Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:22:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *Updated*6p_TroamDeCaen  (Read 11577 times)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 03:03:52 am »

i only noted that this could be an issue, i didnt state that it was a fail point.

but on the roads issue, do all spawns have one now ?  Grin

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 10:25:05 am »

i only noted that this could be an issue, i didnt state that it was a fail point.

but on the roads issue, do all spawns have one now ?  Grin

Neuville has two roads.......

but two spawns on one road

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 12:11:33 pm »

okay updated pictures at the first page.

Changes:

- all spawns have roads now
- added hedgerows in the centre, reduced the open fire fields in the centre, too
- shaped the sectors more to the terrain
- fixed some pathing issues

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 12:14:24 pm »

Looking good Hans.

I'll see about giving it another playtest later today if I catch ya.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 06:27:58 am »

looks good, remember to leave some gaps or breaks in fences so its easier to flank and get to positions than taking the long ass route. it also has an essence of bastion about it, good job gooby.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 06:59:06 am »

unfortunately relic fucked up pathing with all these stone walls. They have to be removed and exchanged with hedgerows and other blockers. Some gaps in the fences have to be added. And the archways have to be fixed, expecially in the south.

lets see ...
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 07:34:33 am »

you can use the shotblocker tool, will create impassable area and shotblockin so the walls will be there and stuff wont just phase through it
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 12:34:08 pm »

Temporary installation - requires weather options.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 12:37:58 pm »

Temporary installation - requires weather options.

are u fucking kidding me?

okay 1: has neuville any weather option? and i guess some more maps that are already updated dont have them

okay 2: do u see ANY game where ANYONE changes the FUCKING weather options? maybe to rain and storm or to night or whatever?

okay 3: i guess for best gameplay a good weather is correct. DONT u FUCKING love SUMMER?

i feel like getting personally attacked srsly, if u dont want that map, SAY IT. FUCK MAN.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 12:43:34 pm »

i feel like getting personally attacked srsly, if u dont want that map, SAY IT. FUCK MAN.

It is very unfortunate you feel personally attack. That is not our intention AT ALL.

Please read this post:
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=24526.msg449704#msg449704

Please also read the requirements HERE

It is exactly what has been requested of Elitegren, Pony, Gork, and tank130. This is not anything personal against you, so slow down a little with the rage.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 12:47:25 pm »

It is very unfortunate you feel personally attack. That is not our intention AT ALL.

Please read this post:
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=24526.msg449704#msg449704

Please also read the requirements HERE

It is exactly what has been requested of Elitegren, Pony, Gork, and tank130. This is not anything personal against you, so slow down a little with the rage.

jup fine, if u like weather options that no one uses, u may add them for me. I dont care if u takw night dawn rain storm or anything else. If not maybe deadbolt or any other guy wants to add weather options to this map. I cant right now.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 12:55:35 pm »

Not sure why the fat lonely kid attitude you are sporting today....... (deadbolt - you must resist the urge to post the pic.....back away from the computer)

If you do not want your map added, that's up to you. We are asking nothing more of you then we ask of anyone bringing in maps. How you get it done is up to you as well.

I have taken on the job of map lead to help out loading maps and tutorials. I am not here to complete your maps.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 12:59:01 pm »

anyone up there adding weather options to this map?

i gonna add credits for u guys.

NEED YA HELP!
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 01:01:03 pm »

Not sure why the fat lonely kid attitude you are sporting today....... (deadbolt - you must resist the urge to post the pic.....back away from the computer)

my work here is done!

now i have to go outside, fml

tankedit: unrelated pics removed
I know it is deserving, but if I don't remove it the other children will cry foul.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:04:18 pm by tank130 » Logged
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 01:09:13 pm »

anyone up there adding weather options to this map?

i gonna add credits for u guys.

NEED YA HELP!

anyone?
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2013, 12:57:32 pm »

Review:

(Im aware those pics might be outdated)

Looking at the pics in OP it seems there is too much stuff lying around.
Imagine yourself moving 25 popcap thru those areas in a orderly fashion. You cant really. Too many obstacles to go around. These might look nice to you but serve no purpose. Good balance between infantry cover and enough space for vehicles to move around is vital. Looking at the pic of the town I would say remove atleast 50% of the ammo boxes, clothing, wooden crates etc.

I would keep the roads going from spawn to middle to a minimum. Max 3 (1 per player). Or in this case max 2 as 2 players spawn on the same road.
Remove (imo) the 4 roads coming into the map from the 4 corners.
Remove (imo) the tiny roads leading from spawn 3 and 6 towards middle.
I would remove these because these roads serve no real purpose but they will have an effect on gameplay as they are red cover areas no1 likes to be on. Because of this roads act as barriers.

I would also remove the 2 roads these tiny curv roads connect too (at either side of the city, spawnside). I mean the entire road alongside the city going from left to right. So in between spawns 1+2 and 3 (& 4+5 and 6).
They are best removed (imo) so when you have to defend around those houses you are not forced to have units on red cover.

In the areas which are not really meant for fighting, but more for moving around, I would keep the obstacles to a minimum.
These areas are between the spawns and the start of the city. And the sides.
These areas are pretty much only used ingame to move your troops around. Having lots of trees might look nice but all it accomplishes is create pathing issues.
For example page 2, 2nd pic. Imagine you moving your 25-30 popcap army thru that area.
The debris of the planes, random tanktraps and the trees all block your vehicles. When placing these make sure you put them to the side so you keep a lane open where vehicles can move thru swiftly. Having them randomly placed forces the vehicles to make turns all the time instead of going in a straight line.

Page 1, 3rd pic: This is the assembly area for players to gather their forces and move into the city. You want this to be as open as possible, so 25 popcap can move around freely. All the trees will provide extra blockers and pathing issues. Basically there is way too much stuff everywhere. I would remove 80% of the stuff I see (including trees).

The middle area, the city, looks quite compact. Imagine how you would fight in there. Its not very open which makes a 25 popcap proper formation attack very hard. It looks to favor mortars more.
I would open up the middle a bit more. As mentioned less obstacles, but less hedgerows so the gaps become a bit more open and possibly removing the water. The water pretty much means you dont want to go in that area and put your units there.
Instead put a few (what I like to do) white walls around the houses. This provides heavy cover, meaning you can fight inf in buildings when standing behind the wall or even MGs.

To prevent flak domination on the sides you can try some thick hedgerows. For example along side the roads on the sides. Not too many, 1 or perhaps 2 on each side.

Overal I like the layout. City in middle, open on the sides!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:02:59 pm by skaffa » Logged

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc