Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:32:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reinforcements [Now i get it]  (Read 5584 times)
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« on: March 10, 2009, 06:14:45 pm »

Not after like 40 games i understand what you guys mean with Reinforcements.
Not like "eir:Reinforcements" but just Reinforcements.
So... I am Wher, and I can buy PE units?
Ehhhh? Wtf?

So one player can have Rangers and Airborne? O.o

Is it just me or do some one ells dislikes this Reinforcements thing.
I find it... Wrong
And it hard to spot also Tongue
Whats the point of it? Have a source of PP cost?

I feel its against Eir to be abel too play two factions sides with 1 company.

Why cant we have veir with the 2 new factions and the new combat system?
Right now I miss it a bit

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
VariantThirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 06:28:52 pm »

You aren't the only one that dislikes it.

I really don't like it much at all. Encourages too much diversity, and too little specificity. On the whole, I don't like how the PP system has worked much, I think a lot of the old problems with EiR could have been fixed with simple numbers changes, and not a massive overhaul like this.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 06:33:34 pm »

Hello? 

Knock knock... Mc Fly Anyone there?

Do you have to purchase reinforcements? No.  Do you have to purtchase PE if your Wher?  No.  In fact it can Increase Spoecificity by making Availibility more of blitzkrig by allowing another Stuh, So heavy Support by adding MGs. 

Reinforments were ment to add Some diversity if you want it. 

Yout don;t have to have it.  You can use ur PP on availibility and forego Reinforments and vet too, Increasing your narrow vision on only certain units.... 

Rienforments are ment to allow a slight twist so that you can diversify if you want with the availibility and suprise people.  One game you don;lt use any PE units, the next you have 2 Falls swquads. 

Not to ,mention its only a few squads.... More they need PP for plus you need the resources ffor it.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 06:39:22 pm »

Yeah man if you want more specificity you can always choose your same doctrine again as Reinforcements.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 06:40:26 pm »

The entire PP system isnt in.

First we balance the units, and the In reserve / supply rates - which control spam.

At the moment, there are no other PP sinks, so it doesnt work quite right yet.

Patience grasshopper ;p

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 07:34:24 pm »

pp system is better than having a guy with twice as much Resource than you

But mixing units.. Naaah man. C mon man (Apex style)
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 07:35:31 pm »

Its more like, Now i can have a scout car that heals my grens (wher)
Its just perfect
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 08:57:21 pm »

It is... and I love it, so? I had to pay for it.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 09:28:45 pm »

like puddin said, you don't have to have it.

but still...i'd like a chance to get rid of it if i dont want it as I'm not too hot on my brit reinforcements, i just dont use 'em. I might when the rb's get in but for now, nah, too expensive.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 10:02:22 pm »

Its more like, Now i can have a scout car that heals my grens (wher)
Its just perfect

Exactly.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 11:15:27 pm »

and now I can have a firefly with my rangers...watch out panthers.
VariantThirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 03:49:03 am »

Hello? 

Knock knock... Mc Fly Anyone there?

Do you have to purchase reinforcements? No.  Do you have to purtchase PE if your Wher?  No.  In fact it can Increase Spoecificity by making Availibility more of blitzkrig by allowing another Stuh, So heavy Support by adding MGs. 

Reinforments were ment to add Some diversity if you want it. 

Yout don;t have to have it.  You can use ur PP on availibility and forego Reinforments and vet too, Increasing your narrow vision on only certain units.... 

Rienforments are ment to allow a slight twist so that you can diversify if you want with the availibility and suprise people.  One game you don;lt use any PE units, the next you have 2 Falls swquads. 

Not to ,mention its only a few squads.... More they need PP for plus you need the resources ffor it.

My point wasn't that it enforced diversity, but that it encouraged too much of it. When players have highly effective units to plug deficiencies in their army available through Reinforcements, they are very likely to use them

It's not even that I have to use it, it's that the vast majority of players are going to use it. I liked in old EiR that players were super reliant on one another to produce balanced forces, but now they can produce an internally balanced force with reinforcements.

I'm also not saying I liked old fashioned oversupply and resource/vet whoring, it's just the reinforcements haven't quite worked out in a way that suits what I liked EiR for. I'm sure it has for others, and that's cool - personal preference.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 05:05:31 am »

I don't think any army has or should have any deficiencies. Especially Americans and Wehr don't need reinforcements to be powerful armies, I bought reinforcements on my allied account but still haven't found a need to use them. On my brit account however I am very much looking forward to getting them.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 05:31:02 am »

I don't think any army has or should have any deficiencies. Especially Americans and Wehr don't need reinforcements to be powerful armies, I bought reinforcements on my allied account but still haven't found a need to use them. On my brit account however I am very much looking forward to getting them.
Problem with Brits, then.

To be honest, I agree fully with VariantThirteen - reinforcements were a cool idea at start, now they're just blatantly annoying. They shouldn't have come in until full doctrines were implemented - they should have actually been the last implemented thing, IMO.

No army should rely solely on reinforcements to become viable, and I currently only see reinforcements as a trunk card when arguing that PE and Brits are "viable" because of unit combination X+Y when taking the other faction's reinforcement.

BigDick
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 05:39:10 am »

reinforcements are the only way PE get half way competitive with the other factions

unfortunately they get all the usefull stuff in different reinforcements

paks without hmgs are some kind of "unsupported"
pe lacks in AT guns without fuel costs (pak38->defensive)
pe lacks in supression (mg42->terror)
pe lacks in "tanks" (stuh42, panzerIV -> blitz)

brits get with one reinforcements (armor) at guns and tanks were PE need blitz+devensive
and PE has not such nice things like cromwell or stuart and if brit is commando they have mobile supression too
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 06:00:48 am »

It's the same way for Brits actually, unless you play commandos, then you don't need that hmg/mortar that airbourne offers.
BigDick
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 06:10:32 am »

It's the same way for Brits actually, unless you play commandos, then you don't need that hmg/mortar that airbourne offers.

it is not the same

the 17pounder are not that mobile but they have no fuel costs....brits habe tanks like cromwell and firefly and light "tanks" like stuart

since they can get some kind of at guns without fuel and they have some kind of tanks, they can get AT guns and Tanks by default

PE need their fuel for their AT guns (marder) and their halftracks so they cannot get expensive tanks (like Panther) or good infantry support tanks (like cromwell just the crap PE-PanzerIV when they would not need fuel for marders)
they cannot get mg nests by default and they have no doctrine with hmgs

i see your point that brit has some kind of mobile AT gun problems and mobile supression problems too....

but as PE you need all three reinforcements to compensate that

as brit you go commando for mobile hmg and mortar and commandos and tetrach...you have the firefly+cromwell default and get armor reinforcements to extend your force by shermans (preferable upgunned) and two mobile recrewable at guns...
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 11:02:23 pm »

Don't worry about it Escforreality. I fixed it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc