Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 09:52:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 08, 2024, 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nostalgia  (Read 10163 times)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« on: April 19, 2014, 07:12:19 pm »

I know this is kinda wierd but im on one of my happy days.

Anyone have any fun stories from the EIR past that anyone remembers and would like to share?

My favorite was when they added the Scorched earth doctrine back in 2010, Nugnug with his full speed ISTs with flame rounds running around pissing everyone off.

Cant forget the 34 pop starts with the mid t4 blitz doctrine on axis attack when everyone had stugs, stuhs and assult volsks.

A song to motivate you guys.

Man i miss the old time stacks where people would run unit specific companys and others would stack against them with other spam.

Ill never forget the 4v4vs with 4 players running myst doctrine while others went with full infantry doc howies and mgs.

911 commando jeeps, oh man that was hotfixed quickly.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:16:28 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 11:26:48 pm »

1) MountainMan's Raid Assault Airborne just coming in and fucking shit up and all I had to do was drive around and cap.

2) Lost a Pershing to a bike *caught on video*

3) Checking the warmap for when the time was right to field a defending or attacking coy

4) Fuckin' puddin spam

5)
Man i miss the old time stacks where people would run unit specific companys and others would stack against them with other spam.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 01:26:33 am »

So basically we all miss pre pool days. When you could run like 20 M8's.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 01:46:20 am »

3) Checking the warmap for when the time was right to field a defending or attacking coy
This is something thats going to be discussed at the next Dev meeting, wheter we return to global att/def (and a middle ground for ME/R+) or stick to a mechanic thats based on the companies involved and what theyre doing on the warmap.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 03:30:37 am »

Smokaz and enk, also smurfornot and wicky.

Was so many great stack games with counter coys. Oh i wish pool was removed and AB assymeyric  warfare was implented once again. Yea triple AW gogogo

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 07:41:41 am »

Deep in our hearts, everyone has a weak spot for some epic spammage. Man those were good days when you could live that out without being frowned upon because that was the name of the game. And man what a game it was

Anyone remember fighting off a RA T4 Airborne player on RTC with your vet 3 lmg zeal grens? That was the most intense shit ever

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 01:24:52 pm »

So basically we all miss pre pool days. When you could run like 20 M8's.

ive been saying this for years, its way more fun without restrictions

Deep in our hearts, everyone has a weak spot for some epic spammage. Man those were good days when you could live that out without being frowned upon because that was the name of the game. And man what a game it was

Anyone remember fighting off a RA T4 Airborne player on RTC with your vet 3 lmg zeal grens? That was the most intense shit ever

I'm pretty sure I got a ragepost from DuckorDie after a 4v4 when I kept putting lmg grens under his dropping raidborne.  Good times.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 03:06:51 pm »

Can't help but wonder what would happen if we, I don't know, disabled pool for a weekend?

Would everybody have immeasurable amounts of fun?

Would people come to the conclusion that they are looking back through rose-tinted glasses, and it turns out it aint so fun after all?

I should probably point out that the standard company loadout of 8000 MP would lead to 40 Riflemen squads. Apply same train of thought to all factions.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 03:10:47 pm »

The LV meta would rise again, and possibly mando jeeps.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 03:19:26 pm »

The 20 jeep mando coys never went away, people just lost the knowhow of how to play them.
and tbh more than 20 jeeps and your going on the overkill of no manpower
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 03:29:57 pm »

The 20 jeep mando coys never went away, people just lost the knowhow of how to play them.
and tbh more than 20 jeeps and your going on the overkill of no manpower
Oh I know, but I want more of them.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 04:11:57 pm »

Everyone would complain at first if there were no pools, but then nobody would afterwards, because they learned to adapt and build counters.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 04:12:47 pm »

Can't help but wonder what would happen if we, I don't know, disabled pool for a weekend?

Would everybody have immeasurable amounts of fun?

Would people come to the conclusion that they are looking back through rose-tinted glasses, and it turns out it aint so fun after all?

I should probably point out that the standard company loadout of 8000 MP would lead to 40 Riflemen squads. Apply same train of thought to all factions.

Yeah remove that crap for good. Noone wants to be told how to build his coy. Especially when pool values are imba like shit between the factions. The pool idea just caused a ton of generic coys.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 04:18:31 pm by chefarzt » Logged

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 05:35:11 pm »

Everyone would complain at first if there were no pools, but then nobody would afterwards, because they learned to adapt and build counters.

You mean like how they've learned to adapt and build counters to any of the recent changes?

Yeah...
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 05:38:48 pm »

With all ur pool and make everyone happy changes u might get hired to make the next Call of Duty.
Go Save, go Generic.
put in some Achievments, like
"Admin"
for starting the game
and
"SuperUser"
for starting the game 10 times
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 06:26:27 pm by chefarzt » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 07:41:57 pm »

Yeah remove that crap for good. Noone wants to be told how to build his coy. Especially when pool values are imba like shit between the factions. The pool idea just caused a ton of generic coys.
theres actually sense here seeing alot of coys favor certain units but are handicapped by the pool values.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 09:23:14 pm »

The pool is there to restrict, its, kinda its job Wink

However, this is ALSO a mechanic Id like to look at, with changes like 'scaling costs' (The more of one type you buy, the more the next costs) and others.
If you have other suggestions, roll em by me by PM.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 10:07:53 pm »

yes, the suggestion is to remove anything that restricts company builds Sad
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 10:09:22 pm »

Arent the resources enough to restrict?
And why restrict at all?
Seems all this limitations stem from Salans TLS 2 idea with fixed companies, but theres no campaign , and the warmap is still just nothing but a nice idea (sorry).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:23:07 pm by chefarzt » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 10:24:06 pm »

The pool is there to restrict, its, kinda its job Wink

However, this is ALSO a mechanic Id like to look at, with changes like 'scaling costs' (The more of one type you buy, the more the next costs) and others.
If you have other suggestions, roll em by me by PM.
that sounds reasonable,  incremental scaling buy unit perchase basis
Eg some units you can buy 4 of for the usual cost, and say the 5th unit of that type costs 5% more and the 6th 10% more.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc