Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 04:40:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brits are OP  (Read 15336 times)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 25, 2011, 09:42:09 am »

Sharing my most successful company build since starting EIRR, how ever long ago that was. I've had requests so no i'm not here to boast/brag, I know i'm not the best player around, just trying to show others what I do and what works for me!

I've been in love with RCA since I started the mod, and with the new doctrines, RCA have proven themselves to be the most powerful doctrine out of the lot that have been developed thus far due to the blanket buffs that tree's give to ALL units in the British arsenal.

This company only consists of a few core units, these being the ones that benefit most from the doctrine buffs given to them.

Advantages have gone triple fuel to allow for 5 Cromwells, a Firefly and a Command Tank. This allows you to take more risks with the tanks and have it pay off. All croms have flank speed and repairs, the FF just has repairs and the CCT has ALL upgrades. Smoke is essential. You'll find your CCT sitting behind shot blockers providing you sight for the whole game, and when it gets to vet 3, you'll find the sight radius is so huge you can even leave it behind your lines and it'll still provide sight on the frontline  Grin. I guess this could be considered 'spam', but I just consider it using my resources effectively to how the doctrine buffs affect my troops. Ideally running heavy on tanks and having no LV's leaves a window open for counters, but we'll address these later.

Why croms? They receive +25% accuracy. These aren't your vCoH croms! They'll almost ALWAYS hit infantry on every shot. With less reload with vet stacked with CCT you should be doing pretty well with these monsters! I've always thought it was horribly OP, but apparently people beg to differ.

To those that don't understand incremental accuracy, I believe it works like this:
Brens recieve 2% incremental accuracy. There are five men in a volk squad. If a volk squad attacks your brens, the brens will recieve 8% accuracy as there are four other men in the area. If the enemy blobs up 2 volk squads and sends them at you, brens will recieve an additional 18% accuracy against the first man. This stacks with LT and vet bonuses, proving quite handy in clutch situations. Please, someone correct me if i'm wrong!

Frontline officers is important due to the increase in detection, and sight for CCT. Brits struggle against snipers, and because this company doesn't have a bren carrier, you're going to have to rely on marksman shot and Artillery Spotting to get you through this. This is the one weakness i've found for this company -- a sniper will mess it up real bad. Then again, if you're not constantly being aggressive with this company then you've already started failing! Now lit up is probably the best t1 i've ever seen, this is a must have for scaring off enemies, or allowing your brens to be EVEN better with marksman training. Just a few quick things to observe:

• 2 minute recharge on vet 3 marksmen.  Grin  Grin  Grin
  • Bren LMG range = a must have. Instant denial. Stack with LT and CCT smoke when necessary and you have 5 pop defending the WHOLE frontline for AI, and an extremely survivable squad at that.

As for the company build, I'll just provide links to avoid the lag. tbh I'm just trying out rifle nades atm, you can substitute that for whatever else is necessary, maybe another capt with foo.

Highlights:
  • 5 cromwells and a firefly
  • Epic bren squads, and five of them with a CCS and cap for survivability
  • 2 minute marksman at vet 3, 3 squads to counter support weapon spam and snipers
  • Up to 6 offmaps (4 doctrinal if you choose to purchase [which i don't endorse, such a dick tactic!],  FOO on 12m recharge)
    • Some parts are interchangable (Riflenades & piat squads can be changed to units of your choice without affecting company composition
    • Extremely simple to use, only having a few units makes decisions easy in game, allowing you to concentrate on your micro

Lowlights:
    • If you struggle with micro, keeping CCT/Capt/LT alive might be a huge issue
    • Good tank micro is helpful, not essential, but if you can't use croms well then you might struggle to use this company effectively
    • This company is to be used extremely aggressively. It is not a sit and wait company, it struggles against WM support spam due to no long range artillery or mortars (though the option for mortar pits is there)
    • This company doesn't benefit too well from anything teammates can provide, this company packs its own counters to mostly everything the enemy could throw at you. If you're looking for synergy with a teammate, this isn't the best idea (unless he has 5 25 pounders or something  Grin)

Starting callin:
    CCT, Cromwell, Bren squad, Sappers w/ Piats, Cap w/ FOO.

Bring on the trolls Sad

DOCTRINE 1: http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/699/dc1j.jpg (Starting callin, mg + mortar, piat sappers, 2x riflenades + LT, cromwell)
    DOCTRINE 2: http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/865/dc2k.jpg (FF, 3 croms, 4atg's)
    DOCTRINE 3: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4571/dc3u.jpg (4 bren squads, one with CCT, 3 marksman)
    DOCTRINE 4: http://img52.imageshack.us/i/dc4l.jpg/ (2 inf squads, 1 sapper w/ minesweeper)
I cbf writing more, it's currently 2am, so I apologize if it's horrible grammatically.
- Enkk
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 09:51:36 am by spinn72 » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:50:41 am »

weak company, nothing op about it.
It's not OP/gimmick if people are not raging ingame  or quitting etc.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 10:00:00 am »

it works well for you but might not for other players. everyone has their style spinn, until you see like 10 p[layers with this build its not

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 10:01:19 am »

it works well for you but might not for other players. everyone has their style spinn, until you see like 10 p[layers with this build its not

ALLIES ARE OP !! NURF !!!!!!111
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 10:23:59 am »

My terror company pisses with righteous indignation upon the face of your haughty RCA pretender company.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 10:33:27 am »

Get rid of 1 crommwell and buy a single recon squad and place it in a bren carrier, it an all around scout and it can snipe from the carrier its an great anti sniper with the decloac range.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 10:54:55 am »

i believe ive played against you and its awesome to see the cromwells rock this hard, in fact its almost made me go RCA, but I dont play brits too often anyways.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 10:58:49 am »

i <3 my brits even if i'm not very good with them. in 4v4's, having bat hq comes well in handy. the +2 pop and -33% team call in timer is really nice. You may be getting beaten but you can call in fresh troopers faster than the other team and you'll always have a man advantage and my beautiful vet 3 25 <3 it just r0x ur s0x
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 11:07:00 am »

You know all timer reducing abilities never worked right?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 11:14:05 am »

Im thinking Brits are "OP" b/c i see them perform well alot of times, lots of spamming units for sure. But axis does that too.
Rather have 2 brit allies instead of US. I seem to win or perform well when i have brits on my team while a full US is usually fail. I have no data to share other from experience the teams i played in.

Now does this mean brits are OP or is the US just full of flaws?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 11:33:31 am »

I think the problem lies in rifles, inherently weak, and dont receive any buffs outside of infantry doctrine *unless you count Boys ATs as buff, but that's more of an upgrade imo), rangers and AB are expensive esp poolwise, so the old tactic of using a lot of these strong units isn't seen.

Right now the most powerful US doctrine is Armor, Infantry could really use some buffs to be up to par (get first aid working well and get the few bugs worked out, and a few other kinks and infantry will be a force to be reckoned with), and AB is only effective if you spam AB snipers, which just recently got nerfed/fixed along with the medics, which I find silly, why take the tiny advantages away from those units in a doctrine that is barely in tact.

Compare that to Brits which have RCA which is a great looking doctrine, Commandos which is powerful, and even RE which has about the same amount of things AB does, but is still incredibly well versed atm.

And compare all that to terror which is incomplete, but incredibly powerful as well.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:57:04 am by RikiRude » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 11:50:28 am »

Undying squad that heals itself infinently and a cloak running unit that can snipe infantry. I wonder if they are so ridicilous that people claim...hmm...

On the other hand Infantry doctorine is shit. When I look at the Tier 4s NONE of them buffs infantry at all...TR buffs bazookas and atgs, Lock'n'Load only support weapons and Operation Overlord just armor. I mean wtf? Where is my lovely infantry buffs!

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 11:56:11 am »

Brits are the best out there right now.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 12:03:15 pm »

lmao

you gotta seriously be kidding me. IF ur going to troll, troll harder.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 12:10:08 pm »

lmao

you gotta seriously be kidding me. IF ur going to troll, troll harder.

They really are, best infantry, best buffs, best arty, best support, great tanks, etc.

Brits are amazingly good right now.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 12:11:38 pm »

glad to see people agree with the US inf doc being weak. Armour is pretty good b/c it makes strong units stronger. Adding 10% to a strong unit means alot, adding 20% to a weak unit that dies easy isnt doing me any favors. Maybe people see brits as OP b/c they are a lot better than US forces, so tactics used that will wipe US forces easy wont hold against Brits?

Brits are OP in the sense of PE being OP. All u need is to spam 1-3 units over and over and thats that.

They should put caps based per unit, not per type. To avoid spamming better.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:15:17 pm by Poppi » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 12:26:48 pm »

No. You obviously have not played them recently. RCA is however a lot better than the other two fail doctrines whos only good unit is piatmandos and 17pdr.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:31:13 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 12:30:23 pm »

He has, but him and the people that were playing with him were all spamming stuff (in the game that i played) and they used it to great effect.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 12:37:36 pm »

RCA 95mm croms fail hard. Nuff' said.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 12:46:05 pm »

That is like saying that stuhs fail.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc