Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:05:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blob.  (Read 24021 times)
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2010, 07:15:07 am »

I guarantee you that in EIR jagds get stickied far more often than they get hit by a mine.  The armor change is a buff.

All you have to do is send a light vehicle or infantry ahead of your jagd, even a scout car would be sufficient to set off the mine and spare your jagd the pain.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2010, 07:49:11 am »

I guarantee you that in EIR jagds get stickied far more often than they get hit by a mine.  The armor change is a buff.

All you have to do is send a light vehicle or infantry ahead of your jagd, even a scout car would be sufficient to set off the mine and spare your jagd the pain.

only isn't it the best tactic to have you heavilly armoured vehicle on the front, with the weak ones behind it? since it's armour will protect all other units too.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2010, 07:55:23 am »

And scout units like the scout car are meant to scout ahead and find mines.

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2010, 08:00:00 am »

I guarantee you that in EIR jagds get stickied far more often than they get hit by a mine.  The armor change is a buff.

only isn't it the best tactic to have you heavilly armoured vehicle on the front, with the weak ones behind it? since it's armour will protect all other units too.

Hell no.

Fast light units like scout cars are actually better.  They have epic dodge values which tremendously increase their effective hp, and they are dirt cheap so if you look at it from an effective hp/fuel perspective a scout car is probably 20x more durable than a jagd against ATGs.

Which is better? Have your heavy expensive armor take damage from ATGs, or have your light units dodge them?  Sure you might lose one every now and then, but that's why scouting units are so cheap.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2010, 08:31:10 am »

Which is better? Have your heavy expensive armor take damage from ATGs, or have your light units dodge them?  Sure you might lose one every now and then, but that's why scouting units are so cheap.
This. Who cares if you lose a single scout car when it saved you two or more shots from an AT gun that could have hit your jagd instead - they're just WAY cheap.

It's also the reason why my ISTs have a swarm of scout cars around them in most cases (distract ATGs/HHAT so IST can kill stuff), or my hetzers are supported by IHTs with MP44s.

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2010, 10:15:52 am »

id so much rather have mines not wreck me, I can micro to avoid stickies, not mines...if I get hit by a sticky, its my own fault for screwing up, if I get hit by a mine, its bad luck(generally).  I shouldn't be punished for bad luck, just bad micro...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2010, 10:19:25 am »

id so much rather have mines not wreck me, I can micro to avoid stickies, not mines...if I get hit by a sticky, its my own fault for screwing up, if I get hit by a mine, its bad luck(generally).  I shouldn't be punished for bad luck, just bad micro...

Then what are tellar mines?  Black cats born on friday the thirteenth? Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2010, 11:10:17 am »

I shouldn't be punished for bad luck, just bad micro...
You're punished for not having tactical and/or strategic insight and/or not protecting your super heavy tank with a 1 pop 80 manpower minesweeper.
SX23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2010, 01:46:46 pm »

They nerfed the Japg armor, now it's immobilised on 1 mine at full health. (Why woudln't they do that to pershing?)

Honestly, this mod is biased towards allies right now.
Dont pull the bias bullshit buddy.

The Jagd BUFF to armour type (FROM _Elite I believe) - meant it SURVIVES mines rather than getting an auto-crit like it used to.

GG can correct me if Im wrong.

Well, unless it has a very recent change, the japg got immobilised at FULL health (In  4 times, I've seen it happen 3 times) by one mine,  so it still got the auto-crit (It does however help with stikcies). Before the change to armor, japg on a mine maked it at worse go down to damage engine when it was at full health. Anyway, also, I'm not saying the DEVS are biased toward allies. I'm only stating the fact, that based on my own experience, this mod is way easier as allies right now.

With Courage shall we Rise,
With Might shall we Fight,
With Glory shall we Stand,
With Honor shall we Falter,
For the Fatherland shall we Prevail.
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2010, 02:04:47 pm »

Hey SX23 buddy, its called 80 MP and 10 munis! Guess what that is, MINESWEEPERS! YAY, now you can clear those "OP" mines for 1 pop cap and keep that jagd from "Getting immobilized EVERYTIME"!

Rawr
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2010, 02:06:58 pm »

sharp, no other tank in the ENTIRE GAME gets immobilized from 1 regular mine.  Its absurd.  It needs fixed...
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2010, 02:07:33 pm »

sharp, no other tank in the ENTIRE GAME gets immobilized from 1 regular mine.  Its absurd.  It needs fixed...

Tellar mines says hi.  They not only destroy engines, but they often one shot tanks like M10s.
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2010, 02:10:00 pm »

like I just said, use minesweepers and your jagd will never hit that mine Wink
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2010, 02:12:32 pm »

Tellar mines says hi.  They not only destroy engines, but they often one shot tanks like M10s.

jagt with engine destroyed is about 1000 times more useful than a immobile one.

i prefer driving over a teller than over a regular mine when i'm in a jagt.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2010, 02:14:10 pm »

sharp, no other tank in the ENTIRE GAME gets immobilized from 1 regular mine.  Its absurd.  It needs fixed...

KTs do. It's an integral part to Super Heavy Tank balance - they're intended to act as units that only work in conjunction with other units - AKA when supported.

They may be shit on their own, getting immobilised on single mines - but when they're supported well they become scary.

Leophone - that is likely to do with allies not having any teller mines to use against jagdpanthers - don't you think?
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2010, 02:16:56 pm »

sharp, no other tank in the ENTIRE GAME gets immobilized from 1 regular mine.  Its absurd.  It needs fixed...

Tellar mines says hi.  They not only destroy engines, but they often one shot tanks like M10s.

jagt with engine destroyed is about 1000 times more useful than a immobile one.

i prefer driving over a teller than over a regular mine when i'm in a jagt.

Allies have jagds and tellar mines?  Cry
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2010, 02:24:54 pm »

it's about the point how useless jagt is when immobilized.
dont u see??  --__--
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2010, 02:26:33 pm »

dont u see??  --__--

As opposed to a sherman getting engine destroyed and losing 80% of its hp from one mine?

Or a M10 instantly blowing up?

Or a 2/3 hp kangaroo instantly dying and killing your two squads inside?

My point is tellar mines are far more dangerous than a 25% chance of getting a jagd immobilized.
SX23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2010, 02:40:57 pm »

I'd say it's more than* 25%, cause it happend on 75% of the time for me. Anyway, having a destroy engine japg would be way better. Japg is a tank hunter, it's perfectly suited to follow and kill a lone sherman. It's not like KT. I mean, unless your pio runs 3 times faster than japg and shermie can't kill them, well you're fucked. Anyway, I didnt want to start talking again about the japg, that's in another post.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 02:45:25 pm by SX23 » Logged
SX23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2010, 02:46:20 pm »

dont u see??  --__--

As opposed to a sherman getting engine destroyed and losing 80% of its hp from one mine?

Or a M10 instantly blowing up?

Or a 2/3 hp kangaroo instantly dying and killing your two squads inside?

My point is tellar mines are far more dangerous than a 25% chance of getting a jagd immobilized.

Just like that, tellers are from a doc, and shermans cost WAYYY less than japg.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc