Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:57:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blob.  (Read 24025 times)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« on: May 21, 2010, 09:44:08 am »

allies blob stags.

allies blob tommies

allies blob

allies blob

allies blob

allies blob

allies blob

allies blob

allies blob

allies blob

allies blob

allies blob

allies blob

allies blob

allies blob

allies win

http://www.filefront.com/16506163/blob.zip
Nimitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 09:57:15 am »

We did make some mistakes (I for example mistakenly had an LMG - instead of shreck - gren in my start) and lost a couple units stupidly but this replay still shows how retarded the game is at the moment.

Unbelievable you can get that many stags with skirts+MG and then also field a shit-ton of brens, rifle-nades, recon-squads and PIATs. With a firefly or two in support of course.

BTW - military intelligence for the motherfucking win lol
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 09:59:43 am by Nimitz » Logged
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 10:02:07 am »

Unbelievable you can get that many stags with skirts+MG and then also field a shit-ton of brens, rifle-nades, recon-squads and PIATs. With a firefly or two in support of course.

Yeah thats true, axis is getting raped by stags including meh Embarrassed

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 10:18:14 am »

Axis buys MG + mortar combination.

Allies blob

Allies die horribly.

Rinse and Repeat.

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 10:20:27 am »

Axis buys MG + mortar combination.

Allies blob

Allies die horribly.

Rinse and Repeat.

axis sets up hmg.

tommy blob rushes right in over road.

tommy blob uses riflenade + recon snipe spam.

allies win
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 10:21:08 am »

That's the problem right there : you're a liar or just utterly suck.
Nimitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 10:32:28 am »

Dude wtf? Sometimes I get the feeling you don't play at all.

This game is just another example of how storm shrecks fail (not being used by me) btw, which you utterly deny (quote:"shrecks are good at hitting light vehicles at close range"), and now you insist that MG42s will somehow magically survive a recon snipe, or rifle-nades to the face. Not possible mate. :/

Nevermind the fact that - OH SHOCK AND WONDER - it's quite easily possible to flank an MG42.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:34:17 am by Nimitz » Logged
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 10:34:57 am »

Cleaned. Discuss the replay or gtfo, seriously.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 10:38:40 am »

i simply repeated what my teammate said.

i checked the replay and what happend is that the rifle nade killed the hmg itself what made the other guys retreat.

and we had MGs and mortars all the time in that game. it did not work.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 10:57:07 am »

ATGs left alive and no MGs recrew'd

Recrew MGs destroy ATGs and life gets magically easier. I don't care what MG it is as long as it is a damn MG. No matter how much allies blob once I have a MG42 or .30 Cal or Vickers (u get Suppression fire with it!). The only thing I lose is armor spam

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 10:59:56 am »

First off - I mentioned nothing of HMGs surviving recon tommy snipes - but you need 15 popcap to snipe the HMG down. Where's the rest of YOUR shit to take on his? Heck, just use a 3 popcap bike with your HMG and the recon tommies can't get close enough to snipe you.

Secondly - rifle nades, with their 5 percent accuracy at long range are pretty damn prone to failing at hitting stuff. If you do get hit by both rifle nades on your MG guy, it still doesn't mean you'll die.
Rifle nades deal 20-35 damage - so you'll need 2-3 nades to kill the MG guy(not necessarily the entire crew).

You'll have an awesome 1-in-400 or 1-in-8000 chance to achieve that - depending on how much damage the grenades do.

The MG itself has 300 health - you need between 9 and 15 rifle grenades to kill one. In other words - don't expect much out of a nearly dead MG.

At any rate - ending the discussion. If you feel there's balance issues, post them on the relevant board. But it would be nice if you quoted actual stats, rather than just your own experiences.
Nimitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 11:21:42 am »

a) You only need to kill the front guy, then you can run in; by the time the MG42 has a gunner firing again you're behind it.

b) You expect MG42s to be at full health all the time? Or at 3 squad members? You're also forgetting the ability of rifle-nades to shoot over hedges and buildings (which are there on EVERY map).

Yes of course, a recon or rifle nade squad doesn't immediately mean MG42s are fucked. But you also can't say that to counter upgraded tommies you can just "get an MG42 and mortar"
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 12:31:59 pm »

You only need to kill the front guy, then you can run in; by the time the MG42 has a gunner firing again you're behind it.

Most infantry weapons have 35 range, the MG42 has 45. So it's logical to assume that in most engagements the MG42 will fire first. If the first guy is killed, the only chance of him being killed without the opposing infantry being suppressed is if the infantry are at long range. That's 12 seconds of walking the infantry have to do before they're actually behind your MG. I'm not sure on the exact time it takes for the men to switch on the MG, but it's far less than 12 seconds, I would believe.

b) You expect MG42s to be at full health all the time? Or at 3 squad members?

This is what you call theory-crafting. When doing balance you assume all units are at full strength, as that's their state when they are bought. What if all the tommies are at 5 hp? The entire squad will die to one burst! The what-if's are just useless to the discussion.

You're also forgetting the ability of rifle-nades to shoot over hedges and buildings (which are there on EVERY map).
I heard mortars are pretty good at doing that too, actually.

Yes of course, a recon or rifle nade squad doesn't immediately mean MG42s are fucked. But you also can't say that to counter upgraded tommies you can just "get an MG42 and mortar"
And why would you expect to always counter an upgraded tommy blob which costs more popcap and more resources than your mortar and HMG, anyway?
At any rate - this unit combination is simply great at tackling blobs - or at least severely damaging them as your other units finish them off. It's basic tactics.
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 12:36:56 pm »

You only need to kill the front guy, then you can run in; by the time the MG42 has a gunner firing again you're behind it.

Most infantry weapons have 35 range, the MG42 has 45. So it's logical to assume that in most engagements the MG42 will fire first. If the first guy is killed, the only chance of him being killed without the opposing infantry being suppressed is if the infantry are at long range. That's 12 seconds of walking the infantry have to do before they're actually behind your MG. I'm not sure on the exact time it takes for the men to switch on the MG, but it's far less than 12 seconds, I would believe.

b) You expect MG42s to be at full health all the time? Or at 3 squad members?

This is what you call theory-crafting. When doing balance you assume all units are at full strength, as that's their state when they are bought. What if all the tommies are at 5 hp? The entire squad will die to one burst! The what-if's are just useless to the discussion.

You're also forgetting the ability of rifle-nades to shoot over hedges and buildings (which are there on EVERY map).
I heard mortars are pretty good at doing that too, actually.

And why would you expect to always counter an upgraded tommy blob which costs more popcap and more resources than your mortar and HMG, anyway?
At any rate - this unit combination is simply great at tackling blobs - or at least severely damaging them as your other units finish them off. It's basic tactics.

Nimitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 01:21:22 pm »

nvm.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:52:54 pm by Nimitz » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 01:41:09 pm »

People forget though that there's such a thing as hedges in the game, terrain bugs, and other supporting units, that's why the firefly isn't overpowered, although it can in theory kill every tank in the game without taken a single shot in damage in return [from the unit he's firing at].
Marder range = 60
Firefly range = 55

So fail example there, try again.

Same here. Take for example your "12 seconds of walking the infantry have to do"
It takes 12 seconds for the infantry to go from their max range (35) to behind the HMG. Not from the HMGs max range of 45.

Even if you have a supporting unit and can fire at 45m you can still either crawl to the MG and snipe it while taking zero casualties (soldier armor ftw) or by moving through yellow cover you can easily hold out a burst of MG42 fire (normal rifles can do that too btw) and get that sniper-shot off before even getting suppressed.
An entire man sniped?! The line will never hold with one missing man! Preposterous!

There's such a thing as shot-blockers in this game.
Why do you think I proposed you use a mortar with the HMG?

Not much of a contradiction - you ARE expecting to completely wtfrape an entire blob with just two units - and albeit they are capable of severe damage(not necessarily without losses) - you still have more popcap and more resources to use besides these two units. Why don't you use them?
Nimitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 03:01:48 pm »

I give up. GG.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 04:30:35 pm »

Most infantry weapons have 35 range, the MG42 has 45. So it's logical to assume that in most engagements the MG42 will fire first.

rifle nade too?

and the noob blobbers didnt even use rifle smoke.

they still raped everything.
PeteWinny201 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 04:44:13 pm »

Myth honestly first you say use mg and mortar to combat it then you say its not a good idea. make your mind up!!!!!
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 04:56:27 pm »

Myth honestly first you say use mg and mortar to combat it then you say its not a good idea. make your mind up!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc