Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:44:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things for next patch.  (Read 15124 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2009, 10:08:36 am »

piat commando's need a serious price nerf, ditto mortar and hmg, for their usefulness and the price vs other units of the same type, they're just too expensive.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 10:36:55 am »

Punishment for people dropping in games. I got a draw instead of a loss yesterday because my team mate dropped near the end. We where soundly beaten and the enemy didn't get there win for it. That's balls. My team mate was doing nothing malicious just leaving.

People should be encouraged to stay in games to the end, If you leave before the game end you WILL get a loss.

Pwanawan baby!
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 05:26:17 pm »

less PP for draws than losses? because theres no legimate way to draw a game is there?
Hicks359
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 05:58:44 pm »

I'd like to see the Piat Commandos scrapped all together and have the Piats as an upgrade for the standard Commandos.

That or a downprice on the Piat Commandos and a slight health increase on the normal Commandos to make them feel like they are actually worth the somewhat huge investment.

Wouldnt mind the launcher having the lag reduced so the thing doesnt chop up your sentences... Type fast enough and it fails to remember the order in which you have typed somehow, so you get a choppy sentence, sometimes to funny results.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2009, 06:10:47 pm »

Draws will begin to give no PP rewards after a certain point.

Its not in yet, but will be soon.
So you have been warned - high draw rates will punish you. (And the players you are with =/)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2009, 07:06:29 pm »

So you have been warned - high draw rates will punish you. (And the players you are with =/)

yay.... wait .... what?

Punish the victims? lol...

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 07:18:32 pm »

It would be a better result ultimately if there simply were no draws. 

Is it possible to either 1) Let the game continue on when it does not desynch or 2) When it does desynch, award a loss to the team whose player desynched first?

EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2009, 05:09:15 am »

I would have though giving a Loss to the guy that dropped and letting the game play out normally would be a better Idea.

Besides people with a shit load of wins and draws but fuck all losses, well its pretty obvious what's happening there.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2009, 05:31:46 am »

I would have though giving a Loss to the guy that dropped and letting the game play out normally would be a better Idea.

Besides people with a shit load of wins and draws but fuck all losses, well its pretty obvious what's happening there.

Or they could, you know, be actually good and hardly ever lose, so all those draws are from games they would've won.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2009, 10:41:30 am »

Just mentioned this in a different thread:

What might be useful in the Control panel is if the mouse scrolls over something a little description pops up.

For example:

Scrolling over "Create" with the mouse would say "Clicking create, will make a game for others to join, you will be able to decide game size and battle type."

Scrolling over "Join" with the mouse would say "This will allow you to join the game you have currently selected provided there is space for you faction."

And so on.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2009, 10:50:50 am »

Does anyone else want the new vet list in? Cause that would be just fine with me.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2009, 06:21:32 pm »

Quote from: EIRRMod: Big Important Guy
Different team members do the unit balances than the former requests.

And, unit balance is the whole POINT to this stage - until its closer to a correct balance, you wont see the other bits implemented (even if they are in the launcher, just disabled)

Well the way I see it, wouldn't balancing the units around the massive gameplay concepts that are resource bonuses, doctrinal unlocks, and newb advantages make more sense than balancing the units... then re-balancing them again once the bonuses and unlocks are released? I mean, it's balance them once against balance them twice - balancing them once seems like a lot less work.

I guess it's up to you guys, though Smiley

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2009, 06:40:59 am »

The idea is that you balance each stage accordingly so that your end product will be better balanced.
In a scenario in which you try to balance the game with doctrines, vet, advantages and pricing right off the bat, its much harder to identify certain balance issues. Is it the vet that is causing the imbalance? Is it the doctrine abilities affecting these units? Or is it simply the unit's price that is incorrect?

Therefore its important that first you strike somewhat of a balance with just unit pricing and veterancy, before adding in doctrines and eventually advantages. Simply adding up 3 balanced 'parts' followed by minor finetuning is easier than starting off with the parts added together to then try and balance them.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 09:05:37 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2009, 09:02:58 am »

maby my idea for purchasable sprint on PE assualt grens?
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=8493.msg148980;topicseen#new

Duvka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2009, 05:15:03 pm »

Teller mines should trigger when ATG's step over them.
Like in vCoH.

Profile's: Duvka, Razor, KleinInDerHosen, Akvud.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc