Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:18:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smurfs  (Read 5345 times)
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 09, 2009, 09:15:17 am »

okay, i can understand having a name different than say teamspeak or whatever.  But lately i have been noticing some Knobs using this far fetch idiot type names.. you go in the game and well, they have some vetted up units and well ya they know what they are doing etc..

mediocre players like me tend to just get raped pretty bad at times, and its hard to find a game where u can compete..   how do these guys do this?  they have 18 20 wins and it shows up under their name?  do you just go to website and change the relic name associated with your EIR logon name?Huh  this is stupid, just keep your normal name.

and my id i use for EIRR is USVCorps fyi.

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 09:40:10 am »

It´s better to not let more people know how to do it :p, anyway... it isn´t really hard to figure it out.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 09:41:37 am »

We are aware of this issue and will resolve it.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 09:51:13 am »

Look, if you completely remove smurfing its just gonna lock people into playing the same games with the same people over and over again for the core group which plays the most.

Already now I cant even remember my last game without Killer, Pak, Elitegrenadier, Pauli, Draken etc insert random douchebag name here.

Smurfing allows you to relax, just chill and play the game. Its also a great way to test new stuff without someone going "oh that is smokaz, he has xxx rangers" or "there goes unknown, he always starts with a sniper".

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 10:32:34 am »

So don't always play only with your chosen teammate? I've picked up quite a few games with random people, and if I lose, ah well.

You'd be amazed how much easier it is to get games than setting up a team and just sitting in launcher.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 10:42:06 am »

there goes unknown, he always starts with a sniper

Lies
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 02:22:08 pm »

Setting up teams is commonly reffered to as stacking I believe.

Scrubs Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 02:30:15 pm »

It's completely ridiculous, because the smurfs are stacking teams- teams of vet players with zero wins and zero losses- even ACTING like newbies

"how i join game" etc.

If you wanted to turn casual or new players off the game, that's a way, right there. Personally, even /I'm/ considering jumping ship with all the kind of nasty shenanigans these smurfs have been doing to the game.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 06:48:05 pm »

I told you so.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 07:24:55 pm »

Unfortunatly this is not native to EIRR but existed in EIR as well.

We did have blind games but people complained, so that was removed. 

This is more about community spirit and general fair play than anything else.

Interestingly there are some posteres here who did the whole feign ingnorance or taken on a different persona to stomp and further confuse the average player.

We are trying our best to code and develop a system, until then i guess its left to the player to decide what is right and what is wrong and morality has always been a constant battle between the right thing to do vs the wrong so i doubt this will change much with the nature of online PC gaming as it stands.

puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 07:25:50 pm »

any place you go to even Vcoh there are smurfs, IN battlefield servers COD servers there are smurfs....  

Some issues can be resolved but ya knwo what, I even smurf on vary rare occasions when i don;t feel liek listenign to people complain.  

And the ironic part, When i smurfed in EIR, people wouldn;t complain about my tactics, they would say GG if i won or lost.  It was relaxing.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 11:34:15 pm »

I think there's a difference between hiding your identity and baiting. Especially when stacking is involved. Smurfing can be either.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 12:14:06 am »

Smurfing is only bad if the smurfs are doing it to nubstomp.

Just stop being a gay baby and play everyone, you will get better much faster.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 12:15:01 am »

Setting up teams is commonly reffered to as stacking I believe.

So everyone who's ever played 2v2 AT in a stacker?

Wow.   Stacking is only when you intentionally avoid playing players of the same caliber as yourself.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 12:44:12 am »

It's completely ridiculous, because the smurfs are stacking teams- teams of vet players with zero wins and zero losses- even ACTING like newbies

"how i join game" etc.

If you wanted to turn casual or new players off the game, that's a way, right there. Personally, even /I'm/ considering jumping ship with all the kind of nasty shenanigans these smurfs have been doing to the game.

This right here sums of the problems of bad smurfing. because smokaz sounds right, it is probably nice to play under a different name with a new company. but when you play a 3v3 and the names are unfamiliar and the people are acting like they don't know how to play, and the game starts and they have everything at vet 1 & 2 it's pretty annoying. i haven't had this problem lately, but I played one game where things seemed like they were going to be pretty balanced, you know the more balanced usually means the more fun, because i had a new guy on my team. but nope, they roll out with all these vetted units, and it's just like wtf... really? you had to go behind peoples backs to have a stacked stomping team, retarded.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc