Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:53:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on the New Meta Game  (Read 8373 times)
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 26, 2011, 12:08:42 am »

I think the new meta game promotes more anti tank units, especially ATG spam.

On Tanks

1. Super Heavies (i.e. Panther, KT, Tiger, Pershing, Churchills) seems to be in vogue these days, requiring at least 2 ATG or high penetration units (Fireflies)

I usually run 5-6 ATGs per company. YOU MUST HAVE A 2 ATG CALL IN (10 pop) instead of the traditional 1 rifle/volk + 1 atg/pak call ins.
This is also required to counter the FlammenGren Inf HT lol cars running around. 2 ATGs is required and mandatory to win it.

2. The P4 IST easily rolls over most anti-tank defences. You can get up to 30 kills-50 kills a game without breaking much sweat. Have tanks ready on hand just to counter the P4 IST.

3. There is a prevalent lack of medium tank players nowadays. Maybe there are some, but I haven't meet much or could recall good/significant usage of it.

Recommended to have in company (Recommendations for non Super Heavy users)
Allies: M10, M18 (If you're good at it), Firefly
Axis: Panther, Pak40, Pak38 spam???(Doesn't really help against Croc Churchie)

On Infantry

1. Elite Infantry from Wehr & PE, particularly KCH, Flammen Assault Grens renders elite infantry on Allies a waste of resources (i.e. Commando Stens), much better to just spam Machine Guns.

2. A lot of players lack the skills required to flank a simple MG. All they do is rush head long into the enemy, without using smoke, or mortar or whatever. Having 2-3 MGs on the field with a single recrew (rifle/volk/tommy) is enough to completely shutdown all enemy infantry usage. Add some barbed wire to laugh it off.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:10:28 am by cloud234 » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:14:33 am »

Current metagame does indeed have something to do with massive ammount of anti tank guns. However anything noteable has not been detected. For instance: No elite infantry companies which is a surprise. Occasionally you meet up with few ranger companies but they aren't the dominating army on the field so to speak.

Medium Armor coys. Cromwell and Sherman companies seem to be the most appealing company builds these days. People most likely realized that for what two pershings can do six Shermans can do it better.

From the axis in the other hand. Support weapon armies are still normal however there's quite a increase in grenadier forces with massive ammount of upgrades and a KT.

Currently...I don't think there are any noteable changes in Metagames- its as if there is none at all.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:15:32 am »

Really, i think it is time for me to once again use my IST inc bombs and Hummel inc barrage to change the meta game of spamming ATGS

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 12:17:12 am »

Really, i think it is time for me to once again use my IST inc bombs and Hummel inc barrage to change the meta game of spamming ATGS

Good luck with it no matter WHAT you try Allies will never abandon their precious 57mm spam. They will always have 5 to 6 of them in their coys no matter what Grin
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 12:17:33 am »

I agree, which is why I recommended M10s and Fireflies.

--- --- --- ---

Anyway, I'm just hope this can become a discussion for letting people know what units to field, and explaining why they need them and how the game has changed. Back then you could get pass with 4 ATGs or even 3. Not anymore nowadays as people gotten better at kiting with tanks and evading AT.

In fact, I would even recommend clown cars to take down Tigers and KT.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 12:21:24 am »

Good luck with it no matter WHAT you try Allies will never abandon their precious 57mm spam. They will always have 5 to 6 of them in their coys no matter what Grin

Considering the case that the Allies are now support spamming, the usefulness of SE rises dramatically, becoming once more a more viable doctrine, now do you understand my premise?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 12:29:51 am »

Considering the case that the Allies are now support spamming, the usefulness of SE rises dramatically, becoming once more a more viable doctrine, now do you understand my premise?

Ohhh I do. However, MG and ATG does stop most of PE forces in their tracks. Add in barbwire, sandbags and few tank traps and PE becomes:

HOWEVER if it works I know that... Someone will cry
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 12:59:43 am »

LMAO! i see what you did there Wink

I dont believe that if the Hummel is supporting PE, to the least Mortar halftrack, PE will not be stopped in their tracks.

Also i will never accept a strategy that states the enemy having time to put up barbwire Smiley If you have time to build defences at any one time, you have won the game already, goes for every faction.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 01:31:02 am »

I thought IST's were currently horrendous in the meta game -- I haven't seen one get over 5 kills in a good 20 games due to every single player having an ATG on the field at all times =\
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 01:59:32 am »

Cloud got about 120 kills maybe more over 3 ISTs the other day when I played with him, although with the moving lockdown t3.  My ISTs typically get between 10-25 kills a game depending on who I'm facing.  Also, part of the current meta game is influenced by the fact that there is no AB doctrine, so far fewer AB players than you would normally see.  This is one of the reasons for the current ATG spam flavor, due to lack of RRs being around to supplement...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 02:02:31 am »

You see ATG spam on both sides.

Not because of a lack of handheld AT being available, but because of cost vs effectiveness.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 02:14:43 am »

50kills against some noob perhaps,I wanna see how you do that against experienced players?!
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 07:50:28 am »

If you have time to build defences at any one time, you have won the game already, goes for every faction.

So not true. If i see an 88 and im on my RCA I give them time to set up some more defences and cluster. After i finish nuking it, they usually re cluster, and doing that a few more times its easy mode.

Either that or we have already capped around them

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 08:25:10 am »

Scorched Earth is going to be retarded with the Warmap release. Uncrushable Roadblocks being built for 3 mins. Thats going to be a nightmare for Allied units.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 11:03:21 am »

50kills against some noob perhaps,I wanna see how you do that against experienced players?!

prolly wont reach 50, but not impossible, he had a defensive and a th company backing him so he didnt have to worry about tanks bothering him at all...
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 11:31:45 am »

Scorched Earth is going to be retarded with the Warmap release. Uncrushable Roadblocks being built for 3 mins. Thats going to be a nightmare for Allied units.

Massive PE infantry start. Demos, mines, boobytraps everywhere along with wire tanktraps and roadblocks. Mhmmmmmmmmm beautiful
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 11:33:39 am »

Do it alongside a Defensive Wehr start with double mines, goliaths, more defenses, MG bunkers and 88's =)

I think you could set it up so that the 88 can hit their spawn with it's artillery barrage but still be behind a wall of death.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 09:34:53 pm »

Cloud got about 120 kills maybe more over 3 ISTs the other day when I played with him, although with the moving lockdown t3.  My ISTs typically get between 10-25 kills a game depending on who I'm facing.  Also, part of the current meta game is influenced by the fact that there is no AB doctrine, so far fewer AB players than you would normally see.  This is one of the reasons for the current ATG spam flavor, due to lack of RRs being around to supplement...

I used to be a pretty big proponent of the 3 IST SE companies in order to get the most usage out of the doctrinal focus on dual T3s, however in the current meta such company builds make you heavily reliant on your teammates for AT if you choose to also go with a Hummel since getting just 50mms alone with your remaining fuel is currently insufficient against many of the armor heavy companies Allies are sporting nowadays.  Probably only get worse for said SE players when AB gets put back in.  If you don't go with the Hummel, you now have fuel for more Marders etc... but now are heavily reliant on your teammates indirect fire to clear out support spam which often you are better equipped to do if you had just brought a Hummel.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 09:50:55 pm »

Thats why I always went chem fire, but mobile lockdown is still silly.  If you want that, you can always just go to that t4, and use the vet3 range buff instead.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 02:07:11 pm »

Or avoid BS like that entirely. I have 2 ATGs, maybe 3; spam just promotes sloppy play and poor ATG micro. 2 = i micro them well or lose. I <3 shermans, medium tanks are the shit vs. anything other than pantherspam. SE...yeah, on Allied Attack thats gonna be BS. Spartan had 4-6 muni HTs with the concentration mine upgrade. That was shite powerful since they slow tanks, inf, are incindiary, do more damage on explosion then regular mines anyways etc...phew, just a really good ability. Add defensive coys in and yeah, allies are Fked. Oh well, so goes the 'fun' of CoH xD allies will find some ghey way to beat that defense. Callyspam or something.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc