Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:27:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 29, 2024, 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for Blitz Doctrine Ability  (Read 5570 times)
Wolster Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 13, 2009, 08:20:40 am »

Was thinking of the gaps in the blitz doctrine tree & thought about buffing Tank machine gun damage (not suppression tho as included in Terror tree), it would fit in nicely in the Blitz tank buffing choices, particularly as range bonuses may soon be a thing of the past, & could feature as a lower tier tech where there are no/few tank buffs at present.

Anyway, put it out there to see what the community thought.
Wolster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 08:31:52 am »

Oops sorry please move this to 'Suggestions'.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 09:05:45 am »

Similar to the mounted MG suppresion buff?  But doing damage.

Might be an ok ability - if done right, and theres a spot for it.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 09:14:36 am »

Similar to the mounted MG suppresion buff?  But doing damage.

Might be an ok ability - if done right, and theres a spot for it.

no plz stop buffing axis tanks, stop the humanity!

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Wolster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 09:24:16 am »

Well i dont see why an AB RR squad should be queen of the battlefield, this type of buff would help alleiviate that exact problem.

Also when we look at the US armoured doctrine and the shear scale of the buffs across all of the tiers & compare to the blitz shear lack of tank buffs accept for its T4s (despite it being the most likely doctrine to buff tanks) i dont see the issue.

Really if id asked for extra armour or more reduced penatration I think you would be right to complain but upping the damage abit on a fairly weak mounted machine gun doesnt seem over the top.

Anyway these gaps in the Doctrine have still got to be filled & you could find alot more disagreeable buffs applied than this i would think.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 11:37:15 am »

Well i dont see why an AB RR squad should be queen of the battlefield, this type of buff would help alleiviate that exact problem.

Also when we look at the US armoured doctrine and the shear scale of the buffs across all of the tiers & compare to the blitz shear lack of tank buffs accept for its T4s (despite it being the most likely doctrine to buff tanks) i dont see the issue.

Really if id asked for extra armour or more reduced penatration I think you would be right to complain but upping the damage abit on a fairly weak mounted machine gun doesnt seem over the top.

Anyway these gaps in the Doctrine have still got to be filled & you could find alot more disagreeable buffs applied than this i would think.

Except that a super buffed Sherman is still less effective than a P4 with only GS or HEAT? Or ignoring the fact that blitz also buffs your infantry, buffs your team and provides an offmap?

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 12:04:06 pm »

i lolled at 'shear buffs with armour company'
Wolster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 12:43:14 pm »

I am assuming that their is an inherant cost difference between a basic sherman & a P4 that covers the initial disparaty between the 2 units, & how the fuck uping the damage of a bloody machine gun makes any difference to a match up between a fuckin sherman & a P4 i dont no.

Care to offer some doctrine choices yourself AMPM/Deadbolt, nope, thought not whats up afraid someone will just try & shread your opinions up & make you look foolish, quite likely.

These sort of elitist bullshit snobbery replies are just the sort of shit i expected from this forum, & often demonstrait all that is bad in this games community, anyway ill leave all further discussions as my opinions arn't of the same elitist bull standard necessary to compete.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 12:51:04 pm »

well im not a modder i dont wtf it does, but i know that p4 already snipes inf, it doesnt need a fuckin mg buff to become an even better all round killing machine
Wolster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 01:00:33 pm »

Fair enough, at least you made a decent response this time, with a genuine argument.

Please withdraw my suggestion no further interest in defending this post.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 01:05:39 pm »

no, its alright for stugs i guess, but p4s are to strong, nerf its main gun and u have a valid suggestion
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 03:23:48 pm »

stugs, stuhs, panthers sure... p4's really don't need it as a 'counter to ab blobs'.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 03:26:38 pm »

german tanks fail anyways to counter ABs (especially P4s) since the range on RRs was buffed. its just not worth the HP u lose to kill an AB squad, srsly

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 04:17:00 pm »

RR range was never buffed.

That's the same as saying that Panther range was buffed to 55, because there's a T3 called improved barrels.

StuG MG is freaking retardedly powerful - it needs no buffs, not via doctrines, not at all.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 05:17:55 pm »

? what about the 40 range ?
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 05:20:58 pm »

Airborne T4 RR range needs to be nerfed imo.

neway offtopic

i was thinking a more potent buff to "keep it moving" which decreases reload time and less incoming accuracy at maybe a T2

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 05:53:57 pm »

Airborne T4 RR range needs to be nerfed imo.

neway offtopic

i was thinking a more potent buff to "keep it moving" which decreases reload time and less incoming accuracy at maybe a T2

If this is true, then so does Improved Barrels and Scopes and TH Sights TBH.
Sixpack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 07:10:49 am »

People will kill me for this idea but Blitz should get something that allows its tanks and infantry to break threw allied defences (mainly the always omnipotent fear of stickys and bren button) so to actually make it Blitzkrieg and not Sitzkrieg.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 07:24:05 am »

not quite sure what you want, they already get Stuhs, snipers, mortars and stormies. Do you mean an offmap?

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Sixpack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 07:28:32 am »

Pretty simple, I want something that allows it to attack an allied defence and take it out fast, not grind it down piecemeal, now, if those smoke launchers would allow commando cloack......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc