Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:33:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR:R Secrets Revealed 8 - Pricing  (Read 22036 times)
RikiRude4 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 07:27:14 pm »

looks great, and ill wait til its out before making an opinion, but so far it looks more complex then it should be =P

All I know is I can't wait to play as british royal engs and PE scorched earth, I love booby traps and hummels!
Clavis55o Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 07:27:57 pm »

im liking how u can choose the battle type

Jebus Offline
132nd Defensive Division
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 07:50:05 pm »

People are gonna have problems with the launcher because some people don't like change. Honestly though, i got use to it pretty quickly.

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 07:59:37 pm »

Yes, people may complain.

But then again, as they say - Pearls before swine ;P

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
UnLimiTeDTLS2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 08:13:34 pm »

Wait, so the 4men Tankbustersquad is more expensive than a Schrecked Grenadier squad? Shocked
BigDick
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 08:17:37 pm »

launcher looks really great good taste
i hated the ugly old "pre"-alpha design of current launcher

hopefully it is more attractive now for new players
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 08:18:05 pm »

Unlimited... how do you know that Wehr haven't be repriced Wink
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 08:19:43 pm »

Wait, so the 4men Tankbustersquad is more expensive than a Schrecked Grenadier squad? Shocked

Bear in mind that there is another balance patch 'in the works', but didn't get in before release.  Expect (at least) to see the Bergetiger changed to be less expensive in fuel, the quad to get a manpower increase, and I can't remember off the top of my head what else.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
UnLimiTeDTLS2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 08:21:26 pm »

It should be listed in the changelog then, would it?

Oh, that explains something. Yeah, well, We'll see. They should be cheaper atleast Smiley
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 08:53:10 pm »

Normally I'm negative, but the launcher looks great, well done guys. Smiley

I don't think it's any more complicated than any game launcher in any game and I'm sure that any layout problems that evolve over time will be ironed out.

Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2009, 09:04:21 pm »

We will Reset also all Battle nummers right? Ex; we cant download "Battle #19960"

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2009, 09:06:21 pm »

yep, battle numbers are also reset.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Wildfire
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 09:36:29 pm »

reinforcements (the game mode) rocks, i think that it will be VERY popular. Especially in 2v2 matches.
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2009, 02:52:07 am »

reinforcements (the game mode) rocks, i think that it will be VERY popular. Especially in 2v2 matches.
Yeah times when double brits would be epic fail, but price of sherman, ouch.
So when will it be, 2-3 days?
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2009, 02:56:08 am »

Double Brits isn't fail at all. You just can't play British like Wehr or Americans.

You need to rethink they way you would normally play.
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2009, 03:00:08 am »

Double Brits isn't fail at all. You just can't play British like Wehr or Americans.

You need to rethink they way you would normally play.
I know, even in vcoh that wasn't much possible, yes double brits can be much effective,but that's need much coordination and teamwork, more then another armies. I know about mobile emplacments, but someone must cover it before it will deploy/redeploy.
Vondrakin Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2009, 03:43:04 am »

Im glad to see such positive feedback on the launcher, Nevyen and I are still working on it, and if he ever wants to see his kitten again he will get back to work...

just another cat drinking coffee
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2009, 04:02:00 am »

Sniper pricing is bad.

Ami:
- Sniper 540 MP, 250 Mun, 7 pop (From 580 MP, 300 Mun, 7 pop)

Wehr:
- Sniper 500 MP, 250 Mun, 7 pop (From 520 MP, 250 Mun, 7 pop)

I have been using snipers extensively and I can tell you that the American sniper will be MORE ECONOMICAL than the wehr sniper. This is due to the fact that currently, allied artillery are more common place and effective than axis artillery as well as many different units that can take out an allied sniper.

The axis sniper has to worry about for instance; Fast Offmap artys/strafe, Calliope barrage, Suicide Crocs, M10 crush, Sherman Crush, Fired up Rangers/AB suiciding themselves to kill a sniper, BARed rifles (kills snipers even faster than LMG42 surprisingly, I think its partly because of the decrease accuracy modifiers), triple jeep rush (w/ Armour Doctrine which makes jeeps insanely tough) as well as counter allied snipers.

Counter allied snipers are a major threat to the axis sniper because of their veterancy which grants them a chance of surviving a counter snipe.

The allied sniper in retrospect has to worry about; Axis offmap arty (V1, Firestorm but T4 Rocket is the only arty that can drop fast enough as compared to allied offmaps strafe & 1 sec arty), Axis onmap arty while seemingly dangerous, are only effective if the player does not hear the tell tale signs of the nebelwerfer (highest chance of killing sniper) or the rockets firing in the background where as the calliope barrage covers a HUGE area and hits relatively faster than the stuka or nebel. Axis infantry rushes are less common because no axis unit has fire up which makes it a piece of cake to hide behind HMGs and BAR rifles or .50 cal Half Track.

Consider also the damage dealt per shot.

The most common target for a sniper is infantry. Nowadays I see more grenadiers than volksgrenadiers (in most of the games I've played) and they commonly come with a LMG or Shrek, both or dual. This puts the grenadiers at an extremely expensive amount at 240 MP (unless u have reduction bonuses) and at least 75 Munitions or 110 (LMG42 right?). In comparison, the allied equivalent of rifleman (barring Rangers and AB) at 200 MP and maybe a BAR or Stickie is at 75 - 80 Munitions.

A single shot from the allied sniper takes out 60MP instantly and guaranteed unless the player has the blitz ability of reduced incoming fire which provides a chance of snipers missing. The axis sniper in comparison, takes out a meagre 33.3 MP per shot which have a higher chance of missing with the enemy infantry having vet 1, 25% reduce incoming fire.

If you compare the performance of elite infantry, Rangers are the only "cost effective" option to snipe because of their higher cost. However, the fire up option to "suicide" rush your sniper may make your decision to shoot them become silly in hindsight. As for Airborne, they have a reduced incoming fire when they move and if you stack that with Vet 1, they are quite dangerous indeed, having nearly a 1 in 2 chance of hitting for a sharp shooter.

For axis, the only elite infantry (barring Stormtroopers which are just as easily sniped as Grens) is KCH and they are better dealt by using tanks or BARed rifles. However, while the KCH is extremely HARDY against snipers, they are rather expensive at 320 MP and 100 Munis and extremely vulnerable to EVERYTHING which isn't infantry or can suppress them unless they have Vet 2 or FTFL/IA.

The common argument for allied snipers being equivalent to axis snipers is due to squad size and rate of fire, that the axis sniper fires faster. This is unfortunately, only true on paper and theory. In practice, there is only a small window of opportunity of firing at near maximum range where the enemy cannot kill your sniper fast enough or for a counter sniper to respond adequately with your screening infantry in front.

This window of opportunity occurs sporadically but not often enough such that it is shorter than the reload time unless you have your sniper constantly firing at an enemy but this is only possible when all manners of counter (against the axis sniper) are currently exhausted at the moment such as jeep spam, strafe, counter snipe which is the most common counter against an "exposed" sniper.

Therefore, the argument of "faster rate of fire" while sound on paper, fails terribly in practice.

The allied sniper however, is MOST VULNERABLE to cloaked storms and more often than not, these two ALWAYS bump into each other on the field sneaking about, which pushes me to employ the tactic of using 2 rifle squads to "screen" for my sniper infront, absorbing fire and damage while the sniper behind deals the REAL damage.

The munition limitation is rather fair, at 250 Munis, it is perhaps, more reasonably priced than 300 munis though arguably, I averaged my allied snipers at a minimum of 20 kills each which easily buys back their 300 munitions. The limiting factor to employing snipers in my opinion, should be Manpower because employing snipers to take out common infantry and anti tank guns (remanned by volks) are the most common usage of sniper.

While shooting at HMGs and mortars are novel, these chances rarely occur and often entail a lot of risk such as the unreliablity of sniping a unit in a building (HMG), the amount of units which normally guard mortars as compared to sniping at skirmishing infantry on the front lines.

I propose as a result, that allied snipers should have a minimum Manpower cost of 600 and above, capping at 650 where as Axis Snipers MUST cost BELOW 500 Manpower going to a minimum of 450 MP.

This is based on my current experience in extensively employing snipers to fight on both allies and axis. If you require further justification and discussion please contact me via PM or on ventrilo as I suspect whatever I'm discussing might be too esoteric.

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2009, 04:05:07 am »

Hey, Did you here we're using the first launch to balance out the core units?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2009, 04:14:00 am »

Yes pzgen god, you already made a whole freakin thread on this we know, dont care.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc