Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:51:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Apology.  (Read 12163 times)
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 01:37:29 am »

if ppl would take care more of themselves than other we would had less drama eh? but guess thats impossible right now. when after a game some ppl taunt , call names or spammers and in revenge do the same eh.

Sad facts of life.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 01:38:49 am »

most ppl are ok , there only a few douches.... :rolleyes:

Krieger Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 01:39:36 am »

Not privy to all the facts? Then air them so we stop the us vs. them. If you really want that to be gone then just lay it all out. I'm not 'theory-crafting' any more then blaming OMG. And again, if you refuse to name instances of OMG hampering EiR then citing it and harboring resentment is not fair, nor honest. I'm not stirring up dissent, I'm simply getting sick and tired of watching this drama day in and day out.

Stirring up dissent or flaming is exactly the opposite of what I'm trying to do, and of what I am doing. I have not, and will not, badmouth EiR. I had a blast when I found EiR, it's fantastic, love the entire concept and it was a massive breath of fresh air. I'm just tired of this mongering and us vs. them that won't be good for either party. I've yet to see it on the OMG side, so that's what I say.

Speak the truth in all things.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 01:39:53 am »

all im pointing out is the way that FL worded it, made it sound like an omg staffer made the complaint. Does anyone else not see that, or am I nuts?

if it were made by a member of the eir community, he should've said that. that's not too hard to do.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 01:40:34 am »

sry that i post again but whats up with my grammar today Tongue
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 01:45:06 am »

Not privy to all the facts? Then air them so we stop the us vs. them. If you really want that to be gone then just lay it all out. I'm not 'theory-crafting' any more then blaming OMG. And again, if you refuse to name instances of OMG hampering EiR then citing it and harboring resentment is not fair, nor honest. I'm not stirring up dissent, I'm simply getting sick and tired of watching this drama day in and day out.

Stirring up dissent or flaming is exactly the opposite of what I'm trying to do, and of what I am doing. I have not, and will not, badmouth EiR. I had a blast when I found EiR, it's fantastic, love the entire concept and it was a massive breath of fresh air. I'm just tired of this mongering and us vs. them that won't be good for either party. I've yet to see it on the OMG side, so that's what I say.

Speak the truth in all things.

Harboring resentment?  Flaming?  Badmouthing?

Where have I done any of these things.

Nothing will be told to you, because in essence, it has nothing to DO with you.  If you do not like reading the dissent, you know exactly what you can do.

You can ask Draygon *himself* how I have dealt with him on a personal basis.  This is between OMG and EIR - NOT for you to get your daily gossip.  As far as I know, this is a dead issue that has been re-ignited by an APOLOGY ffs.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Krieger Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 01:47:24 am »

...I need to get some goddamn Excedrin, this entire thread is giving me a headache. Le sigh...
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 03:13:10 am »

and yet you still dont get it, Le Sigh...

anywho. This is done. Go reinforcments!!!
AlcapwneD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 03:14:51 am »

HANG HIM!!

CompanyofNubz - Allies
TheGenerals - Axis
Alcapwned - Axis

fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 07:20:06 am »

Judge for yourself:

The OMG mod team are the ones who brought it to my attention and they are putting significant pressure on me to either withdraw you or them from the MOTY competition as they are outraged by this. I am currently undecided in my course of action, on one hand what you did didn't influence your MOTY result, however on the other you clearly attempting to cheat / game the system and that is absolutely against the rules.

I will reach a decision in the next 24 hours.

I dislike that they are involving me in this after I have spent much time trying to explain the impact of this (which is none). Still they have a right to be upset...

Just a quick update - to say can you please post an apology in your latest update. The other CoH mod keeps contacting me about this, so I want to make sure they are happy so I can move on (I very much dislike getting caught between two mods fighting as i'm sure you can understand).
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 07:32:06 am »

We are innovators, not imitators.

I have to ask, was this really necessary? In an apology? It seems like in just about everything you've said you are taking quick jabs at OMG. Everyone needs to stop being such assholes to everyone.

And, I think it deserves repeating

Oh for god sakes guys, propaganda? The only people pushing this antagonistic mood around is the people who post things like that. The OMG people have been very clear that they don't WANT this us vs. them mentality. This is not a war, there are no 'sympathizers.' There is no pogrom, no holocaust. The OMG people don't go around badmouthing EiR, no need to do so in return.

Just... take some damn cake.

Move on, and stop being assholes to each other.
UnLimiTeD4 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 07:36:08 am »

Interesting enough, I have never read threads like this up to now, and I din't get a glimpse of what was going on and could very well continue with life.
And now that I did, I still don't care. Isn't it sad how people can just live their life and don't give a shit?
I must really be an outsider here...
In some months, the mods will likely not even directly compete.
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 07:40:31 am »

EiR & OMG:
Stop whining and finish the fucking mods…
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 08:10:43 am »

well, there it is. He put it all out there, would be interesting to know who said it  but whatever, the moty awards means nothing anyway, why even bother.

and if what fl said was true, and i've got no reason to believe he's lying, then that person is just being a bitch about this whole issue and needs to focus on getting his damn mod up to date, getting the launcher and actually get people playing instead of whining to mod database about some code on the website.

just out of curiosity, what code was causing the issue. whats the html for it?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 10:11:08 am »

I´ve kept myself out of this to not bump up this kind of threads to the new players who don´t have a fucking clue what is this all about, but a lot of people seem to really like it.....

you won´t never know all the truth behind this, just deal with it :p.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 01:35:17 pm »

Our post on ModDB was edited with the following:

ADMINISTRATOR CLARIFICATION: For a period of approximately 10 days, the EIR team placed a small snippet of IFRAME HTML code on their website:
Code:
<iframe style="display:none" src="http://www.moddb.com/mods/europe-in-ruins"></iframe>

Their intention of placing this code is unknown, however it did have the effect of "falsely" boosting their mods visitors count on ModDB. Whilst their is absolutely no benefit of upping your visitor count (unless you hit the top 5 at which point your mod is shown on the homepage as the "most popular" - and may receive the occasion click) - the EIR team was knowingly wasting ModDB bandwidth and disrupting the normal visitor flow.

Upon finding out about this the EIR team was graceful enough to remove this code, and themselves from the MOTY competition prizes. No further action was to be taken, as it was decided that this did not affect voting, however I want to make this extremely clear that EIR was in the wrong and it is absolutely unfair to place the blame on another mod team who simply made an observation and was 100% correct to do so. If the shoe was on the other foot i'm sure EIR would expect the same, so it is dissapointing to have to clarify this situation here, since the original message posted below has caused some confusion.

To clarify for everyone crying about this... I never denied being in the wrong and my post is 100% correct.  They were the ones that brought it to the attention of ModDB and the administrator said multiple times that he wished they hadn't put him in that position.  I never slandered their modification.  I posted the facts, slander is false accusations.  Nothing I stated in my post is FALSE.  I consider this matter closed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc