Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:19:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Misinformation officer  (Read 2736 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: November 22, 2015, 09:20:20 pm »

Heads up  - there is a changing of the guard

Hicks - aka  Sir Wagglepuss III. is now a member of the Dev team. His role is essentially everything from moderation, crowd control, liaison between Dev team and community, and whatever it takes to keep me from shutting this shit down.

We are also moving the mod forward in a bit different direction. Essentially what that means is I will direct the design, I will take input from our Dev team and we will put out what we feel is the product we want to present. It will be something we feel is correct and we hope you do as well.

Hicks has convinced me that, if I am the guy that takes the fall for everything that goes wrong here and I am the guy that keeps it a float through thick & thin; then I should be the guy calling the shots.

Contrary to how some of you think, I have never pushed the mod one way or another. I have never been the one controlling how it is designed or balanced. My role has always been one of trying to keep it organized  - that's it. To the dickhead that pointed his finger at me stated "the fish riots from the head down", you are correct, except you are pointing the finger at the wrong guy. Eirrmod was always the guy in charge of design and was always our lead coder. He made promises after promises for years and never followed through. I asked him hundreds of times for a design document and he never produced one. The rest of the dev team flounder from idea to idea with no clear definition of where the mod was supposed to go.

Don't get me wrong, I am not throwing Eirrmod under the bus. He did what he could do and he did what he wanted to do. He is a creative guy with a skill for launcher code. Outside of that, he is very unorganized and lacks motivation after he gets bored with a project. I have nothing but respect for the guy, he just didn't excel at follow thru.

Our options moving forward are very limited because we do not have the skill set to alter the launcher. Our new work will have to be created around a somewhat broken system unless someone with Eirrmod's skill comes along.

Bottom line is - the new direction will be my direction. If it sinks, I will be to blame. If it succeeds, it will be a well earned reward.

Hicks knows my intolerance for shit disturbers and he will not be light handed in his approach. If you have some positive input you want to share in a constructive manner please share it. If your intent is nothing more than to be critical or insulting, you will be removed.

Cheers,
Tank

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 09:29:48 pm »

It's 3:30 AM here so my initial post on this matter will be a short and to the point one.

Yes I am taking a moderator post, amongst other smaller roles to ensure that the mod gets back on track and key individuals do not pull their hair out.

If people are civil and can refrain from being colossal dickbags, my job will be a relatively simple one and as far as the community is concerned, it'll be business as usual.

How severe or easy going I come down on you guys is entirely in your hands, but know I will have zero patience for impeding the progress of the mod.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 01:09:40 am »

Smiley

The boat is still afloat.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 02:20:07 am »

It's a great news! Cheets to hicks for steping up and tank130 for keeping EIR:R alive  Smiley

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 08:24:10 am »

Right, now that it isn't 3:30AM...

I will add a further note to what I've already said.

Everybody still present in the community will have a clean slate from MY perspective. Everybody will be treated equally, but according to the guidelines set in place.

Said guidelines are to be found here and adhered to unless decided otherwise (In which case, there will be an obvious announcement): http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=25046.0

I will also be acting as liaison between the dev team and the community. If there is any feedback, any commentary or any concerns directly related to the dev team, I will be your first port of call. Attempting to head to either the coders or Tank first will result in a catastrophic loss of care on my part to deal with whatever you may wish to bring up, be it good or bad. We've spent far too much time having key individuals tied up in shit they don't need to. The only notable exception to this of course, will be technical support.

That aside, if there are any concerns people wish to bring up, my PM box is always open, and the disputes section is still there for game-related mishaps.

Finally, whilst I will be handling the bulk of moderation and other small tasks, keep it firmly in mind that Tank's word is final. Pissing him off directly whilst we're getting shit back in gear is ill-advised.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc