Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:06:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EiR:R Secrets Revealed 5 - The Units  (Read 18428 times)
Mysthalin_Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 10:25:46 am »

It's more of a comparison between a pak and a Panther, not an M10 to a 57 Wink.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 10:29:59 am »

Ha ha true, point taken!

Pwanawan baby!
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 12:02:07 pm »

No I'm not forgetting fireflies it is a high pop tank not an ATG, or MG. Its role may be the British tank destroyer, but that's like comparing an 57mm ATG to a M10.

I know that EIR wants to stay as close to vCOH as possible but I just see this as a massive weakness for the Brits.

its the only weakness the Brits have. 

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 12:02:59 pm »

So it seems that treadbreaker will remain useless against teams with decent Brits.  Apparently overrepair lets you repair faster AND ignore treadbreaker...which is broken IMO...
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 12:22:20 pm »

i see no problem with the british. Take territory and hold, thats what they do, and in the current environment of EIR, being able to do that is just great. So they dont excel in a mobile defense/offense, so what, the way I play, I may go british. My callie company for one is basically, boom boom boom, take out defenses, move infantry in, take teriroty, bring in support weapons and hold territory, only move when needed, sounds like the way the brits are. The PE on the other hand are kind of like airborne in that they are very mobile and fi you try and go static with them, you'll fail, you must always try to be moving and or attacking, as they are not good at just sitting still in an area and holding. I think a Tank Hunter + Defense playing would be totally beast. Get a marder or two with an 88 and a mortar ht and you're pretty set to go. i dont think that balancing will be much of a problem, especially seeing as Eir is already a pretty stable environment. If you try and comprae this to omg you'll fail cuz they're starting from fresh. No the idea may not be fresh but the coding and their own balancing is, all they're basically doing in eir:r is brining in 2  new factions and balancing an already pretty balanced system (i know some is imba, but thats not the point). Just wait and see. Im holding my critisim until I get to play with the actual product in my hands, yet on the other hand, those that are on beta team and have expressed their like and praise for reinforcements are peoples who opinions i respect so Im very excitied.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 12:28:32 pm »

I´m happy with all the changes you mentioned in the podcast but......

mobile triages of doom with an mg in it?

What?

Wtf?

I mean, seriously, What?

they are made of oops, i died ..  They are extremely easy to kill in comparison to anything.  Its basically a bike.
and they heal a lot slower then any other one.  Placing it carefully is a definite must.

I think we were a tad bit excited about their difference in the podcast, was a rgd nightmare to make work right.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 12:52:08 pm by salan » Logged

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 12:34:20 pm »

People have feared the coming of the british for the last year.  At first it was always PLEASE do not make their emplacements to strong, their trenches godly.  Lately it is please let them mirror the other factions and have the mobility as well as the firepower.

Other people obviously went different routes, we decided to keep it more in tune with the direction that vanilla had, while altering as we needed.   Please go forward with a mindset that it is a balance period.  It is a time to see what works, what doesn't and to make easy and hard decisions.

We have tested the crap out of it.  I for one, absolutely SUCK as the british.  I still try to play it as an american force.  and I pay endlessly for it.   But someone like stumpster and akranadas have fine tooned their play style to take into effect the differences, and let me tell you, it is NOT as impossible to win with if you know what you are doing.  It ultimately represents a much higher skill faction then the base american and wehrmacht due to its change in style.

those who understand how it works differently will do great with it.  those who try to play the same as they are use to with it, will probably fail in line beside me.

Also, please don't forget that EIR is not a 1 v 1 game.  The MOST successful games and challenging games we have had so far have always been the mixed games, try to not pair with 2 PE or 2 brits, and amazing things can happen.

Thanks for all the feedback and discussion guys, its nice to hear you enjoyed the podcast.  we will look into another soon.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 12:37:45 pm by salan » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 12:36:14 pm »

also don't forget the british themselves do have MG and mortar options with the commando's... oh those pesky little gliders!
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 12:50:38 pm »

People have feared the coming of the british for the last year. 

AND SO THEY SHOULD!

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
GiffE Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 01:17:35 pm »

Cool podcast guys!
Sounds like fun stuff  Smiley

stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 02:45:09 pm »

So it seems that treadbreaker will remain useless against teams with decent Brits.  Apparently overrepair lets you repair faster AND ignore treadbreaker...which is broken IMO...

Treadbreaker is far from useless.  There are a couple things in EIR:R that will keep OR from being too powerful.

1 - Expert Engineers repair/overrepair at a rate of .9.  In vCoH they repair/overrepair at a rate of 10.  The difference is enormous, and if you really want to overrepair to the point where you can soak up a shot the tank is sitting there for a while.

2 - Overrepair is going to be capped by a percentage based on the unit that you are overrepairing.  In vCoH currently it is a 300 HP cap, and doesn't matter what you have overrepaired.  When we put it in, it will likely be something like a 20% cap, which maxes at about 120 HP cap for the Cromwell.  Simply put - we are looking to make it useful, but not overpowered.

3 - Expert Engineers is going to be a doctrine choice, so unless you're coordinated, you aren't going to have things like OR'd Tets running around.  Tongue

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 03:20:23 pm »

AB players can have triage <3<3<3

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 03:35:42 pm »

if there are triage for all US then repair bunkers for all wher?
1wingedAngel Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 03:40:31 pm »

Never understood why defensive didnt have repair bunkers..but other doctrines did..
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 03:49:02 pm »

Cool podcast guys!
Sounds like fun stuff  Smiley
Underground BBC about progress on front Grin  Thanks for asnwer on my question. And yes I'm not awared about balance "omg,omg brits are op, zomg". I have some tricks from vcoh, which can be really useful here, yup my own teller mines at brits  Grin. But I won't probably use commando doctrine till I see what they really offer except mobile mgs, mortars (will cost of mobile will higher?) and commandos pack
Ugainius Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 03:50:39 pm »

-Weapon crews have an abandon button assigned to it. Troops will abandon the weapon and flee to safety to retain their vet.

-All weapon crews will automatically retreat when only 1 man is left alive instead of dieing with the second man.

Excellent my howie and flak have a chance of getting vet now that isn't lost because the frontline moved an inch or so against me
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2009, 03:54:03 pm »

everyone can build triages and rep bunkers now.... I wonder who would waste MU in rep bunkers now though...

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2009, 06:21:45 pm »

hmm good point on repair bunkers not being as useful now, maybe their price will go down? but if defensive gets improved bunkers, then maybe they will be a little bit more useful.
TymTest
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2009, 07:07:01 pm »

im wondering about support weapons when they get "killed' and get to that one man, who wll run off, will that unit "die" or will you retain that vet as if you abandoned the weapon?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2009, 08:13:55 pm »

....lol tym, listen/read better.

yes, the last guy will run away and keep the vet for that unit.

hmm good point on repair bunkers not being as useful now, maybe their price will go down? but if defensive gets improved bunkers, then maybe they will be a little bit more useful.

rep bunkers aren´t useful at all for what I´ve read so far lol, 1 pio does exactly the same as the rep bunker, takes 2 pop cap as the rep bunker, heals at the same rate as the rep bunker, and you can move it !, and it´s cheaper 110mp vs 160mu :p.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc