Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:38:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sniper!  (Read 10836 times)
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 02:57:35 pm »

You can get a T4 ability even as a complettely new guy....

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 03:02:21 pm »

So your advice is "lose a whole bunch of games to get a little vet and learn how to play"? I did that. I know how to play the game, and I'm not too terrible either. I won twice in 2v2s yesterday before playing this particular match, and if you'll watch the replay I only start losing lots of guys when I lose all hope and send in swarms of infantry to try and kill something to try and get a little vet. Hell, we almost killed a Vet 3 Panther, but because of its veterancy, whoever was controlling it was able to develop the wonderful tactic of parking it between a Sherman and an AT gun and getting pounded on by both until it kills them. Vet 3 Grenadiers also have the awesome power to walk through mines and lose maybe 1 man out of a squad. Isn't that something?

I know I'm not great, but don't lecture me on "learning the game" or regale me with stories of "Back in my day..." when I am in fact semi-competent. I just find it rather annoying that there is no real way to sort games out such that you don't find out the hard way that the person you're facing has 100+ games under their belt, T4 doctrine abilities and more XP than a WoW character. Some kind of levelling system (similar to vCOH) visible in the EiR Launcher would, I think, solve at least that problem.

I've played 100+ games and there's a good chance that your company is more vetted than mine.

CommanderNewbie - Allied
Prydefalcn - Axis
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 03:03:21 pm »

I tend to lose all my vet 2's so I barely ever have a vet 3, except my engy's not that they matter.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 03:03:51 pm »

Right to rather than take some constructive feedback you'd rather attack existing members who are offering some help and advice on how to progress in the mod.

We are trying to help if you want to take that in another fashion good luck to you sir and good day!

Matter closed  

|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 03:05:42 pm »

ranking will be in version 2.0.
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 03:20:53 pm »

So your advice is "lose a whole bunch of games to get a little vet and learn how to play"? I did that. I know how to play the game, and I'm not too terrible either. I won twice in 2v2s yesterday before playing this particular match, and if you'll watch the replay I only start losing lots of guys when I lose all hope and send in swarms of infantry to try and kill something to try and get a little vet. Hell, we almost killed a Vet 3 Panther, but because of its veterancy, whoever was controlling it was able to develop the wonderful tactic of parking it between a Sherman and an AT gun and getting pounded on by both until it kills them. Vet 3 Grenadiers also have the awesome power to walk through mines and lose maybe 1 man out of a squad. Isn't that something?

I know I'm not great, but don't lecture me on "learning the game" or regale me with stories of "Back in my day..." when I am in fact semi-competent. I just find it rather annoying that there is no real way to sort games out such that you don't find out the hard way that the person you're facing has 100+ games under their belt, T4 doctrine abilities and more XP than a WoW character. Some kind of levelling system (similar to vCOH) visible in the EiR Launcher would, I think, solve at least that problem.

I'll make you a deal.  I won't lecture you if you won't complain that a system that works for everyone else, is unfair.  "Isn't that something" that you are the only person with this problem?

Sorry, tried to help, but you are wrong.  You're starting with enough CP for T4 abilities too, and if you've played enough games to warrant calling yourself "semi-competent" than you ought to have enough xp to compete on an even playing field.  Now its starting to sound more like you're making excuses for losing.  You are wrong, and I strongly suggest that you start getting used to believing that its possible.

Good luck.  I'll save my breath for someone else.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 03:31:46 pm »

Now it's time for me to weigh in on the subject.

Pay your dues, don't complain, and you will be accepted into this amazing community. 

Complain about losing or having to fight against better players than yourself and you will always and forever be an outsider.

Vet vet sweet vet.  I have a brand new company that has a few vet 2 units and my win loss % is 66.67.  So the BS argument that vet is everything is just that, BS.  VET DOESN'T FIX STUPID.

To all the noobs who complain or are thinking of complaining.  We were all noobs once.  I don't care what your momma told you, you are not special!  Not everyone should go to college, and not everyone is a winner.  Just because our society says win or lose everyone should get a trophy, because we need to protect little Johnny's ego, doesn't mean I have to do it on the battle field.  Suck it up, try to have fun, and you WILL get there.  Should this game be leveled to the point that a total noob can beat an AmPm or Apex or Evilnrg?  F#%@ THAT.  When the game gets that watered down i'm out. 
* DasNoob ends rant.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Mobius Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 03:36:34 pm »

I started a new profile to try out infantry company, so I don't have hardly any XP although I have played several games on my previous profile. FYI, none of the infantry company T4s can be had with the starting 50 CP, though you may be correct about other companies, I'm not sure. But thanks for your suggestions and derision.
Doce Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 03:40:02 pm »

I got my t4 after my first game. Tank Reapers is infantry, is it not?

"How many in a dozen, mofo?"
Mobius Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 03:41:11 pm »

Yeah, I'm just saying you can't get T4 with the starting 50 CP, you can after 2-3 wins if you don't spend it on other things (which I did, because I suck at everything and will never get any better)
Doce Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 03:45:49 pm »

Tier 4 doesn't mean you win automatically, anyway. What doctrine abilities do you have or are you going for?
Mobius Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 03:48:39 pm »

Oh, I just picked a smattering of abilities. This profile was just to test out the infantry company, not really prioritizing anything at this point.
salan
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2008, 03:53:52 pm »

Now it's time for me to weigh in on the subject.

Pay your dues, don't complain, and you will be accepted into this amazing community. 

Complain about losing or having to fight against better players than yourself and you will always and forever be an outsider.

Vet vet sweet vet.  I have a brand new company that has a few vet 2 units and my win loss % is 66.67.  So the BS argument that vet is everything is just that, BS.  VET DOESN'T FIX STUPID.

To all the noobs who complain or are thinking of complaining.  We were all noobs once.  I don't care what your momma told you, you are not special!  Not everyone should go to college, and not everyone is a winner.  Just because our society says win or lose everyone should get a trophy, because we need to protect little Johnny's ego, doesn't mean I have to do it on the battle field.  Suck it up, try to have fun, and you WILL get there.  Should this game be leveled to the point that a total noob can beat an AmPm or Apex or Evilnrg?  F#%@ THAT.  When the game gets that watered down i'm out. 
* DasNoob ends rant.

ampm had like a 50% win / loss ratio for the majority of this war, he managed to get it together in the later parts ...
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2008, 07:41:20 pm »

double shot was needed due to the larger squad sizes the allies have, they don't have the same impact an allied sniper does.
The natural prey of snipers is weapons teams. Unless you get fifty bajillion kills, snipers can't pay for themselves by targeting infantry.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2008, 09:06:42 pm »

"Why was double shot eliminated?"

Imagine this; Tommy squad with LT engages Volks squad, Volks squads takes 20% health off the LT. A moment later, the LT is instantly killed by an Axis sniper due to double shot.
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2008, 09:32:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's just a side effect of the anti-ferocity changes.
DBSights3 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2008, 11:45:26 pm »

still, double shot should be put back in or something else added to make the axis sniper back on par w/ the allied one.

Next patch fl-?  Smiley

Time will tell. Sooner or later, Time will tell.
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 08:34:37 am »

It's not like there's a gross imbalance because there's no double-shot at vet 3 Tongue
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 08:00:37 pm »

It's not like the Brits have been added yet, either. Smiley
snipes Offline
retarded one
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 09:18:30 pm »

well my say is that new players should pay attention tot he leader board and not join games they are goign to get noob bashed in

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc