Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:17:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger not so tiger  (Read 8275 times)
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 30, 2009, 02:42:31 am »

after playing a couple of games with the standard blitz tiger i find it to be not rather powerful, also it's range of fire seems rather smaller...in some ways a panther is alot better even in armour values against things like shermans, m10 and firefly's, i find it rather disapointing that i can't use it 2 the effet that i would like to be able.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 02:45:03 am »

Wait for doctrines?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 02:50:38 am »

It's inferior to the "old" tiger due to the fact that in the old EiR you'd only be able to unlock tigers after getting the "improved barrels" buff.
Which meant, your tigers would have 10-20 percent more range than the current one. I don't remember what the exact buff was, heh.

A tiger is not a tank hunter, like the panther, it's meant for supporting an armie's push, not solo pouncing enemy tank battalions Wink. It has decent accuracy and splash vs infantry, use it more like a pershing.

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 03:03:03 am »

right now the most cost/effective  heavy tank would be the persh , its the allies  tiger ace but has lower hp of 1000 not 1500.

for germans would be the KT if you overlook the speed it can deal damage and survive 3 m10 bum rush if you have good micro 

tiger and ta are just meh now   panther > tigers

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 03:04:51 am »

the tiger ace is considerably faster and has better turret rotation than the pershing as well.
And the gun is weaker on the pershing.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 03:06:41 am »

the tiger ace is considerably faster and has better turret rotation than the pershing as well.

tiger ace is only a little faster than the persh ,  persh is 5.2 and ta is 5.5 as i remember from coh stats.the gun is not so weaker , ive fought 1v1 pershs w/o vet and often ta shells bounced off while persh was hitting me hard,  if not the hp  ta would loose to persh.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 03:14:28 am »

real COH 1v1  not edited pic

panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 03:28:13 am »

damn that is prity bad...are they planning on giving it a buff cause it should be like a pak 88 on wheels but it's more like heavily armored p4 on the field with wats seems like shorter range of fire, i hope they fix it :S

i mean don't tell me i spent 3 pp and more man power for a weapon that is less effective than a panther Sad at least make it a little better lol
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 03:46:54 am »

tiger ace is only a little faster than the persh ,  persh is 5.2 and ta is 5.5 as i remember from coh stats.the gun is not so weaker , ive fought 1v1 pershs w/o vet and often ta shells bounced off while persh was hitting me hard,  if not the hp  ta would loose to persh.

Yeah pershings do indeed bounce more shots, while TA also sucks at accuracy.
Out of 3 shots against a Pershing, 1 will hit the ground 1 feet in front of the TA, 1 will actually hit the pershing, though bouncing off, and the last will fly past the pershing killing 20 rifles that were trying to flank on the other side of the map.

On a more serious note, i think the TA control is somehow fucked up. Sometimes it doesn't listen(not due to lag) thus driving into mines, turning the back to the enemy etc. And no, it only happens to the TA, it's not my tank micro in general Tongue

BigDick
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 04:35:58 am »

pershing is by far the best heavy tank in eir

it is so cost effective and can take on infantry and tanks and its vet is fucking powerful and is gained even faster than on panthers

the tiger ace is most crap heavy tank (even more crap then the tiger) because of price, pp costs and retarded vet requirements for crap vet

maybe the kingtiger can be a good heavy tank but only in late game when you get enough support from your teammates and your opponent forgot to purchase stickies and mines

Pershing FTW
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 04:44:50 am »

Haha, yeah it shouldn´t be considered as an axis pershing. One late game I tried to stop a lieutenant that stumbled upon a Pak that I had with a tiger. The lieutenant were slowly working down my pak crew while the tiger started shooting:

-shot, "miss",
-shot, "miss",
-shot. "miss"

... The Pak crew were killed and the lieutenant fled unharmed, except the damage the pak "luger man" did.

That was kind of lolz, a pak "luger man" is sometimes more cost effective than a tiger.  Cheesy

"Well opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 05:31:53 am »

damn that is prity bad...are they planning on giving it a buff cause it should be like a pak 88 on wheels but it's more like heavily armored p4 on the field with wats seems like shorter range of fire, i hope they fix it :

So much massive fail squeezed into this little paragraph.

(1) Prity - It's not fucking hard to spell pretty

(2) Pak 88? There is no such thing as a Pak 88. It's a flak 36, or flak 88mm. It's not that hard to get unit names right.

(3) Do you have any idea how imbalanced a Flak 36 would be if it were mobile and had the armour of a tank? It's already a huge impact on the game as it is, immobile and vulnerable to artillery.

(4) MUCH more heavily armoured, with a much better gun, with longer range.

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 11:40:38 am »

I ditched my tiger, its just not cost effective.  I'd rather have the panther and an infantry squad.  The tiger is good at supporting, it really hits infantry hard.  But it screams, 'hai dere, come kills me'.  Then you're down three PP.  You really gotta baby these things, the damn allies get a boner when they see one come on the field, lol, they will do anything to kill one.  In my opinion, I'd rather ditch this thing and get 2 precision strike.

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 11:42:02 am »

Tiger MP cost is out of whack atm and will be fixed in 006.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 11:49:15 am »

I tried a TA for a bit...the speed is nice, the armor is ok, it still cant hit shit. I removed it in favor of a KT, and if that doesn't seem useful I'll just spam P4's, at least those hit just about anything I want them to and they get Vet worth paying PP for.

Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 12:00:52 pm »

mmmm PIVs are such great tanks.  I don't use em as AT though,  they are really good at hitting inf at distance, and keep a pak around to keep those allied tanks back.
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 08:22:15 pm »

damn that is prity bad...are they planning on giving it a buff cause it should be like a pak 88 on wheels but it's more like heavily armored p4 on the field with wats seems like shorter range of fire, i hope they fix it :

So much massive fail squeezed into this little paragraph.

(1) Prity - It's not fucking hard to spell pretty

(2) Pak 88? There is no such thing as a Pak 88. It's a flak 36, or flak 88mm. It's not that hard to get unit names right.

(1) i am sorry about that i suck at English, as in at school i never did well

(2) i had a mind blank i meant flak 36 but was thinking of the pak gun isntead...

i would have at least expected to be as powerful as a panther in hitting tanks but would be able to take more hits. is that not why it cost another 250mp and 135 fuel, i used to love using the tiger but now it is really not worth it.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 08:23:39 pm »

Tiger is AI, panther AT.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 08:24:46 pm »

Oh, and to correct people, the PaK43 is an 88mm PAK gun.
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 08:26:54 pm »

so really tiger is a waste and should not even be in the game cause they have nerfed what it is meant to be good at...?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc