Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:17:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.7.9a Patch Notes  (Read 24528 times)
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2010, 10:56:23 am »

Yep, although it has worse than normal penalties vs light cover, so while it is highly effective against units in the open, any sort of cover will defeat it.

theoretically its really stupidfixing. get chased by a riflesquad? boom, squad suppressed, im outta here!
dont have practical experience though..

The terror sniper is practically impossible to track with infantry anyways.  No "unit sniped" indicator remember?
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2010, 11:01:09 am »

now its even harder to chase. ppl will have to use jeepblobs again

crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2010, 11:42:21 am »

just tested out the terror sniper again with that suppression buff. i still see no difference. it suppressed an AB squad but then i forgot AB has fireup so that went to shit. Arnt there usually more than one rifle squad together at times? If one is suppressed then others will chase and eventually find the sniper.

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2010, 11:47:54 am »

just tested out the terror sniper again with that suppression buff. i still see no difference. it suppressed an AB squad but then i forgot AB has fireup so that went to shit. Arnt there usually more than one rifle squad together at times? If one is suppressed then others will chase and eventually find the sniper.

leth me guess? the AB squad ran right into your sniper after fireup?

BUT HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??
The terror sniper is practically impossible to track with infantry anyways.  No "unit sniped" indicator remember?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2010, 11:53:24 am »

I wanna know why that sniper is even out by himself.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2010, 04:12:09 pm »

So snipe again? The Wehr sniper refire rate is once every six seconds or so isn't it? You could probably keep two rifle squads off you indefinitely like that.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2010, 06:45:13 pm »

I dont think you could keep 2 squads off you forever, but if you had a spotter and went run and gun with your sniper, I could see you lasting a damn long time.  really like the new terror sniper, seems good to me.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2010, 01:27:15 pm »

i want to see it in action first but ithink its op. simply because it can suppress inf
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2010, 01:28:21 pm »

its fake and gay and useless.

even if u supress 1 squad, thers always another and if even one guy of the 6 man squad is standing in some sort of cover it wont work.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2010, 01:46:00 pm »

btw you gave me idea for a terror abilitt with this sup sniper, how is that shit called in vcoh? propaganda? The thing which retreats units to HQ ofcourse in EiR it would be retardly OP but it could come back as suppression or pin for a short durration and small area.

Sry for offtop.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2010, 02:18:17 pm »

so you want basically a strafe run with the damage with the click of a button.

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2010, 02:28:21 pm »

btw you gave me idea for a terror abilitt with this sup sniper, how is that shit called in vcoh? propaganda? The thing which retreats units to HQ ofcourse in EiR it would be retardly OP but it could come back as suppression or pin for a short durration and small area.

Sry for offtop.

wait and see Wink
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2010, 02:28:48 pm »

supression without damage...

well it was idea how to adjust vcoh ability into eir enviroment.
Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2010, 03:19:49 pm »

Sry for offtop.

It would be cool if Prop War just retreated a single unit to the spawn point w/o actually forcing it off the map (probably a coding impossibility or something though...) That way if you were launching an offensive you could retreat those pesky RRs to clear the way for your tanks, but you couldnt just remove an enemy's unit for the rest of the game

Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2010, 03:27:20 pm »

Sry for offtop.

It would be cool if Prop War just retreated a single unit to the spawn point w/o actually forcing it off the map (probably a coding impossibility or something though...) That way if you were launching an offensive you could retreat those pesky RRs to clear the way for your tanks, but you couldnt just remove an enemy's unit for the rest of the game

1)You take mines pioneer in a half-track.
2)You send this/those half-track(s) to the ennemy spam point.
3)You mine with pioneers.
4)You go away with your pioneers.
5)You use propaganda war against the pesky vet 3 AB.
6)Boom ! Grin

Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2010, 03:32:43 pm »

^^ creativity win  Cheesy
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2010, 06:00:02 pm »

4.5) Enemy calls on new squads with spawn buff, blows up mine.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc