Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 01:09:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] British Tanks 101  (Read 8369 times)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 28, 2009, 10:37:25 pm »

Well i decided to do this since quite a lot of people either find it hard using british tanks or just dont like them at all.  The fact is they all have 1 purpose each, unlike other factions in which tanks can shoot down both enemy armour and infantry.

Now, into the Tank Guide (so far its non doctrinal, i'll add later):

Sherman Firefly:

Pros:

• Range, Range Range (its a Marder with a Turret)
  • Very High Damage, almost ATG like
  • Very High Penetration (can penetrate KTs)

Cons:

• Must Pair up with a CCT to get decent use (sight and more range)
  • Very Weak (a p4 can beat it in a 1v1 at close range)
  • Not Effective vs infantry

How to Use:

Purchase the Tank Commander (its a must)

Get a Command Tank on It immidiately (preferably Vet2) and use a spotter (best is Recon Tommies).  Never have this thing on your frontline, always have something behind it.  Use roads to chase down enemy tanks, and Use your range advantage to kill them.

The Firefly should easily be able to kill a P4 using range, panthers are slightly harder due to their speed.  Tigers can easily be kited too.

When they haven't got any heavy tanks on, use as a defensive tool to kill halftrack rushes, place in the middle of your defense/army to get the most out of it.

------------------
Cromwell:

Pros:

• Can Run Over Infantry really, really well

Cons:

• Low Health, Easy to Penetrate
  • Very Costly in terms of Fuel
  • Inaccurate

How to Use:

Purchase Flank Speed

Cromwells are a decent supporting tank.  use them when the enemy doesnt have too much armour on, and keep an ATG behind it.  A Cromwell Command Tank helps the cromwell a lot, like it does on the Firefly.  Use it to pick off infantry, and stand still while doing so.  If any supressed infantry are on the map hit flank speed and run over them instantly.  

IMO cromwells are the worst value for money in the british tanks, i would stay away from getting more than 2 of them.  Their best use is running over infantry and the CCT can do it better.

---------------------
Cromwell Command Tank (CCT)

Pros:

• Amazing Veterancy
  • Great Bonuses to All Friendly Armour
  • 2 pop!!!
  • Cheap

Cons:

• Doesnt do any damage with its gun
  • Very ineffective until vet2 really
  • Hard to Vet (for some)

How to Use:

Purchase Flank Speed (a Must)

Here it is, the backbone of British Tanks.  Have at least 1, if not 2 of these.  These MUST be used with Shermans, Cromwells, Fireflys and Churchill Mk IV and VI.  If you bring one of these tanks on field, you must make sure your CCT is giving it the range, sight and reload bonuses.  

The CCT however is not just a tag along unit, it's even better than that.  It runs over infantry very, very well, in fact it usually gets 5-6 kills in my brit games, or else makes 2 squads retreat or both.  Hit flank speed whenever infantry come towards you.  By Vet3 this thing has amazing health with 64% less recieved damage and 20% less recieved penetration and can take a few hits from enemy armour and schreks.

If you use the CCT like this it should be very easy to vet and you'll find you cannot live without one on the field.  For 2 pop its just worth keeping on to scare enemy infantry away.

PS.  It can also be used as a Tank Blocker, but i find this is rare since most enemy tanks are supported.

-------------------
Stuart Light Tank:

Pros:

• Cannister Shot!!!!!!!
  • Good Penetration

Cons:

• Low Health
  • Low Accuracy
  • Low damage to vehicles

How to Use:

Buy Cannister round (a Must)

the ONLY way to use this vehicle to get anything out of it, is to throw cannister round on it, then when an enemy squad or blob comes towards you, let off the cannister round and run.  It can also kill armoured cars decently and chew up unsupported infantry like any other light tank.  Never attack with the stuart unless it is at full health, 2 schreks will literally kill it or main gun destroy.

A single dimensional unit

---------------------
Staghound

Pros:

• the MG upgrade kicks ass
  • Long Range, High Health, Good Penetration

Cons:

• Low damage
  • Slow Rate of Fire

How to Use:

Buy the MG upgrade (a must, otherwise get the stuart)

Use this like a Greyhound.  Have good micro, take out enemies from a distance and let the MG rip them apart.  It can even supress at short range if thats your thing.  This tank is the basic light tank like the Greyhound or Hotchkiss.  I'm not too experienced with these because they cost a Lot of Manpower, but they can rack up around 15 kills if used well, and micro is really what can make these things awesome.

And Thats the Basic Guide, Churchills will be added later
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:33:27 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 11:07:21 pm »

A few things to add:

The Cromwell is great at killing Infantry Halftracks and other light vehicles.

The Stuart has great damage bonuses vs. the Marder.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 11:14:39 pm »

Actually, Both Stuart and Staghound guns the "37mm Stuart" has a 2x Damage multiplier against most PE vehicles (130 Damage).

Also the 57mm Churchill has a strange 1.5x damage against Marder III too. (Means that IV and Croc is BETTER then the VI when attacking the Marder at least.)

PROOFZ TO MY WORD!!!!!!!111111111 (At least for the 37mm Stuart)

http://coh-stats.com/Weapon:37mm_Stuart
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:28:12 pm by CommanderHolt » Logged
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 11:25:58 pm »

I love that bonus.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 11:37:29 pm »

Good so far.  I can't wait for you to get to the BEST tank, the churchill.  Also tets!

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 11:46:51 pm »

Actually, Both Stuart and Staghound guns the "37mm Stuart" has a 2x Damage multiplier against most PE vehicles (130 Damage).

Also the 57mm Churchill has a strange 1.5x damage against Marder III too. (Means that IV and Croc is BETTER then the VI when attacking the Marder at least.)

PROOFZ TO MY WORD!!!!!!!111111111 (At least for the 37mm Stuart)

http://coh-stats.com/Weapon:37mm_Stuart

Marders do too much damage and penetration to justify attacking them with a Churchill (which will take around 2 hits before circlestrafing) but Stuart and Staghound can do well.

Thanks for those Modifiers though, i honestly didnt really know about them because i always use PIATs/ATGs against marders.

PS Check the Firefly Penetration Modifiers.  Bonus against everything but a Jagd and Hetzer.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:54:54 pm by spinn72 » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 12:53:21 am »

You should ALWAYS charge a marder down with churchils - trying to get away is just a waste of health on your churchil. Show the marder who's boss!

On a side note, the stuart does NOT have good penetration. It just doesn't.

Sixpack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 06:11:34 am »

I will just throw some stuff in as axis fanboy Smiley

If you play against wehr be realy carefull about PAKs, I like to try and pull in FFs by setting up a tank somewhere with a spotter and pak to support, the range of the PAK makes it possible to hunt down FFs.

Cromwells are tanks I see seldom and probably fear the least to be honest, while when I see a stuart comming it is obvious he wants to canister me so it needs to be used in a good situation and best against blobs (so realy good against PE).

A good way to deal with british armour that isn´t a churchill are schreck storms or PAKs.

As PE it is a little difficult to deal with british armour if I do not use clowncars and AThts with Marders combined.

Churchills are difficult to deal with in my opinion, mostly I see the Mk VI.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 06:23:38 am »

Mark VI is a fuckin rape machine.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 06:27:43 am »

Especially with a command tank!

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 03:39:37 pm »

update topic:

stuart is a 50mm puma now without canister.

good vs vehicles and inf sniping.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 03:44:34 pm »

get some pictures in there

Check APEX panther guide and unky's tank giude

3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 03:52:12 pm »

I was honestly expecting for this lesson to be pretty stupid, but instead I enjoyed it. I agree completely and I think that it's a good idea to make posts like this one to help people to use tanks that they might not have used before.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 03:52:52 pm »

Add Churchill IV VI and croc?

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 03:55:05 pm »

Its a good post, he needs to clean up the writing and make it a bit prettier and then I think it should be sticked. Even if the post itself isn't that huge, its a nice starting point for a lot of players new to the british faction or normal players wanting to remind themselves.

Before that he needs to update it regarding staghound and stuart, as this was posted before those rather massive changes.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 03:58:04 pm »

Cromwells purpose is running people over? Time for a buff.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 04:19:23 pm »

Cromwells purpose is running people over? Time for a buff.

it has the same .75 moving acc as all other med tanks now. I dont even use croms to run people over, i use it like a sherman with flank speed and no .50 cal. And croms + vet 3 cct = rape sauce vs infantry

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 07:28:06 pm »

Please tell me people are not still using coh stats in any way, shape, or form in the EIR forums....
bayarea510 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 07:40:05 pm »

What are you talking about? Cromwell snipes inf very well.

00:00:28 [Team] imnotsoisoisoi: they're noobish
00:01:07 [Team] imnotsoisoisoi: this is gonna be gg in 15 mins
00:28:50 [Team] RonnMercy: bring something on
00:29:04 [Team] imnotsoisoisoi: im out
00:29:05 [Team] RonnMercy: ur terrible lol
Gg in 30, half right at least
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 08:01:24 pm »

Please tell me people are not still using coh stats in any way, shape, or form in the EIR forums....

COH stats works for most weapons in EIR.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc