Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:59:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EiR:R Secrets Revealed 5 - The Units  (Read 18434 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« on: January 31, 2009, 04:29:00 am »

EIR:R Secrets Revealed – 5 The Units

A previously un-announced secrets revealed entry, we have made a special Podcast for you to listen to, here is a small sample of some of what we will be talking about. Also listen in to hear if your question from the 'ask and you MAY receive' post have been answered.

ASK AND YOU MAY RECEIVE THREAD
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=7613.15

PODCAST ON MODDB
http://www.moddb.com/mods/europe-in-ruins/videos

sample of the discussion:
American

The American faction has not had much of a face lift as it has been around for the last 2 years in Europe in Ruins. We have done a few alterations which are:

-The Quad is its own unit now. This allows a different population then the un-upgraded halftrack.

-Weapon crews have an abandon button assigned to it. Troops will abandon the weapon and flee to safety to retain their vet.

-All weapon crews will automatically retreat when only 1 man is left alive instead of dieing with the second man.

-Rangers are now 6 popcap and are bought without bazooka's.

-Triage is now open to all Allied players

------

listen in for more info about all the things you can expect in the EIR:R game!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 04:40:04 am by salan » Logged

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 04:55:42 am »

Way to dodge my question  Cry
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:06:34 am by Akranadas » Logged
gungunx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 04:56:46 am »

yay for rangers !
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 05:10:54 am »

Way to dodge my question  Cry

I believe the answer in vent last night was 2.

EIRRMod and your mom.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 05:50:20 am »

Balance period without doctrines:
Sounds good in theory but reality is that doctrines (as they are now) really screws with the usefulness/survivability of numerous units. Good examples of this are things like axis mortar and nebelverfers who’s survivability and hence usefulness goes down the drain with the current over abundance of allied off map artillery. What I would like to see is all off map artillery completely removed form the game (except for air). That also means no BS rocket artillery on callies so it goes both ways. I guess we will see how that works in the period before doctrines are introduced. 

Veterancy:
You can earn level 1 but veterancy above that has to purchased. If the bonuses are comparable to the current system this might give a slight disadvantage to wehrmacht due to their inefficient level 1 bonus? This may however give an excellent gameplay incentive to spend points on getting a veteran army.

Emplacements:
What happens if part of the squad get killed before building the emplacements or while taking it down?
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 05:56:04 am »

Just to let you know it isn’t all criticism. I loved most of the proposed changes. Especially new trenches, abandoning HMG/mortars and the removal of price reductions.

I am bit sad to see that stuff like tread breaker is still in the game. Just because an ability is in the original game it doesn’t mean that it’s good for the game.  Smiley 
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 06:00:56 am »

Balance period without doctrines:
Sounds good in theory but reality is that doctrines (as they are now) really screws with the usefulness/survivability of numerous units. Good examples of this are things like axis mortar and nebelverfers who’s survivability and hence usefulness goes down the drain with the current over abundance of allied off map artillery. What I would like to see is all off map artillery completely removed form the game (except for air). That also means no BS rocket artillery on callies so it goes both ways. I guess we will see how that works in the period before doctrines are introduced. 

The only Doctrine items are unit unlocks in the balance period. No offmaps.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 06:02:01 am »

Good work guys!  Grin

Pwanawan baby!
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 06:02:37 am »

As Brit player I'm happy for these changes, mobile defense line sounds great and back of ace tiger is pretty good idea
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 06:19:57 am »

The only Doctrine items are unit unlocks in the balance period. No offmaps.
Yes I know. That’s why I said that the price for things like mortart/nebels that are determined in beta will not be applicable if they later introduce off map arty in the doctrines.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 06:22:44 am »

How do you know that exactly?
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 06:24:08 am »

One thing that concerns me is that the British have no mobile ATG, sure they can slowly move the emplacement but that is really not going to help when AT is needed somewhere else now is it?

They have no MG either, would you consider allowing the 17punder and Vickers to be un-garrison-able (Not a word) two man squads? I feel the British are going to have a hard time trying to defend urban locations where there emplacement will be largely blocked by buildings.

EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 06:26:59 am »

Akranadas I'm pretty sure he is right, there is no offmaps in OMG yet so these units like Mortars and even PAKs are proving to be very very powerful, so a pricing not considering offmaps would not be accurate.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 06:36:06 am »

From our testing, we've found these units to not be as big of a problem as you two are expecting.

Also, British have other ways to counter Tanks besides ATGs. Bren Button plus PIAT being my favourite, PIAT ambushes are amusing. The Firefly, Cromwells, ect. Their not left out in the open by not having a mobile ATG. You should give it a shot before worrying about it

British require a slight rethink in the way you play EIR, they are a totally different force with strengths and weakness. PE are just about in the same boat as them.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 06:44:08 am »

I see what your saying but that is a particularly micro intensive way to fight against a tank, that could otherwise have been spent dealing with its support which would be more than like engaging your AT infantry.

No other race forces the user to have that much micro skill to deal with a tank.

Have you been testing with offmaps? Because my experience so far that indirect fire units have much much greater survivability in comparison to EIR.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 06:53:16 am »

Of course without indirect fire weapons your weapon teams are more survivable. It just means that you have to manage your troops better and figure out a different way to counter it, No more Retards "LOLARTY" counters to weapons.

The British are not going to be noob friendly and we aren't intending to make them that way. If someone is going to pick british it's because they believe they are the best choice. If you want MGs and Mobile ATGs, go for US or Wehr, don't pick british and expect Americans with British accents.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 07:09:07 am »

Haha that's not what I'm saying, I'm just expressing a concern that the British are going to have a really hard time in the EIR environment if we stick to rigidly to their vCOH mechanics.

The link at the bottom of your post is awesome by the way haha!
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 09:12:49 am »

One thing that concerns me is that the British have no mobile ATG, sure they can slowly move the emplacement but that is really not going to help when AT is needed somewhere else now is it?

They have no MG either, would you consider allowing the 17punder and Vickers to be un-garrison-able (Not a word) two man squads? I feel the British are going to have a hard time trying to defend urban locations where there emplacement will be largely blocked by buildings.

I think you are forgetting Fireflies....
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 10:09:00 am »

I´m happy with all the changes you mentioned in the podcast but......

mobile triages of doom with an mg in it?

What?

Wtf?

I mean, seriously, What?

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 10:23:54 am »

No I'm not forgetting fireflies it is a high pop tank not an ATG, or MG. Its role may be the British tank destroyer, but that's like comparing an 57mm ATG to a M10.

I know that EIR wants to stay as close to vCOH as possible but I just see this as a massive weakness for the Brits.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc