Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:08:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR:R Secrets Revealed 6: Advantages  (Read 8901 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« on: February 03, 2009, 09:00:03 pm »

EIR:R Secrets Revealed - 6: Battle Advantages and Other Advantages

In Europe in Ruins we are all used to a style of play that mimics VCoH units and abilities.  The abilities in EiR have been given static uses that for the last two years have pummeled our opponents with easily recognizable results.  2 artillery barrages from an infantry player and you know he is out, unless the first shell landed a second after smoke, at which point you know they would have 5.  A very easy ability to spot the difference of and be prepared for its amount of uses.

This is about to change.

Off-map abilities are going to get a bit of a revamp in EIR:R.  Unlike in EIR currently, you will not have a set number of uses for an off-map ability.  Instead, you will receive one free off-map use with most doctrine unlocks and the option to purchase additional uses with PP on a per battle basis.  Obviously, this will have a maximum to keep griefers from stockpiling PP to unleash an enormous off-map barrage.

This battle advantage system will also take effect on global abilities like Inspired assault, and field repair to say a few, furthering the depth of our Prestige system.

Besides Battle Advantages, in EIR:R we are also going to have another screen for Other Advantages.  These are passive or out-of-battle Advantages and take the place of and expand on the old RB system.  Advantages are abilities that apply to each army that can be purchased by PP.  Resource bonuses are not cumulative and do not stack.  You need to have the previous skill (1) to get the later skill (2) and even later (3).

There are some specific units, and upgrades which will fall into the global unlocks which this system presents, mostly health regeneration buildings and specific repair boosting units or upgrades.

Also check out our 2nd podcast, containing answers to the questions you asked in the 'ask and you may receive' thread!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/europe-in-ruins/videos/eirr-secrets-podcast-2#imagebox

please continue to post more questions, we will probably be able to answer some more soon!
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=7613.60

Stay tuned for the upcoming EIR:R Secrets sections on Veterancy, Pricing, and the EIR:R release, coming soon!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 09:10:41 pm by salan » Logged

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 09:13:18 pm »

enjoy the info and podcast guys!
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 09:43:44 pm »

I got a ring in 'ere last night.

The Germans in Greek
Are sadly to seek;
Not five in five score,
But ninety-five more;
All, save only Hermann,
And Hermann's a German.
DiBBs Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:03:03 pm »

Is it just me or does reinforcements seem to get better and better by every secrets revealed?!  Shocked
Peiper71 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 11:00:34 pm »

Nah, its just you Tongue

Seriously, most of what I've heard I've liked. Again though, the concept of the returning Tiger Ace is just too silly for words for me now that you've confirmed its an upgrade and we will be seeing vet 0 tiger aces amongst vet 3 tigers. Just abstracts the whole veterency system for me and given how powerful its original stats were its sure to be a favorite regardless of cost (you can't have more than one tiger or any mark on the field anyhow). I think people have forgotten how damn powerful this unit was. Now add vet to it.
DiBBs Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 11:22:47 pm »

I like a challenge.
I play as allies
And i can't wait to try and knock out a tiger ace.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 03:32:51 am »

"Stay tuned for the upcoming EIR:R Secrets sections on EIR:R release Veterancy, Pricing, "

in thix order plox Tongue

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 05:34:34 am »

woot

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 05:35:22 am »

Very nice system, So many many things to blow PP on! Class I can't wait!

Pwanawan baby!
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 05:43:01 am »

Great, no more noob off map spamming.  Grin

I like a challenge.
I play as allies
And i can't wait to try and knock out a tiger ace.

you won´t lol.
MistenTHA Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 07:22:35 am »

Very nice system, So many many things to blow PP on! Class I can't wait!

Nownow, remember to save for a rainy day, save up for better things instead of instant gratification, invest your PPs with LoLman brothas today!
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 07:58:33 am »

With the current economic climate there has never been a better time to buy buy buy! Now if I could only get the credit....
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 04:16:23 am »

Nah, its just you Tongue

Seriously, most of what I've heard I've liked. Again though, the concept of the returning Tiger Ace is just too silly for words for me now that you've confirmed its an upgrade and we will be seeing vet 0 tiger aces amongst vet 3 tigers. Just abstracts the whole veterency system for me and given how powerful its original stats were its sure to be a favorite regardless of cost (you can't have more than one tiger or any mark on the field anyhow). I think people have forgotten how damn powerful this unit was. Now add vet to it.

something i couldn't comment on earlier, the unit is powerful, and that is probably why it is the most expensive unit in manpower/fuel as well as prestige on availability and cost for vetting up.  It will earn its cost, or... be hunted down endlessly and killed!
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 05:16:10 am »

oh god.... the acceleration bonus for the tiger is enough for me Grin
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 05:17:28 am »

its not as bad as you guys make it seem.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 05:18:13 am »

the tiger ace in campaign wasn't all that hard for me to kill. Only issue i really had with it is its support. If the tiger ace is unsupported, it's still easy to kill just like any tank.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 05:29:13 am »

we´ll see what do you think when you face it here.
Peiper71 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 02:08:05 pm »

Who's talking about the campaign? Handled by a player the Tiger Ace kicked serious butt. Insta-gibbing entire squads of riflemen on the odd occasion was hilarious (not so much if they were yours). It truly was a beast against inf and armor, with mobility to keep it alive. That's why its loss was lamented by Terror players, the KT simply isn't as awesome all round.

Now, the mobility part is what bugs me. If this is going to shift doctrine to Blitz, you suddenly have a Tiger with a gun like a King Tiger, moving like Sherman, that can veteran up like any unit, and then...  you hit the blitzkrieg button.

Yea..

If that's true, then sign me up for blitz.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 06:13:07 am »

The Tiger Ace does not deal more damage than a regular Tiger. The Tiger Ace has more speed, 1500 Health and 20% more penetration. (For the record, a KT has 2k HP)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 10:05:04 am »

= enough penetration and health to beat pershings and enough speed to get the hell out of dangerous situations = godly tank, I shall get 1 of those beasts, soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc