Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:24:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buff mustard gas?  (Read 6432 times)
Darsin Offline
Donator

« on: May 20, 2013, 11:38:09 am »

Seeing how the new mortar upgrade aka airburst is the destroyer off everything and everyone shouldnt we buff the hell out of the mustard gas for the WM mortar?

I know the airburst will be nerfed(or so i hope) but i can't imagen it beeing worse then mustard gas in its current form. Not to mention that the mustard gas is 5 munition more expencive then the airburst one. I just belive it should be something worthwhile and not just that slow and the tiny tiny dmg.

So what do all of you think?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 12:53:00 pm »

Smoke rounds that not only forces enemy to gtfo out of it but also gives smoke covers for your own men who are most likely immune to it if Mid T3 has been selected on the way to Fanatism? Maybe?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 01:26:14 pm »

Gas does not give smoke cover anymore afaik

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
tankmaster23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 04:04:05 pm »

Wow mustard gas 35 air burst 30 something is wrong can we get a quick patch these things are a pain in the ass even thou i know that some people are having fun playing them...

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 04:05:51 pm »

I honestly don't know why a hotfix for this stuff takes so long. Maybe bandwidth considerations?

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 04:39:41 pm »

Changes have to be suggested, approved, coded and patched. It can take varying amounts of time on the various stages, that's about it really. Got nothing to do with bandwidth at the very least.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
tankmaster23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 05:11:52 pm »

Here is a suggestion  just take it out ..

Rocksitter
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 05:14:04 pm »

Funny, I've been suggesting that for oak leaves since I joined Wink Anyway, back on track, it'll be fixed soon.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 05:18:17 pm »

I'll see if an interm price change can be in order. Price changes take no time if we can get a consensus from everybody.

Maybe either up airburst or lower mustard gas.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 05:29:03 pm »

Once we've ironed out a few RGD numbers we'll be getting a hotfix out and we can easily include Mustard Gas in with that.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 06:42:21 pm »

50-70 mu for Airburst is a minimum not inheritedly op but still way too cheap for its powwaarr

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
tankmaster23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 06:47:27 pm »

Sure take out kcH oak leaves and fire up .. but really if you mean  that game i had 3 total oak leaves and no more then 1 on the field at the same time...

and I have never seen oak leaves take out a at gun and grenadier squad with 1 shot and completely destroy the at gun all the while damaging and making every unit run for there life...

380-265 vs 370-90 

Give me back Terror Officer

Rocksitter
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:50:41 pm by tankmaster23 » Logged
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 10:59:24 pm »

Guys...Guys...we all know airbourne has always been the Loldoctrine. Just let it stay that way

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 11:07:27 pm »

As allied player.

ABbarage is OP. and mustard gas could use a slight buff.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 01:58:24 am »

Make airburst 1 shot ability with a timed cooldown. Then you can see that its effectiveness decreases majestically. Mustard smoke? If it no longer gives smoke cover it is pretty much ineffective area of effect thing. Not really a issue unless it really puts the hurt on infantry and support weapons.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 06:50:07 am »

Love this thread...... Lets take a perfectly fine ability (mustard gas) and over buff it because another ability (air burst Mortar) is broken.

Brilliant!!!!!

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Darsin Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 07:16:04 am »

But mustard gas maybe isn't perfectly fine as it is right now? Seeing how some of the development team said that it might be looked upon maybe means that there's a reason to change it? Let's be honest there's not a whole lot of people using mustard gas becuse it's not all that usefull. Dont  get me wrong, i know you can use it to some effect and it can help in a charge, but for 35 munition it should be bettern then something that might be usefull. Im not saying it necessarily need to be buffed but maybe a cost reduction?
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 08:02:05 am »

did mustard gas get nerfed at some point?  It seemed fine when it first  came out...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
UndeathWrath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 08:19:04 am »

I think mustard gas needs to be buffed rather than have a price decrease. When playing terror I found myself rather just using a regular mortar barrage than mustard gas they will just walk off easily. A useless upgrade at cheaper price is still useless...

My suggestion: either increase the damage to make it more viable vs support weapons or
increase area of effect to make it an effective area denial/deterrent and great vs inf blobs (my preferred solution)

As for AB barrage, I think it's common consensus that it's OP.

My suggestion: Only fire a single airburst shell, reduce damage or area of effect slightly (still lethal, but not longer capable of one shotting an entire gren squad (for 35mu or w.e. it costs).) Primary targets become support weapons
or
increase price to 50-70mu, drastically reduce damage. Still has great suppression, but must be followed up with something else instead of instagibbing everything. Primary targets become blobs of inf. (my preferred solution)

tank130:
oh noessss....I can't counter your big, unmovable anti tank gun with my much smaller, mobile, and cheaper anti tank gun.......
WTF... the horrors of imbalance.......
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 09:40:31 am »

But mustard gas maybe isn't perfectly fine as it is right now? Seeing how some of the development team said that it might be looked upon maybe means that there's a reason to change it? Let's be honest there's not a whole lot of people using mustard gas becuse it's not all that usefull. Dont  get me wrong, i know you can use it to some effect and it can help in a charge, but for 35 munition it should be bettern then something that might be usefull. Im not saying it necessarily need to be buffed but maybe a cost reduction?

You missed the whole point. It was suggested we should buff mustard gas because AB mortar was OP.

Why would we buff something because something else is OP? That is just failed logic.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc