Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:44:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Villers Bocage  (Read 9384 times)
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 11:39:13 pm »

Looks like fun.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 04:19:18 am »

Have got to agree with aero here. Axis have done nothing but defend , have you seen the defence points on some of their remaining territories.

If there was some incentive to play maps or attack that sector that's 1-32moves away from that munitions sector I've been camping for 4 months things might be far less static

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 10:32:16 am »

Here is a brief  description of what needs to be done to make any changes to the Warmap:

The warmap is comprised of images, and a lot of data entry.

I would like to make a competition for the community, with the ability to create a scenario that can be used (like a list of maps) when we reach the end of a war.

In essence, we need 3 things:

- Warmap base image
- Sector images (in a sprite type format) which gets overlayed onto the base image
- A list of modified code (which I will provide) which gives the positions of the sector images (example below)
Code:
SetSectorInfo("Normandy",	 114, 202, 110, 179, 1, 1, 190, 316, now);
SetSectorInfo("Bordeaux", 103, 134, 85, 378, 115, 1, 154, 447, now);
SetSectorInfo("Toulouse", 123, 101, 103, 460, 218, 1, 172, 518, now);

SetSectorStatus("Normandy", 0, 1, 5000, 2500, 0); // -Supply
SetSectorStatus("Bordeaux", 0, 0, 5000, 2500, (int)SectorBonusType.Manpower);
SetSectorStatus("Toulouse", 0, 1, 5000, 2500, 0); // -Supply

SetSectorRoute("Normandy", "Bordeaux", 0, 0); //Route from Normandy <-> Bordeaux
SetSectorRoute("Normandy", "Toulouse", 0, 0); //Route from Normandy <-> Toulouse
SetSectorRoute("Toulouse", "Bordeaux", 0, 0); //Route from Toulouse <-> Bordeaux
Each comma delimited number / country name is showing position on warmap, and position on the sprite sheet (and size of country)

I will supply the work that tank did, but we need an in depth description for how to position the sectors/countries onto the warmap (which, tank has done)

Can someone write up the PR page for this?  It is missing the two images (warmap base, and warmap sprite sheet) - but I'll provide those soon.

Hopefully this gives you an idea of why changing the Warmap is a daunting task. Someone needs to create the design of the map (where should the resources go, how many sectors, what size, shape are those sectors etc, etc.) then that has to all be converted into data as show above.

I would estimate about 100 man hours to create what we have now. To redesign and build it, I would estimate 30% less time as we have some of the systems in place.

ps - for all those assholes that like to say I bought my way on the dev team and I don't do anything. See all those little numbers separated by commas... There is a total of 88 rows, 9 columns wide of that shit. Every little number calculated and input by tank130.
I did that after 7 hours of creating the artwork for the Warmap.........

just sayin

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 12:42:36 pm »

Warmap is just one suggestion. There are lots of way to encourage players to play unconventional maps.

Take for example how people (yourself included) encourage people to try their maps.

As a recent example, you were hosting games in the launcher and informing everyone who joined that the game was specifically to play a certain map. This, unlike demanding it in the actual COH lobby, is a REALLY good way to let players prepare and agree to a specific non-standard map ahead of time.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 02:49:21 pm »

I still like my idea and the work would be minimal have one dev flip the switch for X amount of reward points a week if the objective was done. Leave for a few days.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 03:05:46 pm »

Jut give penalties for playing a map 5 times in a row.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2013, 02:59:44 am »

People don't play Neuville because they are afraid to change their company, It's the exact opposite. People play Neuville because they know many different companies and playstyles work on that map. Where as on on other maps it's restricted and some specific companies and playstyles have a clear advantage over others so you are forced to either play a game that doesn't come down to skill or you are forced to use a company that fits a specific map.

The idea that you should have to adjust your company to be able to play on all maps and against all companies, it's a good thought, but in practice it comes down as I before mentioned playing against a company you can't counter because of the map. Therefor the map rotation is limited, because players want a map where all companies work and no units are much stronger than others by some pretext you cannot affect. So that it comes to down skill, micromanagement and teamwork. Not that the game is already decided by what map or company some player brought.

If the map was chosen in the launcher (by the warmap for example) then it would be a completely different story. Then you'd know what map it's going be beforehand so you can consider that when making a company. But creating a company tailored to a specific map and then refusing to play any other, I would consider that griefing at the very lowest level.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:13:21 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 03:15:16 am »

Well if u could tie maps to warmap sectors and then made the warmap important..............
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc