Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:10:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 29, 2024, 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Stormtroopers  (Read 20113 times)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 09:10:16 am »

And shrecks are not supposed to fight the pershing anyway storm or gren, that's never going to end well... kinda when you watch tigers gobble up rangers and sometimes airborne like candy.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 10:40:24 am »

You can still take dual shrecks on Stormtroopers, which is a very good reason to take them over Grenadiers

280 ammo, which can be killed in a second. I would not take 2 Shreks on a 4-man squad, because of tank rushes and arty.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 11:33:37 am »

GrayWolf? With misinformation?

It's more likely than you think.

Storm shrecks were dropped in price when their cloak got the boot - Dual shrecks are 230 MU which is a grand total of 10 MU more than buying 2 of them individually on standard Grenadiers. Single shrecks for Grenadiers are 110 MU and 120 MU for Storms.

You've got the advantage of 2 Shrecks on 5 pop with 95 HP per man for a reasonable price.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 02:38:32 pm »

How about you both get back on topic so no one has to remove you from the balance forum........

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 03:59:59 pm »

Graywolf, you have been sent a PM about this. Why you choose to partake in this behaviour, I dont know. At any rate, consider yourself banned from the balance forum from this point. Dont reply further to this topic.

If you have complaints, please send a PM.

Shab, more offtopic in balance forum and you're next. If someone is doing offtopic, we don't reply to it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 04:12:02 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2014, 04:01:56 pm »

I like Stormies the way they are now. They are a tough frontline unit.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 05:49:15 pm »

I like Stormies the way they are now. They are a tough frontline unit.
They're no tougher then grens, give or take what 10hp, over priced by 40mp, expensive abeit rather ineffective (2x Mp44's,  bundle nades), require vet 1 for cover cloak.
Now im fine with the new way they have to camo, hated active stealthboy camo they had before, But something has got to give to make them a viable option as assault inf which as far as I can tell, is what they're ment to be.

I dont want them to over shadow grens or kch, but in their current state they feel personally worse off then grens.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2014, 06:29:13 pm »

Uh huh XII.

You've clearly not been reading correctly, they have +15 HP over Grenadiers, which means they can survive tank shells from anything but a Pershing or very lucky TD (Non-reward units, but even then if we include them the list of units that CAN one-shot members is much smaller than the increased list of units that cannot).

That is a MASSIVE difference in survivability, as tanks are the main thing to curb stomp assault infantry. Storms, like all other WM infantry have access to medkits so they can make heavy use of their increased survivability.

Bundle nades are the best grenades in the game, 2x MP44's will allow you to shit on any non-upgraded infantry and 4x MP44's will allow you to use old mobile cloak meaning you can wreck any support weapons on demand and ambush the crap out of any infantry.

Shrecks are much more potent on Storms than Grenadiers as the targets they are fighting cannot wipe half the squad instantly where Grenadiers would be. There's also access to dual shrecks which only defensive can get on Grenadiers.

The idea that they are worse off than Grenadiers is ridiculous.

Their combat ability is fine, and 280 MP isn't a massive amount to ask for an extremely durable and versatile platform.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2014, 06:42:23 pm »

they cost the same as mandos. and as garry pointed out mandos are really bad.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2014, 06:53:17 pm »

AB 280 MP Rangers 310 MP.

That's a pretty shit argument.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 07:36:30 pm »

I must just be getting shitty rolls, last few games stormies have been getting 1 shotted by lees, chaffees and croms.

I also just find the unit is a mess, 4x mp44s give stealthboy cloak, 2x gives cover cloak, 2x shreck is cover cloak ? and 1x shreck is ?

Yes bundle nade is the best dmg and splash wise, but it also costs the most, has 1 use and a slightly longer timer, thus out of cloak is. easier to dodge.

would it be bad to trial them with AB armor for the -moving acc % so they can charge ?

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2014, 07:52:48 pm »

Getting one shotted by any of those vehicles would only happen if you took previous damage, which is what medkits are for. If they are ramming tanks like Lees, Chaffees and Cromwells down your throat, where is your support? A single Storm squad is 5 pop, all of those are in the 8-12 range. Storms are not intended to be used alone as a solve-all-your-problems unit. The only exception to this is when you give them 4x MP44's and use them for raiding.

1x Shreck is also cover cloak, that's consistency for all but one upgrade making it a mess how?...

Bundle nades will let you wipe out any support weapon you catch it with instantly, and will turn any regular infantry into chunks, especially if caught either off guard or suppressed. You can also opt for 4x MP44's + bundle nade which whilst expensive, is ridiculously dangerous levels of AI.

Yes it would be bad to trial them with AB armour. It's like people want them to be able to tank everything and kill everything at the same time, which they very nearly already do as far as infantry go.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2014, 11:50:12 pm »

In my opinion having them have active camo with everything but schrecks would be one way to go, schrecks could have tank buster cover cloak though, but not active one.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 01:25:25 am »

In my opinion having them have active camo with everything but schrecks would be one way to go, schrecks could have tank buster cover cloak though, but not active one.

I would give them elite armor in cost of camo. Totally. Why? Cause they are Shocktruppen. Why won't we make a sabotage group or sth and we just leave Stormies as a heavy infantry? Even with elite armor, they're not as good as oaks (Which have nearly the same price - 20 ammo difference with STGs). Oaks even get better doctrinal upgrades and stormies are much more easily suppreses, which means 1 HMG and you can fail the whole push. I know Blitz and Terror are two different doctrines, but the only serious difference is :
- off-maps
- You take KT or Tiger.
- Terror : tank defensive buffs (+ more AoE), Blitz : tanks offensive buffs.

Do as you want, but also having bigger variation of reward/doctrinal infantry wouldn't be a bad idea.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 01:27:19 am by GrayWolf » Logged
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2014, 01:57:19 am »

elite armor was on ranger a mistake.

and that mistake shouldnt be repeated on stormies, who are far cheaper.

but at the moment, they are a bad choice for their current price

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2014, 02:02:51 am »

310mp for 6 men with elite armor vs 280mp for 4 men with elite armor.
Theres a big difference to survivability and offensive ability their ick for a measily 30mp.

Grens get elite armor from middle Blitz T4, which effectivly negates your "far cheaper" argument.

I mean KCH by default are 290mp 3 man elite armor, no one bats an eye.
Why ? because its only 3 men, and any losses by the squad reduces dps by 33%
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 02:12:32 am »

no one even uses rangers.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2014, 03:34:34 am »

The stupidity in the balance discussions reaches new levels.

310mp for 6 men with elite armor vs 280mp for 4 men with elite armor.
Theres a big difference to survivability and offensive ability their ick for a measily 30mp.

You are aware of "shouldNT" = should not? - read before you argue.

Grens get elite armor from middle Blitz T4, which effectivly negates your "far cheaper" argument.
Grens get elite armor at mid t4? YES and what do others get? Tank reaper, APCR, Omniscienes: defnitly competetive to an elite armor buff.

I mean KCH by default are 290mp 3 man elite armor, no one bats an eye.
Why ? because its only 3 men, and any losses by the squad reduces dps by 33%
OMG i totally forgot that KCH cost NO AMMO - thx for reminding me, THANK YOU

no one even uses rangers.
IF you would spend time on the battlefield instead of trolling in the forums, then you would see them
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:36:06 am by ick312 » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2014, 03:38:37 am »

Grens get elite armor at mid t4? YES and what do others get? Tank reaper, APCR, Omniscienes: defnitly competetive to an elite armor buff.

IF you would spend time on the battlefield instead of trolling in the forums, then you would see them

don't derail the thread please.

I for one think that they are fine maybe they could use a minor tweak. no way in hell should they get cloaked on schreks. or elite armor ever again.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2014, 04:15:03 am »

I dont think you realise what elite armor can do for grens ick, they can survive tank shots already.

I waved ammo costs because they are irrelivant for the sake of the argument 3xmp44 110mu vs 2xmp44/4xmp44 60-120mu
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc