Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 01:54:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 08, 2024, 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.6d 4v4 N13  (Read 4266 times)
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 12, 2007, 07:09:20 am »

We played this game yesterday it was myself, Dragon, Smith, and Jaz for allies and for axis it was Unkn0wn, Vandal, Cozmo and Bobbyacid.

Allies were set to defend and as you see if you watch it we got into the game and set up a very good defense, combined with the hedgegrows on that map it made it very difficult for the axis players to move.  Almost every move that the axis did we countered it quite fast.  Towards the middle of the game we chose to start attacking instead of sitting back and waiting for the Axis to come to us.  I am not sure what doctrines the Axis went but as Allies we had 2 infantry, 1 Airborn and 1 Armor.  We were able to get our Howitzer out pretty early after we found the repair bunker, but, it got taken out by a Artillery shot from the axis after they got a sniper in behind it (very nicely done whoever micro'd him there).  So then our Colliope came into the game.  I know that towards the end of the game we had quite a bit of infantry on the field.  I give Kodak (Vandal) props for swapping to axis just for the game after never playing as them before.

If persistencey was in the game then at the end of the game we wouldnt have been throwing our troops at Unkn0wn trying to finish him off while going through 3 of his MG's.  I know that Unkn0wn was pretty mad about the "spam" but if you watch the game from start to finish we only had a huge amount of infantry on the field towards the end when we knew we had them on the run and wanted to finish them off.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 07:13:19 am »

I'm not sure but I really didn't enjoy this that much Tongue.

I saw little micromanagement and tons of units.
(basically 55 pop cap worth of infantry on 4 players against 2 of us Tongue)

It's the kind of stuff you'd see in C&C, AoE etc.
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 07:34:19 am »

Actually if you watch the replay Unkn0wn you will see that the infantry didnt really come out until later in the game.  For example my infantry stayed back and actually I had 2 squads of riflemen at the N part of the map almost the entire game because I figured you would come through up there.  The Halftrack that was out early was mine, as well as 2 M10s that came out at different times.  I know I was never maxed out at 55 popcop.  i think the most I had at any point was 42.

Im not going to say it didnt suck or look like spam from your perspective.  Just keep in mind it was 2 Infantry companies a Airborne and an Armor.  Dragon, which was air also had 2 shermans that were brought in.  I just think it was a very well played game from the Allies.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 11:00:12 am »

Spam, in itself, is a tactic to make up for individual unit strength, lack of micro, or simply to break through a tough defense. It's just a very inefficient tactic if the enemy plans accordingly.

However, without a doubt, good spam exists. For instance, sending in four squads of rifles into MGs over and over again is spam, but using the spam as a distraction in order to covertly flank the enemy would be a good use of spam. Or do what fl does, and spam units (Volks+MP40s) immediately after you crack the main defensive line.

I have got to see this replay.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 11:08:27 am by acker » Logged
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 11:36:06 am »

Watch it Acker and you will see that the "bad" spam was only happening at the end of the game, the other "spam" had purpose.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 05:17:09 pm »

That was good spam. Incredible...
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 06:35:41 am »

IMO everyone should watch this for proper use of "spam"
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 09:31:03 am »

Near the end, when we are already in their base, I did have some 'bad spam' really it was just I didn't care at that point, the game was over I was just trying to rush their MG's unfortunately it turned out to be like 3 of em and I lost like 3 squads of riflemen (some of which were already beat up)

Other then that though I thought we did well, there was lots of infantry on the field, but I believe we had like 2 infantry company and 1 airborne. I ironically was armor but had a significant amount of infantry myself.

Anyways I thought the game was pretty slow in the beginning was was sure that we would be overrun in the south as well, we didn't have much down there and for the most part I was the only one that setup any sort of initial defenses till a bit after the start.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc