Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:03:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Secrets Revealed 4 - Availability  (Read 19276 times)
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 08:56:35 pm »

well i guess there will always be asshats in this community  Roll Eyes

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Igawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 09:02:06 pm »

o.o Hold on one second....are you guys saying that you can just keep buying units as long as you have the PP to support it?

The units will still cost resources....so yeah you can afford more of one type, but you'll still be sacrificing in other areas. If you had enough PP, you could still theoretically make a Raidborne spam company, or a Riflespam/Sherman/whateverspam company, but just as in current EIR, they aren't the end-all.

Like....you might be able to buy 2 P4s before you reach In Supply, and if you can afford it yeah you can buy 4....but your fuel won't support any more than that.

As far as I can see, it is simply a system that makes it HARD to spam units. Not impossible, like a hard cap, but difficult and expensive. That means, if you're good with your spam company and keep it alive, then congrats, you are more than welcome to use it.

Spam was EASY and EFFECTIVE in old EIR....that doesn't mean it's the ONLY effective build out there. This system should help people find the OTHER effective strategies, and discourage the boring spam
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 09:21:44 pm »

Sounds like it will punish playing with a nub.

Stack/Noobstomp: Keep units, get more rez bonus's, get more doctrines, buy more vet, more cool units.
Help Newbie/Fight Vet: Get PP units raped, spend 2-3 games stomping to get more.

Based on the released information, I believe that this is a seriously major problem.

From the newbie advantages post:
First, work out the ranks of each TEAM.

Axis 8 4 2 = 14 / 3 = 4.66 (round up at .5) = 5

Allies 8 6 6 = 20 / 3 = 6.66 (round up at .5) = 7

Then, each *player* compares to the others *team* rank.

Axis 1 = 8 vs 7 = no adv
Axis 2 = 4 vs 7 = 3 / 2 = 1.5 = 2 adv
Axis 3 = 2 vs 7 = 5 / 2 = 2.5 = 3 adv

So the only 'good' player on the axis team here will most likely lose veterancy and PP based units, and does not get any newbie advantages to compensate him playing with newbies. If this isn't going to be addressed then you'll get uber stacking as a result.

I think in addition what could be done is a system that REDUCES PP / vet gain for the stacked team, just like in RPGs. If you're level 50 and you kill a level 1 creep, you get like 0 exp for it. That would discourage stacked teams from playing newbies because the time invested wouldn't be worth it if they only get 1 or 2 PP per win.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2009, 09:28:55 pm »

Realize that we aren't done releasing information, so automatically assuming that the better player earns nothing would be a mistake.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2009, 09:30:36 pm »

Based on the released information, I believe that this is a seriously major problem

This is my cop-out  Grin

But well carry on releasing info in bits and pieces to keep interest up, and we'll posting in bits and pieces because we're interested :p
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2009, 09:31:07 pm »

Based on the released information, I believe that this is a seriously major problem

This is my cop-out  Grin

But well carry on releasing info in bits and pieces to keep interest up, and we'll posting in bits and pieces because we're interested :p

Bah, you win this round.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2009, 09:36:57 pm »

This is my cop-out  Grin

Bah, you win this round.

Shocked  Wink
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2009, 10:52:49 pm »

Yeah, theres a counter advantage for higher ranked players helping nubs - it hasnt been finalised yet - but its apparent that it will be needed Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2009, 01:45:22 am »

i wonder how this will affect doctrines. i mean right now, my raid assault is the best its ever been because i set it up with only AB. and i mean you want to make the most of your T4. or what about tank reapers? if you are tank reapers you get tons of rifles and ATGs so your team doesn't have to worry about them.

either way im sure doctrines might get changed so it doens't matter.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2009, 04:47:22 am »

my raid assault is the best its ever been because i set it up with only AB. and i mean you want to make the most of your T4. or what about tank reapers? if you are tank reapers you get tons of rifles and ATGs
That’s the problem with current allied doctrines right there. Single unit buffs/discounts only promotes spam. It’s as simple as that…
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2009, 05:14:12 am »

allies are all about that pauli lol......

the only thing you can do is rifle spam/ab spam/tank spam/arty spam lol, if you don´t spam you usually loose lol.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Eternal Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2009, 06:57:07 am »

Hopefully something that EiR:R will fix, or atleast reduce. As Pauli said, you have to spam, because the doctrines encourage it. If you dont, you wont be using your company at its best = loss
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2009, 11:10:16 am »

Though the other half of the spam equation is that if everyone has 'balanced companies', then it gets boring, because every single game will be the same as everyone has the same ratio of infantry to tanks to weapons teams to artillery.

Spam makes EiR interesting. So hopefully it doesn't get too impossible to get decent spam going, else then we'll all complain that every game plays the same.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2009, 11:52:13 am »

That's a really good point, but I'm sure that's exactly why they went for the soft cap option, so it is still possible customise in a direction that suits your play style. But of course making you pay extra for it.

Pwanawan baby!
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2009, 11:02:45 pm »

one thing im curious about is how volks/grens vs rifle soft cap will be. i mean US only have rifles so lets say the soft cap is 18 squads, does that mean axis would have 9 cap on volks and grens each? or 18 each? but a great thing about availability is it will give us another way to balance units. as of right now the only way to balance units is through through MP, Pop Cap, munis, and fuel. now we can take into consideration lowering the soft cap on a unit as well as the other 3 factors.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2009, 05:33:08 pm »

if the spam cap is too low on riflemen...
OMFG ENGIE BLOB!

RikiRude6 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2009, 06:02:47 pm »

OK I'm curious, since axis have more types of units, shouldn't their availability be lower?

riflemen are at a cap of 10

volks are also at 10 and so are grens. axis won't have to spend PP on their basic infantry, if you're like me you use volks to recrew and grens to do your fighting. Where as US you only have rifle to do both jobs.

The same also goes for tanks, although I don't know many people who field more then 4 tanks anyways, I know some people field more then 10 infantry units, heck my armor company has 8 rifle squads, and my infantry companies have had 20+ at times, airborne companies I used to run would have 12. Anyways, I think the tank availability is pretty much fine, but I think US ought to have say maybe 15 rifle squads open, and axis keeps their volks and grens at 10 each.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2009, 04:15:39 pm »

they are now

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc