As many of you have seen, in-game development of 2.0 is well-underway.  The video I've posted of the emplacement represent a lot of work thus far.  I was met with issue after issue, hurdle after hurdle of getting them to work satisfactorily in a 'persistent' environment.  Giving them the ability to both retreat and relocate ended up being much harder than originally expected, but I think I've just about got all the problems resolved.  Hopefully I don't run into any more major issues. ...Read More
First of all, I wanted to let everyone know that we were selected as one of ten mods for ModDB.com's Editor's Choice Awards.  You can view the run-down here: http://www.moddb.com/events/2007-mod-of-the-year-awards/features/25958/editors-choice-winners-showcase

Furthermore, we've been announcing something 'big' within the next two weeks recently.  I'm sure you think we are calling out another date only to let you down again, and well, we may.  But we have adjusted our goals to get you something worth playing sooner than trying to push out a huge release riddled with bugs.  Ideally we wanted to run the two systems side by side, but we think moving everything over to 2.0 is best.  So, without further ado, our statement is:

We hope to be releasing a 2.0 beta in the next two weeks.  This will release will incorporate both OF factions, the Panzer Elite and the British.  In addition, it will move us to a new website and incorporate new features such as single resource purchasing, the rating system, and a new feature called 'War Points'. 

This release will be a step-back in some regards as certain veterancy and doctrine issues will not be initially available.  However, we hope to be able to incorporate them very quickly.  We are confident that you will enjoy what we are bringing to the table in 2.0.  It has been under design for quite a while and should be a great chance for us to really prove ourselves in the modding arena.

Last night I released the first Europe In Ruins OF Compatibility patch. This patch is extremely 'alpha' and will require extensive testing. Since last night, we've already found quite a few bugs. If you aren't into testing buggy software, I urge you to wait a little bit longer before attempting to play Europe In Ruins. That said, this is a huge step-foward in getting the modification back working again since the release of Opposing Fronts.

I want to thank those of you who showed your support with donations! I received over $130 from 4 members! Your support is ultimately what pushed me to put my nose to the grindstone and get this ball rolling faster than it was before. The community owes you a great debt of gratitude.
Hey guys, I know I haven't been around in a while.  I've been trying to finish up a project at work and spending a little more time with the wife to help keep her happy.

The update to EIR to fix all the things broken by the release of OF was nearly complete before I went on this hiatus and I hope to be able to look more into it this weekend (hopefully even fix it and release it). ...Read More
Europe In Ruins is no longer working in COH v2.101.  We will be working on getting a new version out (v1.9) that is compatible, then integrating OF (v2.0).  This is going to take some time and we appreciate your patience.

Feel free to use our TS server for any other games or community activities you want during this time.  We will be having a re-launch for v2.0 with a new website, lots of tutorials, launcher chat (already part-way done), and other cool features to help make playing EIR that much easier.

If you have any questions, let me know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc