to code something because they disagree. Hell, even publicly and verbally on Teamspeak insult me or stab me in the back.

At the end of the day this post will to many of the dick heads appear as a woe is me post. Many of you think I have no patience, but those same people have no idea how much shit I tolerate or ignore just to keep this mod alive for those same ungrateful ignorant people.

This is not about woe is me. This is about absolutely despising coming to these forums, yet forcing myself to do so each day to try and keep it going. I watched this mod degrade into shit with a Dev team refusing to listen to change and being led by a little group of vocal elitists. That same group of elitists that think "newbs should have to pay their dues to be here" rather than make the changes that keep new people here.......bah the list goes on.

This mod can be completely saved and become an even better mod, but it can't with out changes. It starts with a Dev team that looks forward rather than backward. A dev team that realizes this is not a realism mod, or realizes we can truly change any unit or stat into anything we want.
I don't give a fuck what units used to do and I certainly don't care about realism. Other than tanks run on tracks, vehicles have tires, and little dudes run on boots, this is a video game and realism can be shoved up your ass - Volks.

I digress. It is the community attitude and the Dev team attitude towards myself that has finally got shit enough that I have lost my taste for this game. Hell, even Windcriesmarry still comes by with his taunts and insults; Blaming me for the downfall of the mod. I guess he can feel good about himself now - it was my battles with him that really pushed me into a hatred of the community.

I truly don't see what would motivate me to want to continue. Part of me does not want to give up. This is the only game I play. But when I look at posts like Chefy's and posts like Volks, I just say why the fuck bother? When I have guys like Metz telling me to go fuck myself in my own teamspeak and Volks defending him, I think why bother.

Am I dick at times - yup, you betacha. You can guarantee I will be a complete dick just seconds after someone is an asshole towards me. I have never been a dick towards someone who is positive and helpful.
I will always be a dick to someone who is negative, self serving, or egotistical. If I have been a dick towards you, you have been in that category.

Well, there's a wall of text....LOL
The haters will post their hate. The rest of you, it has been fun at times and I will miss the game as much as you.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2015, 01:29:01 pm »

Well, guess what Tank, you were still skipper of this ship. YOU were in charge, so don't blame anyone else. Don't blame the community, the other dev team members, you were still skipper. Don't try to put on the responsibility on anyone else.

Also, again your claims of saving the mod. You never really saved the mod, your motivation was to stay the skipper of this ship. I know at LEAST of 3 serious offers made by several past and current players (These where serious offers made in 2012/13 to take over server maintenance/payment, coding, and other functions). I made one of those offers with 2 other players (1 former coder and another long timer member of this community). Guess what? You and EIRRMod said no to every one of them.  

You want to know why the Dev team and community have this "attitude" you? It's because of your almost degrading treatment of them, and a lot of other mods would have disintegrated with some of the stuff that has been said to this community/lower Dev team members.

Though you know what can save this mod? New management. Right now there is a saying that holds true for this mod at the moment.

The fish rots from the head
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 01:31:37 pm by terrapinsrock » Logged

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2015, 01:49:23 pm »

I go out for ONE evening... Jesus fuck mothering christ people.

Tank, it sounds like we need to have a chat, either via PM's or TS.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2015, 02:02:08 pm »

Well, guess what Tank, you were still skipper of this ship. YOU were in charge, so don't blame anyone else. Don't blame the community, the other dev team members, you were still skipper. Don't try to put on the responsibility on anyone else.

Also, again your claims of saving the mod. You never really saved the mod, your motivation was to stay the skipper of this ship. I know at LEAST of 3 serious offers made by several past and current players (These where serious offers made in 2012/13 to take over server maintenance/payment, coding, and other functions). I made one of those offers with 2 other players (1 former coder and another long timer member of this community). Guess what? You and EIRRMod said no to every one of them.  

You want to know why the Dev team and community have this "attitude" you? It's because of your almost degrading treatment of them, and a lot of other mods would have disintegrated with some of the stuff that has been said to this community/lower Dev team members.

Though you know what can save this mod? New management. Right now there is a saying that holds true for this mod at the moment.

The fish rots from the head

Well, this pretty much sums up why I am done with the mod.

BTW Terrapin, If you were willing to take on all the financial - where are the donations you made?

Eirrmod did not trust you or the other offers you have mentioned - there was probably a reason he had, but you need to take that up with him, not me.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 02:38:04 pm »

BTW Terrapin, If you were willing to take on all the financial - where are the donations you made?

Eirrmod did not trust you or the other offers you have mentioned - there was probably a reason he had, but you need to take that up with him, not me.

I made over $250 worth of donations to the financial black hole that is the donation Paypal account, which I may put to your attention is still in EIRRMod's name even though he is no longer in charge of the mod. I would have easily donated more, but I decided not to because A) By late 2013, who knows where that money was going B) By 2014, everyone who isn't a moron could tell that the mod was going nowhere under this leadership.

EIRRMod never he gave me a reason for rejecting my offer. I was just told straight up no by you and him.

Good, maybe we can open the windows and finally get the fresh air we need to start anew.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:40:18 pm by terrapinsrock » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2015, 03:00:34 pm »

Terrapin, you're shovelling out a lot of shit towards Tank without knowing half of the story.

Tank has a small page's worth of faults, but in this case, he's got a point and is in the right for what shit is going down. A disproportionate reaction perhaps, but coming from a solid point.

I have always stood up for the person that is right, and it's had me backing up some strange fucking people at times. I even stood up for Shab once when he was being done over unjustly.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2015, 01:18:10 am »

Ha hahahaha fuck eir

Cunts fucked
This whole mod has been circling the drain like a poop in the bathtub.

Financially andy has crowd funded this thing for years with his 2k of donations

What's fucked us is the players giving feed back on what's wrong, tank saying no my mod my design.

Also the talk of eir 2 didn't help things.

Thanks for the games fuckers I'll see ya's round the twist

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2015, 04:06:54 am »

Ha hahahaha fuck eir

Cunts fucked
This whole mod has been circling the drain like a poop in the bathtub.

Financially andy has crowd funded this thing for years with his 2k of donations

What's fucked us is the players giving feed back on what's wrong, tank saying no my mod my design.

Also the talk of eir 2 didn't help things.

Thanks for the games fuckers I'll see ya's round the twist

I guess, that Corps already has PTSD. What a disaster really :/

Anyway. Was fun with all of you. Ended up with lungs cancer, but I guess it was kind of okay. Call me on steam if there's one more game Smiley

It's because a bunch of people in this thread pissed Tank off with their crap. Maybe if people didn't piss him off this wouldn't have happened? BTW this is also a cue to stop pissing him off.

*cough* It was actualy people who thought they can make whole new system for EiR. To make it happen tank had to disable doctrines for further balancing, but nobody expected coders to get bored halfway through. *cough*

Now we have EiR without doctrines, which, if you ask me, is far less enjoyable. But hey! There are people who still play the mod, so it's not that dead yet, right?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 04:27:54 am by GrayWolf » Logged

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2015, 05:46:20 am »

Or maybe tank130 you could do like OMG developers do? Leave mod as it's now. When mentally you will be up for working and making something happen you will do it. I am not sure but looks like you approach this game like it's your duty instead of hobby. Game is for fun not for making you stress. My advice for you just take a break for a while until you will get your taste back for EIR:R. Correct me if i am wrong but I doubt it's a chalenge for you to pay server bills. After all it's your own game so do whatever you want i am just saying it's always will be ignorant assholes (including me lol) who will make you mad but you are an adult persons to choose what it's worth for you to pay attention to and what is not worth.

EIR:R was my first game i have ever played. I have never been a fam of gaming nut this mod was too good to not try it. I enjoyed every second of it and i hope will continue doing it in the future. Anyway if you will shut it down i will understand that but what i am asking is cool down your emotions before doing that.

Cheers
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 03:43:14 am »

Sweet patch tho

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 07:59:21 am »

A lot of knee-jerk reactions were posted in this thread, and a lot of shit that I will have the benefit of the doubt and say people would take back if they had the opportunity.

A fresh thread for R017 feedback on it's changes will be made, but this one will be locked.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc