Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:16:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Korean war movie  (Read 2732 times)
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 17, 2013, 09:08:42 am »

Can't remember the name of it. It was a good couple of years ago.

It had them on the frontline. There was 3 koreans that i think were infiltrating the south? and there going through a snow filled field next to a road, when one steps on a landmine and stands very still. An american tank passes and asks what's up they point to the landmine and he says shit, good luck, drives off. The koreans can't speak a lick of english aswell. the 2 eventually leave him and you see hear the 3rd scream and a explosion.

Also had trenchs and shit and followed a commander, and were firing mortars out of big fucking barrels? Might be 2 diffrent movies.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 09:20:47 am »

Maybe you made a mix of two movies, but Brotherhood could fit to your request.

9th Armoured Engineers
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 09:30:48 am »

Any movie that portrays mines in that regard automatically losses points. There is not a single mine in existence that does not detonate the moment it is triggered.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 09:36:54 am »

There is a film like this. American soldiers were sitting on the M4 (probably it was M4) and were laughing at Korean soldier, instead of help him.

Anyway sorry I don't remember the name of it ;/

Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 09:59:30 am »

Any movie that portrays mines in that regard automatically losses points. There is not a single mine in existence that does not detonate the moment it is triggered.

Surely the bouncing betty doesn't explode the moment you step on it, otherwise it wouldn't "jump"?

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 10:08:02 am »

I remember what you are talking about, but with a added event I think you forgot.

After the american tank leaves laughing about how he "stepped on a french landmind and how he will lose his legs bla bla" , one of the guys pulls out a knife and slips it under his comrades boot then puts pressure down. Doing so he allows his friend to leave, but instead he will be stuck there holding the landmine.

Surely the bouncing betty doesn't explode the moment you step on it, otherwise it wouldn't "jump"?
All properly made bouncing bettys aren't set off by stepping on it, they are set off by stepping near it.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 10:08:46 am »

It's still a detonation. Once you've triggered it the propulsion charge ignites. The mine shoots up and the primary charge detonates. It all happens very quickly. But the fact is, the moment a pressure plate is triggered, that mine is going to go off. There's no standing on it.

The only time pressure plates are used that function similar to this manner are anti tampering devices. Say you stack 3 AT mines ontop of eachother, the one on the bottom has the pressure switch pressed and if you remove the top mines it will detonate. The mine is already primed in this way though and the similarities end there.

Quite simply what it comes down to is that Mines are intended to create casualties. Not outright kill. Similarly, AT mines can't be destructive enough to erase a tank, so often times the vehicle is a mobility kill. You maximize casualties by having mines detonate as soon as they are triggered. If you allowed mines to be defused by some silly Hollywood notion of tension the number of casualties inflicted would be lessened.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:13:24 am by brn4meplz » Logged
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 08:33:56 am »

I remember what you are talking about, but with a added event I think you forgot.

After the american tank leaves laughing about how he "stepped on a french landmind and how he will lose his legs bla bla" , one of the guys pulls out a knife and slips it under his comrades boot then puts pressure down. Doing so he allows his friend to leave, but instead he will be stuck there holding the landmine.
All properly made bouncing bettys aren't set off by stepping on it, they are set off by stepping near it.

yeah, now i remember that part, any idea what movie it is? I can't seem to find it.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 08:47:42 am »

Movies name is assemebly for anyone wanting to watch it. It's about 3 chinese spys in the korean war. Pretty good shit tbh.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 10:35:51 am »

It's about 3 chinese spys in the korean war.
I would say thats not perfectly accurate, a large amount of the movie is in china portraying the civil war.
Pretty good shit tbh.
Very accurate statement +10
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 11:15:46 am »

yeah, now i remember that part, any idea what movie it is? I can't seem to find it.

Maybe you made a mix of two movies, but Brotherhood could fit to your request.

Brotherhood (Not 100% sure)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386064/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc