Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:22:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIRR Secrets Revealed - 7: Veterancy and Reporting battles!  (Read 25924 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« on: February 05, 2009, 03:23:23 am »

EIR:R Secrets Revealed - 7: Veterancy

In the current version of Europe in Ruins there is no cost structure for Veterancy.  This is causing companies to be full of fully vetted troops, with no cost incurred and no negatives to be had.  This fact has a very large impact on those who do not have a vetted company be it new players, returning players, or casual players.

EiR:R plans to change this circumstance.

We will be implementing a Veterancy unlock system with Reinforcements.  A unit is basically unable to obtain any further vet once it reaches the vet 2 threshold,  It will hover 1 point short of vet 2, unless the player buys the training on a unit per unit basis; aka upgrade the unit to vet 2.  This is repeated again 1 point shy of vet 3.

This training will further the prestige environment by using PP as its cost.  The Prestige cost of the training is also dynamic based on the unit itself, yet once it is finalized it is non refundable in any manner.

Also to note there is not going to be any exp penalties in EIR:R at this time, nor will there be FREE exp for simply owning the unit.  Your units must now earn the exp they gain, and as stated many times in the past we have taken large steps to make units more survivable when it comes to things that previously never had a means to get away and survive a fight.

We understand that having to invest your hard earned Prestige into vet unlocks means that you indeed need the vet to be worth the investment.  To this end, we have reworked the vet tables completely in a more standardized outlook, and plan a full release of them when reinforcements goes live.

Secrets Revealed 7 - The Incremental Reporting system

We have noted that one of the biggest problems with the current system is the ability to desync a game, and cause it not to report.  Incremental Reporting was on the table from the very first days, and is something we are very excited to have accomplished in a means that ultimately shouldn't even make a user aware that it is happening.

This means that while you have a large pp investment in your troops, dropping your game will not make them magically survive something that ultimately caused them to die.  The main goal of this is to cease the constant flow of abandoning games which we are currently seeing.  Games will simply process themselves once they have started.

Exciting times are ahead... Look out for the next and last Secrets Revealed, Pricing..  and the impending release of Europe in Ruins: Reinforcements.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:56:17 am by salan » Logged

Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:49:50 am »

If the veted unit die, you lose your PP cost for that veted unit?
Killing retreating units may be devastating tactic now.

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 03:50:30 am »

If the veted unit die, you lose your PP cost for that veted unit?
Killing retreating units may be devastating tactic now.

oh thank you, amending something.

changed it:

This training will further the prestige environment by using PP as its cost.  The Prestige cost of the training is also dynamic based on the unit itself, yet once it is finalized it is non refundable in any manner.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:56:09 am by salan » Logged
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 04:01:34 am »

Veterancy - This is a brilliant idea. This will help to even the difference somewhat but I think tying a manpower and munition cost to them will help to limit it even more. As it is, a single raid assault vet 3 AB squad will wipe out quite a few squads in its initial run.

Incremental Reporting - About time too. Care to reveal incremental reporting by how many mins? Or will it be a "secret" so that people will not know when they should "desync" to avoid losing their vet 3 stuff?
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 04:05:08 am »

no info will be released on the incremental reporting at this time sorry, just that it is a thing of beauty..!

All official information that needs to be shared will be at release.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 04:23:05 am »

One clearification salan.
So from what i understand xp advancement will be the same as before, earned through fighting, but having now a cap that each time have to be purchased for further advancement to be eligible.
Or
Vet 2 and 3 will be bought regardless of xp gained in battle ?

Also what do you mean no exp penalties in EIR:R ?
This means no xp decay ?
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 04:23:57 am »

can't wait ! Shocked

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 04:31:12 am »

One clearification salan.
So from what i understand xp advancement will be the same as before, earned through fighting, but having now a cap that each time have to be purchased for further advancement to be eligible.
Or
Vet 2 and 3 will be bought regardless of xp gained in battle ?

Vet 2 and 3 are bought regardless. You can't reach those levels on your unit until you have bought the extra training for them.

Also what do you mean no exp penalties in EIR:R ?
This means no xp decay ?

As it stand in EIR today, when you lose a battle, your entire army is hit with a 10% decrease of all your vetereancy, in EIRR, this won't happen.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 04:35:53 am »

Removal of Vet decay will alleviate a bit of the pressure when you are considering playing with a new player.  If you happen to lose the fight, and maintain your units life's, they don't get punished for you playing that game in the first place.

Of course on the flip side, you no longer gain any exp for units that don't actually EARN their exp fighting.  Time to use those Engineers!
AmPmAllied Offline
509th Airborne
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 04:37:55 am »

In other words, it doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you don't lose any of your PP investments.

PP gain = same, win or lose

Vet gain = same, win or lose

Just don't lose anything important.

509th Airborne
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 04:42:30 am »

So does this mean that fighting does nothing? Sorry I'm slightly confused.

I can only buy the vet when I'm close to the threshold?
Or
I can buy it at any time
Or
It's cheaper when I'm near the threshold?

Thanks!

Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 04:53:42 am »

Well alleviating the pressure is one thing, but i think youre hurting persistency here, when taking away the entire risk vs gain in a persistent environment.

And what stops entire vet 3 companies now, that you stated that "We understand that having to invest your hard earned Prestige into vet unlocks means that you indeed need the vet to be worth the investment." ??
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 04:58:31 am »

The PP cost prevents entire vet 3 armies.   Noone will be able to sustain them (well, if they can, congrats)

Basically it works like this:

My riflemen battle it out, in a battle they got past the vet 1 threshold in two-three games.

They vetted ingame to vet one, and I was happy.

Game #4, I earned enough to become vet 2, however they are now frozen at vet 1, 1 xp point away from vet 2, until I purchase their training.

They then continue their career as being awesome, for another 3 games, and reach the threshold for vet 3.   Again, they will remain at 1xp away from Vet 3, until I purchase further training.

Does this clear it up?

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 05:00:27 am »

EIR:R Secrets Revealed - 7: Veterancy
Exciting times are ahead... Look out for the next and last Secrets Revealed, Pricing..  and the impending release of Europe in Ruins: Reinforcements.

woot

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 05:09:51 am »

Pretty much Cheesy
So what about all those units being tied up to lvl 1 or 2, all that vet Also.
Do you think that you are making this a bit too casual as far as winning/losing, risk/gain goes?
Whats the story behind that ? And how that will reflect on a persistent war ?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 05:12:57 am »

sounds awesome, makes sense and adds in another thing to spend ur pp's on, therefore increasing the role playing element of eir. wtg guys, this is really awesome. and the incremental reporting is a thing of genius. Personally....i'd say keep it secret for as long as possible, although im sure once a few gams are one, it'll be easy to find out yourself. You guys have really outdone yourself...i wondeer what relic thinks of eir, you've taken t heir game and done something i bet they never thought of.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 05:14:08 am »

Pretty much Cheesy
Do you think that you are making this a bit too casual as far as winning/losing, risk/gain goes?
Whats the story behind that ? And how that will reflect on a persistent war ?

personally, i dont think so. You can't lose vet by losing by you have to train for a unit to get higher.  Also remember, they're re-working the vet code so it should be interesting to see what you get at each level and if its more worth it now, cuz i know certain untis at vet 2/3 you're like "why bother..."
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 05:21:12 am »

Yeah, we are trying to make all vet bonuses something that you would actually want for a unit.

Not sure what you mean.

Casual?  CASUAL?  Jeez, I thought this was going a bit hardcore tbh.
martin_the_monkey1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 05:22:33 am »

how dose this work if some one drop hacks cuz you could end up with lots of different reports?
if it use your own  report for you battel someone who drop hacks using a relic bug* could drop a full  battle field then pic up some free vet killing of stupid AI that forgets to retreat
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 05:24:01 am »

Its being handled.  Nuff said ;P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc